anyway to delete admob

anfroid

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
like I can't even play words with friends without it crashing due to damn ads...I'm runinng iho backside cm7 by jerryscript

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i can't even play words with friends without it crashing due to damn ads...I'm runinng iho backside cm7 by jerryscript

Have you tried ad free for Android. It blocks most ads I've seen in apps

none of those work

Sent from my LG-VM670 Running 2.3.5

It works for some apps I use but not all. Also seems to work less since I started using it.

Also please don't create threads in each section hoping for a faster answer...

Last edited by a moderator:

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried ad free for Android. It blocks most ads I've seen in apps

Doesn't block ads in words with friends.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

bump

Sent from my LG-VM670 Running 2.3.5

Why did you bump a thread that was created an hour before you posted?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Nothing will catch all of the ads.

Some sites run their own ads, but even Admob changes server IPS on a regular basis to avoid these systems.

Doesn't block ads in words with friends.

They are probably running and handling their own ads. Each ad server has to be added to the list, and most sites that run their own slide under the radar of ad blockers.

If you can find the server address you can firewall it off or block it from the host file.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I found a version without ads but I'm not sure if I would be breaking any forum rules by posting it.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: amyway to delete admob

use apk manager to decompile the app. Then use geany or notepad++ to search through the .smali files for http and find all the web addresses it uses and block them in your hosts files or change them all to Google

Reactions: bigsupersquid
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

this site here looks like a good, currently updated (at least right now) source for a hosts file to block a TON of adservers.
Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File
about halfway down the page, has a link labelled "To view the HOSTS file in plain text form."
download it in a real browser, and adb push it to /system/etc/ on your phone after adb remount...
or transfer it to your card and overwrite your /system/etc/hosts with it using root explorer, or terminal emulator, or some such.
it redirects the ad site requests to 127.0.0.1 (the local machine)
you can also use asadullah's suggestion above to add any missing sites to that if you want.

here, for the lazy, I'm providing a flashable zip to use in your recovery with the 7-23-2011 updated version of their hosts file. It may not completely cover your admob problem (haven't fully tested that yet but it definitely blocks some so far) but it's great in the browser. speeds up sites like xda quite a bit, even if it's still missing a few of the ad sites popped through the forums.
NOTE: even though the zip is supposed to be signed with a testkey, recovery won't flash it unless you turn off signature verification.

Reactions: Kreatur3 and Eollie
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

if you mean my file, it is posted on xda too, under the p500, v general section.
funny it malfunctions, it is a forum attachment rather than a filesharing link.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
if you mean my file, it is posted on xda too, under the p500, v general section.
funny it malfunctions, it is a forum attachment rather than a filesharing link.

Yeah I thought it was odd ended up getting on my computer. Thanks for sharing that file.

Sent from my LG-VM670

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys know the hosts file has been updated. I noticed a couple days ago adblock was prompting for a update so I checked today and the most current is from the fifth.

Reactions: bigsupersquid

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey