[ROM/THEME] MIUIHO-ROM Idea [Updated 8/31]

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Just want you to know that I absolutely LOVE this ROM!!! I just got rid of the stuff I didn't want. No biggie. And I replaced the launchers with ADW Launcher. Works even better than QQlauncher, but that is just my opinion. I know there are people here that aren't crazy about ADW, but it suits my needs very well.

Personally, I love all the customization options you gave. I'm a real nut for that sort of thing.

So when are we getting an update? ;)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I ended up, needing the mic fix, using backsides newest build and pulling stuff from this rom I wanted to keep. It's essentially the same thing as I believe he just took backside and added the miui apps. If you did more than just add apps and slap a different name on it sorry for not mentioning them. :)

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I ended up, needing the mic fix, using backsides newest build and pulling stuff from this rom I wanted to keep. It's essentially the same thing as I believe he just took backside and added the miui apps. If you did more than just add apps and slap a different name on it sorry for not mentioning them. :)

I'd love to have the mic fix. I wish I knew how to do that! My only choice is to wait for an update until I can learn to do what you did.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to have the mic fix. I wish I knew how to do that! My only choice is to wait for an update until I can learn to do what you did.

It's pretty easy, same way I clean up a ROM before I flash it. By that I mean removing the junk I don't ever use. Download 7zip, install obviously, and right click on the rom zip. Choose open archive. go into the app folder and drag the items you want from this rom to your desktop. open archive on the backside rom and then browse down to the app folder there. Drag the MIUI files you wanted to keep into that folder. You can also take anything out you don't want.

Barebones - CyanogenMod Wiki

this page tells you what is and what isn't safe to remove. Also tells you what the files in the app folder do in case you aren't sure if you should or shouldn't remove it.

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty easy, same way I clean up a ROM before I flash it. By that I mean removing the junk I don't ever use. Download 7zip, install obviously, and right click on the rom zip. Choose open archive. go into the app folder and drag the items you want from this rom to your desktop. open archive on the backside rom and then browse down to the app folder there. Drag the MIUI files you wanted to keep into that folder. You can also take anything out you don't want.

Barebones - CyanogenMod Wiki

this page tells you what is and what isn't safe to remove. Also tells you what the files in the app folder do in case you aren't sure if you should or shouldn't remove it.

What did you take out of MIUIHO?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
What did you take out of MIUIHO?

Well I flashed the full rom he did and then found what I did like from it. Took those out of the zip file and put them in BACKside. I would suggest doing the same thing then you know you will have exactly what you liked out of this rom.

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I did it. Put in what I liked and flashed the rom. Things were sluggish once I got things going, and the phone was acting strange, so I ended up doing a fresh install of the original MIUIHO rom. I probably did something wrong somewhere. :sighs:

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I flashed the full rom he did and then found what I did like from it. Took those out of the zip file and put them in BACKside. I would suggest doing the same thing then you know you will have exactly what you liked out of this rom.

Okay, so I tried it again this morning. This time it flashed and worked flawlessly! I forgot to take out all those other launchers when I tried this for the first time last night. I had four launchers; that was why everything was so sluggish! Now I have just ADW and it works like a dream. Thanks for all your help! :)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I tried it again this morning. This time it flashed and worked flawlessly! I forgot to take out all those other launchers when I tried this for the first time last night. I had four launchers; that was why everything was so sluggish! Now I have just ADW and it works like a dream. Thanks for all your help! :)

Nice glad to hear you got it all up and working. I am going to redo another integration between this and backside. This time I am going to use adw as well, it has a decent miui theme and it will use less battery due to not needing a live wallpaper to make transparency work.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with MMS not working? Several peoples pics didnt come through, so I switched to a froyo rom and it worked again. Thought it may be because the stock messenger isnt included, but idk.
Also, others reported in other threads that groove ip doesn't work for them, for the 5 mins I used it, it worked perfectly. Lucky or is it stable?

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with MMS not working? Several peoples pics didnt come through, so I switched to a froyo rom and it worked again. Thought it may be because the stock messenger isnt included, but idk.
Also, others reported in other threads that groove ip doesn't work for them, for the 5 mins I used it, it worked perfectly. Lucky or is it stable?

If you need the stock mms.apk you can always grab it from another iho ROM. Personally I have no issue using go SMS pro on my phone.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I ended up using backside and takin apps out from this. I have trouble gettin mms from other states, may just be my signal. Oh well.

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Nice glad to hear you got it all up and working. I am going to redo another integration between this and backside. This time I am going to use adw as well, it has a decent miui theme and it will use less battery due to not needing a live wallpaper to make transparency work.

How do you make transperency work in ADW? I tried to make a transperent status bar in UOT Kitchen and it only worked on the lockscreen.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
How do you make transperency work in ADW? I tried to make a transperent status bar in UOT Kitchen and it only worked on the lockscreen.

Follow the same directions in OP. I'm usin adw so I know it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae