[FIX]Black screen with custom recovery and custom roms

Corey Akers

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having this problem with my optimus V. I cant seem to boot normally or into recovery. I might have missed something in this thread, but I did not find a solution. I see the LG logo for a sec when trying to boot normally and then it goes to black. When I try to boot in recovery, I see the LG logo for a sec, then a very quick flash of words at the bottom, and then blank. Any suggestions? Thanks.

88DST88

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I rooted my lg optimus v successfully. Then i tried to install the recovery menu, but after the terminal rebooted it got stuck on the black screen for a little while then rebooted. So then I tried to install a custom ROM from ROM manager, now its completely stuck on the black screen. Any solutions?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If you used rom manager and you can't boot into recovery or into the rom, your toast. A cold brick. Never use rom manager on optimus V's. :(

Velcer

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I am having this issue My Optimus V boots only to the Virgin Mobile splash screen and then sticks there. If I boot into recovery all I have is a backlit black screen. The cause from this is still unknow to me as of right now. I had gained root to my phone and installed ROM Manager, created three backups and went to flash a new ROM. The rom did not work and ROM manager told me to send the error I did not though. I rebooted my phone and it was almost completely stock now. I rebooted into recovery and tried to install a backup and now I am here and I am not sure what exactly I need to get my clockwork working again so that I can install the back up and start from square one. Any help or ideas I would appreciate it. I should note I do have SDK and can get adb shell to root but I cannot seem to get anything to flash from here.:(

Velcer

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
stock rom; you'd have to have usb debugging enabled to use adb while booted into the rom. if it was working and just shut down, and won't reboot into the rom... it wants /data and /cache wiped probably. but the only way to do that is with recovery or adb.
did you ever have a working recovery on the phone (the only way to tell is to have booted into it at least once)? or was it just installed and assumed that it would work?
how was the recovery installed?
and adb says device offline, while booted into the black screen which should be recovery? or when it boots past the android logo and goes black? or both?
If the recovery didn't install right, it shouldn't recognize the phone at all while booted into the broken recovery. If it did install right, clockwork should automatically allow adb access, even if it's an older version with the wrong kernel drivers for the screen.
to see if clockwork is indeed installed and working (even though you can't see it), press the back button a few times, after it's been booted into recovery for at least one minute, then press the camera key, then the menu key, then the home key. One of those last 3 is the select button, depending on which version of clockwork is installed.
If the phone reboots after those button presses, the recovery is installed, and you just can't see it. In that case it's possible to make it wipe /data and /cache by blindly pressing the right keys in order. Should that be the case, I can probably list what order to push buttons in.

This is what I was trying to do so that I could restore a backup but I do not think I ever got the right menus or order blindly working with the black screen. Is there a place that has pictures of each menu that I could look at to make navigation easier?

markzombiei82

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
oh crud just got this phone and reading this thread scares the crap out of me. i want cm7 and havent flashed recovery yet with all thats gone on iwant to ask.
With a new ov what recovery and what version of cm7 do i need. i downloaded all the stuff i thaught i needed from bobzhomes github repository yesterday.
would it be safe to use those files.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
oh crud just got this phone and reading this thread scares the crap out of me. i want cm7 and havent flashed recovery yet with all thats gone on iwant to ask.
With a new ov what recovery and what version of cm7 do i need. i downloaded all the stuff i thaught i needed from bobzhomes github repository yesterday.
would it be safe to use those files.

Don't be afraid, flash the recovery image first (either using flashimagegui.apk or the terminal emulator way). The boot into recovery (power, vol dwn, and back key), and if something comes up, your safe. Just use the VM670.img recovery posted on the github and pick a rom from there. They are all saf.

juanaguirre

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
So I was trying to flash a different rom to my phone right. So I flashed a custom recovery menu thing. So I try to go into it. But it showed up as a black screen only. So I go and do it through ROM Manager and it says successful. So I try to reboot into the custom recovery and still I run with the same problem so I'm like WTF! So I do it a couple more times like three time. Then I decide to Reset the phone through Settings>>Privacy>>RESET. And then the phone reboots and then the LG Logo pops up and I think I have everything solved. But then a Black screen shows up. I think it's the custom recovery because if it press the camera button it reboots. Either I can try to do the steps while the screen is black which is almost impossible. So I read through all of this and I am still stuck and so lost. HELP me please! I will pay you!! lol

XGrimTalesX

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally flashed the ClockWorkMod Recovery from ROM Manager and now when I try loading into my Custom Recovery which is Xionia_cwma I get a black screen my phone is Rooted LG Optimus S-CM7. Dunno where I should post this so.... yea but anyone who has a fix for this please answer back .-.

docliquid

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I haven't gotten as far as having a black screen quite yet, but...I did have rom manager and I did install clockworkmod recovery. I have since uninstalled rom manager however nothing works or has ever worked in recovery since installing clockworkmod, it simply freezes and I have to take my battery out just to reboot the phone. What should I do? I'd love to be able to use recovery mode again, but I'm to scared and ignorant to flash a new one, really don't wanna turn my phone into a doorstop...for little doggy doors of course :p please help

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I haven't gotten as far as having a black screen quite yet, but...I did have rom manager and I did install clockworkmod recovery. I have since uninstalled rom manager however nothing works or has ever worked in recovery since installing clockworkmod, it simply freezes and I have to take my battery out just to reboot the phone. What should I do? I'd love to be able to use recovery mode again, but I'm to scared and ignorant to flash a new one, really don't wanna turn my phone into a doorstop...for little doggy doors of course :p please help

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

use flashimagegui to flash the attached recovery.... :)

Reactions: docliquid

mizmbs

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I dont know what I'm doing wrong . wipe out and install zip and still blank screen. Flash recovery.img or flash image ! HELPPP !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz