05-11-2012 06:48 AM
88 1234
tools
    Probably should post elsewhere but since a few of you have tried it and there are so many launchers going on here. With the ADW muiu launcher is there a setting somewhere I am missing for screen rotation? It works with all of my apps that rotate but the homescreen won't rotate for some reason.

Love the work put into this rom btw.

Also for the people asking for transparency built in. The reason it is a good idea to have the apply and undo flash zips is due to the fact that not all themes support it. Some themes, when applied during transparency, either work properly, make the whole status bar dissapear, or don't work at all.
    09-02-2011 10:21 AM
    the transparent status bar doesnt work for me using samsung launcher..
    How is this the first post?
    09-02-2011 11:16 AM
    I was wondering the same thing when I first looked at this thread lol.
    09-02-2011 11:21 AM
    i LOL'ed hard when i read that too.
    09-02-2011 11:29 AM
    cr42ydude is very forward looking. Duh.
    09-02-2011 04:44 PM
    Preemptive posting. Lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    09-03-2011 12:58 AM
    Ok I really tried using this rom again today and its just frustrating me with the bloat that i cant remove.

ok, every time I download the MIUI Zdunex25 theme .apk from another source to use on my regular IHO rom, i dont get the really cool transition animations between menu screens like i do in this rom.

did the OP, oh wait. no, the guy after the OP. hahahaha, did he bake that into the rom or should it actually be part of the theme?
    09-03-2011 03:45 AM
    You can remove anything with adb or terminal...

09-03-2011 10:35 AM
    Ok I really tried using this rom again today and its just frustrating me with the bloat that i cant remove.

ok, every time I download the MIUI Zdunex25 theme .apk from another source to use on my regular IHO rom, i dont get the really cool transition animations between menu screens like i do in this rom.

did the OP, oh wait. no, the guy after the OP. hahahaha, did he bake that into the rom or should it actually be part of the theme?
    The one he has in the rom is the exact same size as the creators. I assume it must be something else but I didn't notice animation changes I'll have to restore my backup to see what you're talking about.

09-03-2011 11:07 AM
    The one he has in the rom is the exact same size as the creators. I assume it must be something else but I didn't notice animation changes I'll have to restore my backup to see what you're talking about.

in MIUIHO if i switch from the stock theme to the included miui theme, the animations between menu screens change from a boring slide in to a slide/fade/roll in, its really cool but doesnt work when I download that same theme and apply it to my normal IHO rom.
    09-03-2011 02:18 PM
    in MIUIHO if i switch from the stock theme to the included miui theme, the animations between menu screens change from a boring slide in to a slide/fade/roll in, its really cool but doesnt work when I download that same theme and apply it to my normal IHO rom.
    Ok I see what you mean. Did you grab the transparent version or the black one from the thread they are on? Maybe they are set up different. Unless you just took it from his ROM of course. Aren't transitions a launcher deal not a theme?

09-03-2011 02:58 PM
    man this makes me wish i still had my optimus v

all the V developers are awesome!
    i miss all the fun i had trying new stuff out.
    gravity smart sucks right now.

keep up the awesome work!
    09-03-2011 05:11 PM
    I used Titanium Backup to remove all the bloat.. Some things stay until you reboot. MIUI launcher came back after reboot but uninstall it once more and do a cleanup.
    notown likes this.
    09-03-2011 05:44 PM
    Ok I see what you mean. Did you grab the transparent version or the black one from the thread they are on? Maybe they are set up different. Unless you just took it from his ROM of course. Aren't transitions a launcher deal not a theme?

both. none change the animations on my BACKside rom. only this threads MIUIHO rom.

transition between homescreens is the launcher.

transition animations from one menu to a sub menu is something else. i havent seen a launcher change that. must be in the android framework which means a theme apk can change it.

i know there is a Optimus 2X CM7 theme floating around XDA that installs like any other theme and can change the animations from the fade in, to a fold out animation, device wide, which means not the homescreens, its everywhere else. hard to explain unless you see it.
    09-03-2011 06:32 PM
    Try UOT Kitchen, they offer several transition animations, and have videos showing what they do.
    09-03-2011 08:26 PM
    LOL WTF it wasnt liek that when i replied... i wasnt even first HAHA but w,e its funny
    09-04-2011 01:17 AM
    Try UOT Kitchen, they offer several transition animations, and have videos showing what they do.
    Good advice. With so many themes for cm7 I often forget about uot. Not as much of a need for me as when I was on froyo.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    09-04-2011 11:58 AM
    Just want you to know that I absolutely LOVE this ROM!!! I just got rid of the stuff I didn't want. No biggie. And I replaced the launchers with ADW Launcher. Works even better than QQlauncher, but that is just my opinion. I know there are people here that aren't crazy about ADW, but it suits my needs very well.

Personally, I love all the customization options you gave. I'm a real nut for that sort of thing.

So when are we getting an update?
    09-04-2011 05:02 PM
    I ended up, needing the mic fix, using backsides newest build and pulling stuff from this rom I wanted to keep. It's essentially the same thing as I believe he just took backside and added the miui apps. If you did more than just add apps and slap a different name on it sorry for not mentioning them.
    09-04-2011 05:35 PM
    I ended up, needing the mic fix, using backsides newest build and pulling stuff from this rom I wanted to keep. It's essentially the same thing as I believe he just took backside and added the miui apps. If you did more than just add apps and slap a different name on it sorry for not mentioning them.
    I'd love to have the mic fix. I wish I knew how to do that! My only choice is to wait for an update until I can learn to do what you did.
    09-04-2011 05:38 PM
    I'd love to have the mic fix. I wish I knew how to do that! My only choice is to wait for an update until I can learn to do what you did.
    It's pretty easy, same way I clean up a ROM before I flash it. By that I mean removing the junk I don't ever use. Download 7zip, install obviously, and right click on the rom zip. Choose open archive. go into the app folder and drag the items you want from this rom to your desktop. open archive on the backside rom and then browse down to the app folder there. Drag the MIUI files you wanted to keep into that folder. You can also take anything out you don't want.

Barebones - CyanogenMod Wiki

this page tells you what is and what isn't safe to remove. Also tells you what the files in the app folder do in case you aren't sure if you should or shouldn't remove it.
    09-04-2011 07:27 PM
    It's pretty easy, same way I clean up a ROM before I flash it. By that I mean removing the junk I don't ever use. Download 7zip, install obviously, and right click on the rom zip. Choose open archive. go into the app folder and drag the items you want from this rom to your desktop. open archive on the backside rom and then browse down to the app folder there. Drag the MIUI files you wanted to keep into that folder. You can also take anything out you don't want.

Barebones - CyanogenMod Wiki

this page tells you what is and what isn't safe to remove. Also tells you what the files in the app folder do in case you aren't sure if you should or shouldn't remove it.
    What did you take out of MIUIHO?
    09-04-2011 07:37 PM
    What did you take out of MIUIHO?
    Well I flashed the full rom he did and then found what I did like from it. Took those out of the zip file and put them in BACKside. I would suggest doing the same thing then you know you will have exactly what you liked out of this rom.
    09-04-2011 09:55 PM
    I did it. Put in what I liked and flashed the rom. Things were sluggish once I got things going, and the phone was acting strange, so I ended up doing a fresh install of the original MIUIHO rom. I probably did something wrong somewhere. :sighs:
    09-04-2011 10:36 PM
    I'll test this out when I have time on Tuesday.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    09-05-2011 01:05 AM
88 1234