what now?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my optimus with gingerbreak and I downloaded clockwork recovery and ROM manager and I have file explorer, but I don't know what to do now or how to do anything cool with root access...it sounds stupid but I'm not sure what I can or cannot do now with all this stuff or how to do it.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my optimus with gingerbreak and I downloaded clockwork recovery and ROM manager and I have file explorer, but I don't know what to do now or how to do anything cool with root access...it sounds stupid but I'm not sure what I can or cannot do now with all this stuff or how to do it.
The first and most important thing after rooting is to instal a recovery and make a nandroid backup of your system. You got the recovery,now boot into it and select backup and restore. Select backup. Let it do it's thing when done. select reboot system now. Now if you accidentally delete something important and it messes up your phone,you just go to backup and restore and restore you phone just like it was when you made the backup. Xionia works best with Froyo based ROM's, and ClockWorkMod 3.2.0.1(not 3.2.0)works best with Gingerbread ROM's EDIT: the select button on Xionia can be either be the home button or the menu button. If you hit the wrong one and your screen goes blank,just hit it again,then use the other button... ClockWorkMod the select button is the camera button on the side.