ok this may be a stupid question but can i install any rom with xionia? such as gingerbread 2.3? i had it with clockworkmod but got stuck in a boot loop so not really wanting to try it again.
    08-04-2011 12:15 PM
    Xionia doesn't do as thorough of a wipe as CWM. The reason you were in CWM bootloop wasn't because of the recovery, it was because Factory Reset through Android Settings is a big NO-NO (only do those actions through recovery mode). CWM 3.0.28 or CWM 3.2.0.1 are recommended for Optimus V.
    08-04-2011 12:20 PM
    Xionia doesn't do as thorough of a wipe as CWM. The reason you were in CWM wasn't because of the recovery, it was because Factory Reset through Android Settings is a big NO-NO (only do those actions through recovery mode). CWM 3.0.28 or CWM 3.2.0.1 are recommended for Optimus V.
    ok thanks for that, im gonna take the risk so i can get gingerbread back lol. i miss it
    08-04-2011 01:07 PM
    Instead of making a new thread....

I downloaded Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6 instead of 1.2518.4 straight from the link in the reference guide and now I'm reading that .4 is better for the V. I've heard about backups not working between different recoveries, but will it work between .6 and .4 if I switch recoveries? Or should I not even bother with the backups I've made since .6 may not have wiped well enough to begin with, and just start over again?
    08-04-2011 02:00 PM
    Instead of making a new thread....

I downloaded Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6 instead of 1.2518.4 straight from the link in the reference guide and now I'm reading that .4 is better for the V. I've heard about backups not working between different recoveries, but will it work between .6 and .4 if I switch recoveries? Or should I not even bother with the backups I've made since .6 may not have wiped well enough to begin with, and just start over again?
    Before I switched to CWM I was using .6 because .4 was having trouble with my ext partitions being recognized. The only problem you could have with your backup/restore process is when different recoveries format to different ext such as .6 using ext3 and some cwm using ext4. In this case it will cause issues with restoring the ext I believe. Finally went to cwm due to the fact that, as stated prior, xionia wasn't wiping everything so I would have some leftovers showing up from my previous rom.
    08-04-2011 03:45 PM
    It's always a good idea to keep xionia on your sd card just in case you do something to cause a recovery loop. I'm going to test the IHO recovery v4.0.1.4 on the next update of the BACKside ROM-IHO + Green Machine Theme.Or I might just flash another IHO ROM just to see how well it can handle flashing the ROM,Gapps,And theme, at the same time. I have been having problems associated with doing that with CWM 3.2.0.1. I've been having to wait till a couple of reboots to flash the theme. The recovery screen looks like a CWM recovery screen except for the text on the top and bottom. I'm hoping it will improved where I can't see. I don't know how this will effect the options in ROM Manager as it was updated to function with the CWM 3.2.0.1. Ain't but one way to find out.
    08-04-2011 04:21 PM
    Before I switched to CWM I was using .6 because .4 was having trouble with my ext partitions being recognized. The only problem you could have with your backup/restore process is when different recoveries format to different ext such as .6 using ext3 and some cwm using ext4. In this case it will cause issues with restoring the ext I believe. Finally went to cwm due to the fact that, as stated prior, xionia wasn't wiping everything so I would have some leftovers showing up from my previous rom.
    Hmmm well I was thinking about switching over to cwm to give the backside rom a go so maybe if I don't like it and want harmonia back, I'll flash back to xionia and start over again with .4. I don't mind restoring the few games I have so its not a big deal.

It's always a good idea to keep xionia on your sd card just in case you do something to cause a recovery loop. I'm going to test the IHO recovery v4.0.1.4 on the next update of the BACKside ROM-IHO + Green Machine Theme.Or I might just flash another IHO ROM just to see how well it can handle flashing the ROM,Gapps,And theme, at the same time. I have been having problems associated with doing that with CWM 3.2.0.1. I've been having to wait till a couple of reboots to flash the theme. The recovery screen looks like a CWM recovery screen except for the text on the top and bottom. I'm hoping it will improved where I can't see. I don't know how this will effect the options in ROM Manager as it was updated to function with the CWM 3.2.0.1. Ain't but one way to find out.
    I noticed it had an option to fix recovery loop. That's definitely something I'll keep on there
    08-04-2011 06:39 PM
    One question is hormonia 1 really that good with battery???? Currently running hormonia 2.0, battery last longer then the other roms!!!! (don't get me wrong those are great roms)
    thanks to all the devs... and yes Ian using CWM base recovery 4.0.1.5..
    01-03-2012 11:32 PM
    I'm using xionia recovery and works well with Froyo and Gingerbread Roms.
    The fix-boot -loop option fixed my precious OV from a boot loop using Clockwork mod ......
    If it ain't broke - don't fix it, I always say. I recommend Xi:rolleyes:onia

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-04-2012 01:39 AM
    I'm using xionia recovery and works well with Froyo and Gingerbread Roms.
    The fix-boot -loop option fixed my precious OV from a boot loop using Clockwork mod ......
    If it ain't broke - don't fix it, I always say. I recommend Xi:rolleyes:onia

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Which recovery are you using? Is your ov new or old screen??
    01-05-2012 12:04 AM