Hulu plus app for Optimus -stream over data connection-

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I originally posted this in the Optimus S forums and a few users have tried it and verified that it works, so here you go Optimus V!

It is very simple to get Hulu+ streaming to your Optimus if you follow these directions.
Read everything before reporting any issues. Realize that some ROMs contain an ad blocking host file within the ROM. See below for more.
Follow directions exactly!

If it doesn't work, you need to try it again. Some have reported that sometimes it takes more than one try. Just delete everything and start over if you get "unsupported device" error when opening the program.

Requirements: Titanium Backup (app from market - free), phone rooted.
This is tested and confirmed on CM7 port. There is no reason it shouldn't work on froyo based ROMs.

Process:
1. Download attached file.
2. Unzip files. Only unzip the file that I have attached. Don't unzip the files within the zip (ie the tar.gz files - leave those alone)
3. Place the three files in the /sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder on your sdcard (if you don't have this folder already, backup something using TB and it will appear).
4. Open Titanium Backup and restore Hulu+ app AND data. <---- This is important to do app+data!!
5. Enjoy Hulu on your phone.

Issues:
-The main screen has a glitch that looks weird when the app is loaded. Doesn't cause any performance issues and doesn't effect the app itself. Just a visual thing.
-If you are running an Ad blocking app, Hulu will not work. Hulu uses ads and if you have an ad blocker (whether it be an app or the files are programmed into the ROM you use) Hulu WILL NOT WORK!
Solution: If you have the Adfree app, you can open it and click revert hosts. Once you have done that, reboot and you can use Hulu and stream to your phone. ;)

If anyone has questions, please post. If I missed something, please point it out. Enjoy!

Download link here:http://db.tt/TpxgzRW
img.php

vem3xi.png
153te37.png

j8nwpk.png
w98ro5.png

Last edited:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Try again. You have to make sure you're putting them in the right directory. Many people have tried this method so I know it works. :)

Not sure what the issue could be...

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Got it this time. Still says device not supported

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Again, you'll have to try again. This error is noted in the original instructions with instructions on what to do. When in doubt, reread the instructions. Like I said, this works for many people on many different phones so its probably an installation/user error. I know that's not much for support but its true. ;)

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
No. I tried all the steps including reverting hosts and still doesn't work.

Oh well. Thanks for trying either way!

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Before I try again, I have a question. Do I have to be a hulu plus member or can I still stream shows for free like I can on the website? Thanks

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Before I try again, I have a question. Do I have to be a hulu plus member or can I still stream shows for free like I can on the website? Thanks

You can stream some stuff for free. The point is definitely to become a member so that you can stream EVERYTHING! :D I don't have a paid account myself but wanted to provide this to everyone as there was a demand for the "competition" to Netflix. ;)

mngl1500

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I uploaded the files unzip to dropbox and then used a file manager to move them to the tb backup folder but I had to do a reboot before they properly showed up in tb to restore them but it works :)

feister1

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Worked on my second reinstall brilliantly. hulu plus account logged right in, streams work very well over 3g.

stock rooted froyo 2.2.2. thank you very much

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I originally posted this in the Optimus S forums and a few users have tried it and verified that it works, so here you go Optimus V!

It is very simple to get Hulu+ streaming to your Optimus if you follow these directions.
Read everything before reporting any issues. Realize that some ROMs contain an ad blocking host file within the ROM. See below for more.
Follow directions exactly!

If it doesn't work, you need to try it again. Some have reported that sometimes it takes more than one try. Just delete everything and start over if you get "unsupported device" error when opening the program.

Requirements: Titanium Backup (app from market - free), phone rooted.
This is tested and confirmed on CM7 port. There is no reason it shouldn't work on froyo based ROMs.

Process:
1. Download attached file.
2. Unzip files. Only unzip the file that I have attached. Don't unzip the files within the zip (ie the tar.gz files - leave those alone)
3. Place the three files in the /sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder on your sdcard (if you don't have this folder already, backup something using TB and it will appear).
4. Open Titanium Backup and restore Hulu+ app AND data. <---- This is important to do app+data!!
5. Enjoy Hulu on your phone.

Issues:
-The main screen has a glitch that looks weird when the app is loaded. Doesn't cause any performance issues and doesn't effect the app itself. Just a visual thing.
-If you are running an Ad blocking app, Hulu will not work. Hulu uses ads and if you have an ad blocker (whether it be an app or the files are programmed into the ROM you use) Hulu WILL NOT WORK!
Solution: If you have the Adfree app, you can open it and click revert hosts. Once you have done that, reboot and you can use Hulu and stream to your phone. ;)

If anyone has questions, please post. If I missed something, please point it out. Enjoy!

Download link here:http://db.tt/7Ptzq4z

vem3xi.png
153te37.png

j8nwpk.png
w98ro5.png
The download link in the OP isn't working anymore.

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded it. I had to right click and select "save as" and it downloaded the files just fine. Left clicking on the link did not work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463