what is the best auto task killer for cm7

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You only need two button presses to kill all apps with Atk. You should only kill apps that dont restart and ignore those that do. I only kill apps manually when im about to leave my phone on standby. That shouldnt do any harm. If you want apps not to start up again use Autorun Manager and disable the apps recievers. Both apps are a great combination and will give you better battery life and more ram.

Ive been preaching this same story over and over and over.

People stop buying into the atk kool-aide. Seriously, atk was designed when android first hit the market because there was no option to kill running tasks or the likes in the early versions of android OS. In 2.2 the manage apps function was added and the way it works is much safer for your device. Plus as many people have said its less likely to create more issues by closing something that will have to restart.

As Jerry said there are some intelligent people here stop and listen. Spit out the atk kool-aide and be happy.

kalena

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks all to your replies ive read most of them and kinda understand what u are saying. when i let my phone sit for some time after killing all apps i will tern it on and have settings, maps, google sercives all open and i did nothing to open them keep in mind i uninstall all apps i dont need my phone is the basic aosp almost always taking back to flash i just need a way to kill apps i never use unless i need them.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
thanks all to your replies ive read most of them and kinda understand what u are saying. when i let my phone sit for some time after killing all apps i will tern it on and have settings, maps, google sercives all open and i did nothing to open them keep in mind i uninstall all apps i dont need my phone is the basic aosp almost always taking back to flash i just need a way to kill apps i never use unless i need them.

Is it really that hard to get it into your head? IT DOES NOT MATTER. Android takes care of itself leave it alone. Google services sometimes check back to Google for info, bug reports, usage patterns etc. You do not need your ram to be unused. As I have said many times before the are not running they are CACHED when not in use so that the next time you click on that app it doesn't have to completely reload itself.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Reactions: mustafu

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Is it really that hard to get it into your head? IT DOES NOT MATTER. Android takes care of itself leave it alone. Google services sometimes check back to Google for info, bug reports, usage patterns etc. You do not need your ram to be unused. As I have said many times before the are not running they are CACHED when not in use so that the next time you click on that app it doesn't have to completely reload itself.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

i had to explain this to my friend who just got the samsung admire with metropcs and put ATK on a very aggressive setting.

its completely true. atk is NOT needed.

the only time ive ever used it, was while keepin autokill disabled, and using it as a quicker way to kill apps individually by pulling down the notificiation shade rather than going thru the menu system. but ive even stopped this practice and just let android do its thing

AllThatCaz

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all, for the intelligent info on task killing. I searched for this thread because I specifically wanted a way to stop the Music Player when I knew I wasn't going to use it for a while. The only reason I've felt I had to do this was because 1) it's clear the Music Player app I had on my Epic 4G didn't have a quit option and 2) prior to installing the awesome CM7 (and maybe this was on stock Froyo and not GB) I recall times after I've stopped playing music for a long while that I'd see a message which said "stopping music player due to low battery." So maybe Android in whatever version would have closed this app if it needed more memory for something new, but if I didn't launch enough new programs after that to justify it closing down sooner, I was under the impression that stopping it some way was beneficial for battery life. So I am content doing this without a 3rd party app and going to Manage Apps | Running, finding Music Player and selecting Stop. Since the Music Player isn't a system function I assumed this was safe. Is anyone inclined to educate me on this topic wrt to CM7 and/or GB and whether I need to stop the Music Player or not?

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes sir. High five on this ....I use it myself and when an app goes above a limit or acts up, it notifies me and I kill that "specific" app.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

What kind of backwater apps do you download that act like that in the first place? The best task killer on any ROM is no task killer. Just let Android do its job.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38