[ROM/THEME] MIUIHO-ROM Idea [Updated 8/31]

elalan5

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
MIUIHO - Inferior Human Organs Gingerbread with a taste of MIUI

So after a while of looking for a way to port MIUI to the Optimus V, and failing miserably, I decided to create my own MIUI port-ish ROM.

The concept of this ROM is combining the stability and features of IHO mixed with the stylish look of MIUI.

This is just a little taste of what it will look like:

19w9vp.png
2mctvd5.png
121c3rk.png
mjuv5f.png
2nk78g8.png
2rolyya.png

=================================================

Included:

MIUI Gallery
MIUI Music
Custom Bootanimation.zip
MIUI Compass
MIUI Launcher (based on qqlauncher)
QQlauncher
Touchwiz3.0 Launcher
Transparent StatusBar
File Expert (File Manager)
CMWallpapers
mClock
MIUI Widgets
Miren Browser
HTC_IME (MIUI Themed)
Transparency Patch
WidgetLocker Themes
Custom MIUI Wallpapers
Custom MIUI lockscreen backgrounds
GOSMS and Go Contacts
MIUI Ringtones and Alarms

Things I still need to work on:

DONE WITH EVERYTHING!

Adding more MIUI apps ported to MDPI as I find them.
==================================================

Downloads!

Download the ROM Here => MIUIHO.zip

(Mandatory!) Download Extra Files for MIUI-look and feel here => sdcardfiles.zip

Latest gapps=> gapps.zip

Stock Apps in case you want them back=> Stock_Apps.zip

Installation!

1. Flash the MIUIHO.zip in recovery mode (remeber this is IHO/Backside. please use the IHO Recovery just in case)

2. Flash gapps

3. Reboot

4. Go through usual Startup Setup

5. Choose your launcher

6. DON'T FREAK OUT! Everything looks stock, I know.

7. Go to your app launcher and launch Theme Chooser

8. (Obviously) Choose MIUI theme.

9. Download, if you haven't already, sdcard.zip and extract to the root of your SD card.

10. Reboot into recovery again.

11. Flash the zip called "statusbar_patch" in the TRANS folder.

12. Reboot system

13. TA-DA! Transparent statusbar with MIUI icons and launcher! MIUIHO is ready!

14. Go to GOSMS Pro and set it up, if not you will not get your texts (thanks pbailey212 for reminding me)

OPTIONAL STEPS!

15. Install HTC_IME keyboard of your choice from the "HTC_IME Keyboards" folder found in the sdcard. (Images of keyboards below)

Green with Black:
htckeyboard_darkgreen.png

White with Blue:
htckeyboard_lightblue.png

16. If you have WidgetLocker, you can install a custom MIUI slider like the one in the screenshots. These sliders are found in the folder "WidgetLocker Themes" in your SDcard. There are different colors for more customization

QQLauncher Transparency & Themes (Thanks dr.notor)
"Hold your finger on the home screen for a while. Select Wallpapers from menu. From the next menu, select Live wallpapers. From the next menu, select MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. On next screen, tap on Settings, go to Common Settings - Picture Source. From the popup menu, choose either Single Picture or Picture Folder. On the prompt, do not forget to check "Use by default for this actions" and tap on MIUI Gallery. Go to wallpapers folder, choose a wallpaper, duh! Press back several times until you get back to the Set wallpaper screen. Tap on Set wallpaper. You are back to your homescreen."

Themes for QQ Launcher can be found here=> THEMES!

Extra*

As you can see, I've added 3 different launchers, this is due to the fact that some people may prefer the MIUI Launcher(qqlauncher) look instead of the Touchwiz Launcher, or vice-versa.I decided to include the 3 for more customization. When you first install the ROM, you will have the option to choose which one you want after you setup your Google account.

Also, if you want to restore the stock apps, just download the Stock_Apps.zip and restore them using File Expert. If you need more info on how to do this, just post a comment and I'll write detailed instructions!

Credits!​

This ROM is based on Jerryscript's 8/25/11 build of IHO

Thanks to blarfiejandro for IHO ROM, SWEATAIMI for his guide on creating Custom ROMS, dax4182 for the idea on this ROM/THEME and the people at the MIUI Forums

If you like my work, or I am helpful in anyway, and want to help me out pay for my school, click the Donate button! :D THANKS!

Last edited:

elalan5

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Why is it Chineese how do u translate it??

Some things in the MIUI launcher are not completely transalted to English ,sorry! I have no idea how to translate since I'm not the coder of the launcher! :p You can try the other three launchers which are completely in english!

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
this is nice to see.

Everytime I flash a IHO rom, i pretty much do one of 3 customizations. i either go full MIUI (i already have the same apps and mods you are using here) or full Sense, with LPSenseUI (very nice launcher with the right widgets) or full on windows phone 7. I have a good WP7 launcher apk and music player and contacts app for that. looks very nice, runs well on OV, no lag.

i havent downloaded this rom yet, but try TenCent Desktop. its a VERY VERY nice MIUI launcher that actually works well. im aware of qqlauncher but i dont think Tencent is based on it at all.

[APP][UPDATE:18/8] TencentDesktop - MIUI Style Launcher (腾讯桌面 腾讯) - xda-developers

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Holy ****. This ROM is beautiful. 10/10 on Looks. Had to use Samsung home QQ reversed transparency and MIUI wasn't fully translated.

Is it fully based off of BACKside?

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Someone chime in how it works, might be what finally gets me away from reborn rom

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It runs flawlessly. I'm really impressed by the speed. Its snappy as ****.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the only problem I'm having is with the Samsung Home launcher it wont let me set go dialer as default.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Flashed trans zip. Followed the transparent directions for qqlauncher but there's no other options when i get to live wallpaper step. So I can't get the transparency to work.

Last edited:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Flashed trans zip. Followed the transparent directions for qqlauncher but there's no other options when i get to live wallpaper step. So I can't get the transparency to work.

I'm having the same issue

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Same issue. Its kind of annoying because transparency was the main reason I ROM swaped in the first place.

MrMACHOMAN86

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The ROM and themes are great. Everything works fine for me. Now the only thing this ROM needs is a GOSMS Pro MIUI theme to complete it.

EDIT: Seems transparency doesn't work (Im using QQlauncher)

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I got transparency to work with qqlauncher. You have to install multipicture live wallpaper from the market then followed the instructions. Worked perfect.

Reactions: eniigma90

eniigma90

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
i've been using Harmonia for awhile now. Its the best one since I last used Reborn. Nothing wrong with Harmonia but its time for something different. Hopefully it works flawlessly.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
did a super duper clean install and everything works great, but i get NO status bar at all now ... :':)-\

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I cleaned out a lot of stuff in this one. Mainly the launchers, using go launcher with the miui theme, and ail the clocks. I love the miui gallery though. Go launcher miui plus the theme chooser miui with transparent status bar is quite cool imo.

Also you can use, at least, the wp clock live wallpaper and still get transparent on the status bar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay