[ROM/THEME] MIUIHO-ROM Idea [Updated 8/31]

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
i've installed the blue/white keyboard, but can't get it to show up in my input selection.

Have to enable it in keyboard settings.

@panda. Don't think so, its the only way the OP mentioned. Unless you use another Rom.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I know how to use live wallpaper. I was asking if there was a way to achieve transperency without using it.

ah. not that i know of at this time. the only thing i could think of trying is enabling transparent status bar in kitchen and uploading the rom files, but i'm not sure if it would conflict with this theme.

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
ah. not that i know of at this time. the only thing i could think of trying is enabling transparent status bar in kitchen and uploading the rom files, but i'm not sure if it would conflict with this theme.

I tried the kitchen already and all it did was make the status bar on the lockscreen transparent.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If you use adw launcher, which has a decent miui theme, and disable the wallpaper hack you can use transparency without using a live wallpaper. I have always used go launcher but switched while using this rom so I don't have to use a live wallpaper.

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
If you use adw launcher, which has a decent miui theme, and disable the wallpaper hack you can use transparency without using a live wallpaper. I have always used go launcher but switched while using this rom so I don't have to use a live wallpaper.

Thank you! I now have the MIUI theme without all the extras! All I used was a theme from the kitchen, another theme for ADW from the market, and the mClock widget. Thinking about using the MIUI gallery, but I dunno. On the fence, there. But at least I have the same MIUI theme without the battery drain from using live wallpaper and without all the bloat!

2yycrqh.jpg

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I now have the MIUI theme without all the extras! All I used was a theme from the kitchen, another theme for ADW from the market, and the mClock widget. Thinking about using the MIUI gallery, but I dunno. On the fence, there. But at least I have the same MIUI theme without the battery drain from using live wallpaper and without all the bloat!

2yycrqh.jpg

I love the miui gallery compared to the normal one. Well always use it now.

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I love the miui gallery compared to the normal one. Well always use it now.

Yeah. Except now I have no way of getting rid of the original gallery! I tried thru Titanium Backup and got a screen with an exlamation point after reboot. Phone's fine now. But I can't seem to get rid of that damn gallery!

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Except now I have no way of getting rid of the original gallery! I tried thru Titanium Backup and got a screen with an exlamation point after reboot. Phone's fine now. But I can't seem to get rid of that damn gallery!

That sucks. I remove it before flashing so not sure how to do it after the process.

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
That's fine. I will figure it out eventually. Meanwhile, while I was playing in the kitchen, I noticed an icon set for the statusbar that was made for MIUI themes. I'm using it now. The heart you see in the pic is not part of the theme. It's a battery life icon I picked in another part of the kitchen.

Maybe the OP can use the icons in his next update! And he could also use transparency thru the kitchen as well, thus eliminating the need to use live wallpaper.

2dkhfrk.jpg

EDIT: I found out how to uninstall the original gallery. The instructions can be found here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Barebones. Just scroll down a bit and you'll see 'em.

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
hey, my keyboard keeps reverting back to android keyboard. any idea?

Weird. I have, and still do use, swype. I have also tried swiftkey and the new touchpal keyboard. None of them have caused an issue with it reverting back to the android keyboard. Does it do it after you reboot your phone or seem to do it randomly? Stupid question but also certain apps or all of them? Just wondering if I could try to recreate it. Having more info helps. :)

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I have, and still do use, swype. I have also tried swiftkey and the new touchpal keyboard. None of them have caused an issue with it reverting back to the android keyboard. Does it do it after you reboot your phone or seem to do it randomly? Stupid question but also certain apps or all of them? Just wondering if I could try to recreate it. Having more info helps. :)

reboot.