05-11-2012 07:48 AM
88 1234
tools
    Well I flashed the full rom he did and then found what I did like from it. Took those out of the zip file and put them in BACKside. I would suggest doing the same thing then you know you will have exactly what you liked out of this rom.
    Okay, so I tried it again this morning. This time it flashed and worked flawlessly! I forgot to take out all those other launchers when I tried this for the first time last night. I had four launchers; that was why everything was so sluggish! Now I have just ADW and it works like a dream. Thanks for all your help!
    09-05-2011 11:06 AM
    Okay, so I tried it again this morning. This time it flashed and worked flawlessly! I forgot to take out all those other launchers when I tried this for the first time last night. I had four launchers; that was why everything was so sluggish! Now I have just ADW and it works like a dream. Thanks for all your help!
    Nice glad to hear you got it all up and working. I am going to redo another integration between this and backside. This time I am going to use adw as well, it has a decent miui theme and it will use less battery due to not needing a live wallpaper to make transparency work.
    09-05-2011 11:40 PM
    wow this looks sweet. i will try this later. well done
    09-06-2011 08:05 AM
    Does anyone else have problems with MMS not working? Several peoples pics didnt come through, so I switched to a froyo rom and it worked again. Thought it may be because the stock messenger isnt included, but idk.
    Also, others reported in other threads that groove ip doesn't work for them, for the 5 mins I used it, it worked perfectly. Lucky or is it stable?
    09-06-2011 09:15 AM
    Does anyone else have problems with MMS not working? Several peoples pics didnt come through, so I switched to a froyo rom and it worked again. Thought it may be because the stock messenger isnt included, but idk.
    Also, others reported in other threads that groove ip doesn't work for them, for the 5 mins I used it, it worked perfectly. Lucky or is it stable?
    If you need the stock mms.apk you can always grab it from another iho ROM. Personally I have no issue using go SMS pro on my phone.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    09-06-2011 01:39 PM
    Yeah I ended up using backside and takin apps out from this. I have trouble gettin mms from other states, may just be my signal. Oh well.

09-06-2011 05:16 PM
    anyway to install the themes that come as mtz files ?
    09-07-2011 12:52 AM
    Nice glad to hear you got it all up and working. I am going to redo another integration between this and backside. This time I am going to use adw as well, it has a decent miui theme and it will use less battery due to not needing a live wallpaper to make transparency work.
    How do you make transperency work in ADW? I tried to make a transperent status bar in UOT Kitchen and it only worked on the lockscreen.
    09-07-2011 08:40 AM
    How do you make transperency work in ADW? I tried to make a transperent status bar in UOT Kitchen and it only worked on the lockscreen.
    Follow the same directions in OP. I'm usin adw so I know it works.

09-07-2011 09:01 AM
    also confirmed working on GO Launcher EX as long as you use Live Wallpaper/Multi Picture
    09-07-2011 10:09 AM
    You can remove anything with adb or terminal...

Root uninstaller
    09-07-2011 11:50 AM
    i've installed the blue/white keyboard, but can't get it to show up in my input selection.
    09-07-2011 12:39 PM
    also confirmed working on GO Launcher EX as long as you use Live Wallpaper/Multi Picture
    I know how to use live wallpaper. I was asking if there was a way to achieve transperency without using it.
    09-07-2011 12:54 PM
    i've installed the blue/white keyboard, but can't get it to show up in my input selection.
    Have to enable it in keyboard settings.

@panda. Don't think so, its the only way the OP mentioned. Unless you use another Rom.
    09-07-2011 12:57 PM
    I know how to use live wallpaper. I was asking if there was a way to achieve transperency without using it.
    ah. not that i know of at this time. the only thing i could think of trying is enabling transparent status bar in kitchen and uploading the rom files, but i'm not sure if it would conflict with this theme.
    09-07-2011 01:52 PM
    ah. not that i know of at this time. the only thing i could think of trying is enabling transparent status bar in kitchen and uploading the rom files, but i'm not sure if it would conflict with this theme.
    I tried the kitchen already and all it did was make the status bar on the lockscreen transparent.
    09-07-2011 02:10 PM
    Have to enable it in keyboard settings.

@panda. Don't think so, its the only way the OP mentioned. Unless you use another Rom.
    Got it, thanks.
    09-07-2011 02:41 PM
    If you use adw launcher, which has a decent miui theme, and disable the wallpaper hack you can use transparency without using a live wallpaper. I have always used go launcher but switched while using this rom so I don't have to use a live wallpaper.
    09-07-2011 03:26 PM
    oh cool. i'll give that a try. that might make me hate ADW a little less, lol!
    09-07-2011 05:17 PM
    where is sdcard.zip?
    09-07-2011 06:49 PM
    If you use adw launcher, which has a decent miui theme, and disable the wallpaper hack you can use transparency without using a live wallpaper. I have always used go launcher but switched while using this rom so I don't have to use a live wallpaper.
    Thank you! I now have the MIUI theme without all the extras! All I used was a theme from the kitchen, another theme for ADW from the market, and the mClock widget. Thinking about using the MIUI gallery, but I dunno. On the fence, there. But at least I have the same MIUI theme without the battery drain from using live wallpaper and without all the bloat!

09-07-2011 09:12 PM
    Thank you! I now have the MIUI theme without all the extras! All I used was a theme from the kitchen, another theme for ADW from the market, and the mClock widget. Thinking about using the MIUI gallery, but I dunno. On the fence, there. But at least I have the same MIUI theme without the battery drain from using live wallpaper and without all the bloat!

I love the miui gallery compared to the normal one. Well always use it now.

09-07-2011 11:13 PM
    I love the miui gallery compared to the normal one. Well always use it now.

Yeah. Except now I have no way of getting rid of the original gallery! I tried thru Titanium Backup and got a screen with an exlamation point after reboot. Phone's fine now. But I can't seem to get rid of that damn gallery!
    09-07-2011 11:45 PM
    Yeah. Except now I have no way of getting rid of the original gallery! I tried thru Titanium Backup and got a screen with an exlamation point after reboot. Phone's fine now. But I can't seem to get rid of that damn gallery!
    That sucks. I remove it before flashing so not sure how to do it after the process.

09-08-2011 10:59 AM
    That's fine. I will figure it out eventually. Meanwhile, while I was playing in the kitchen, I noticed an icon set for the statusbar that was made for MIUI themes. I'm using it now. The heart you see in the pic is not part of the theme. It's a battery life icon I picked in another part of the kitchen.

Maybe the OP can use the icons in his next update! And he could also use transparency thru the kitchen as well, thus eliminating the need to use live wallpaper.

EDIT: I found out how to uninstall the original gallery. The instructions can be found here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Barebones. Just scroll down a bit and you'll see 'em.
    09-08-2011 09:28 PM
88 1234