05-11-2012 06:48 AM
88 123 ...
tools
    the transparent status bar doesnt work for me using samsung launcher..
    08-31-2011 07:46 PM
    MIUIHO - Inferior Human Organs Gingerbread with a taste of MIUI

So after a while of looking for a way to port MIUI to the Optimus V, and failing miserably, I decided to create my own MIUI port-ish ROM.

The concept of this ROM is combining the stability and features of IHO mixed with the stylish look of MIUI.

This is just a little taste of what it will look like:

=================================================

Included:

MIUI Gallery
    MIUI Music
    Custom Bootanimation.zip
    MIUI Compass
    MIUI Launcher (based on qqlauncher)
    QQlauncher
    Touchwiz3.0 Launcher
    Transparent StatusBar
    File Expert (File Manager)
    CMWallpapers
    mClock
    MIUI Widgets
    Miren Browser
    HTC_IME (MIUI Themed)
    Transparency Patch
    WidgetLocker Themes
    Custom MIUI Wallpapers
    Custom MIUI lockscreen backgrounds
    GOSMS and Go Contacts
    MIUI Ringtones and Alarms

Things I still need to work on:

DONE WITH EVERYTHING!

Adding more MIUI apps ported to MDPI as I find them.
    ==================================================

Downloads!

Download the ROM Here => MIUIHO.zip

(Mandatory!) Download Extra Files for MIUI-look and feel here => sdcardfiles.zip

Latest gapps=> gapps.zip

Stock Apps in case you want them back=> Stock_Apps.zip

Installation!

1. Flash the MIUIHO.zip in recovery mode (remeber this is IHO/Backside. please use the IHO Recovery just in case)

2. Flash gapps

3. Reboot

4. Go through usual Startup Setup

5. Choose your launcher

6. DON'T FREAK OUT! Everything looks stock, I know.

7. Go to your app launcher and launch Theme Chooser

8. (Obviously) Choose MIUI theme.

9. Download, if you haven't already, sdcard.zip and extract to the root of your SD card.

10. Reboot into recovery again.

11. Flash the zip called "statusbar_patch" in the TRANS folder.

12. Reboot system

13. TA-DA! Transparent statusbar with MIUI icons and launcher! MIUIHO is ready!

14. Go to GOSMS Pro and set it up, if not you will not get your texts (thanks pbailey212 for reminding me)

OPTIONAL STEPS!

15. Install HTC_IME keyboard of your choice from the "HTC_IME Keyboards" folder found in the sdcard. (Images of keyboards below)

Green with Black:

White with Blue:

16. If you have WidgetLocker, you can install a custom MIUI slider like the one in the screenshots. These sliders are found in the folder "WidgetLocker Themes" in your SDcard. There are different colors for more customization

QQLauncher Transparency & Themes (Thanks dr.notor)
    "Hold your finger on the home screen for a while. Select Wallpapers from menu. From the next menu, select Live wallpapers. From the next menu, select MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. On next screen, tap on Settings, go to Common Settings - Picture Source. From the popup menu, choose either Single Picture or Picture Folder. On the prompt, do not forget to check "Use by default for this actions" and tap on MIUI Gallery. Go to wallpapers folder, choose a wallpaper, duh! Press back several times until you get back to the Set wallpaper screen. Tap on Set wallpaper. You are back to your homescreen."

Themes for QQ Launcher can be found here=> THEMES!

Extra*

As you can see, I've added 3 different launchers, this is due to the fact that some people may prefer the MIUI Launcher(qqlauncher) look instead of the Touchwiz Launcher, or vice-versa.I decided to include the 3 for more customization. When you first install the ROM, you will have the option to choose which one you want after you setup your Google account.

Also, if you want to restore the stock apps, just download the Stock_Apps.zip and restore them using File Expert. If you need more info on how to do this, just post a comment and I'll write detailed instructions!

Credits!

This ROM is based on Jerryscript's 8/25/11 build of IHO

Thanks to blarfiejandro for IHO ROM, SWEATAIMI for his guide on creating Custom ROMS, dax4182 for the idea on this ROM/THEME and the people at the MIUI Forums

If you like my work, or I am helpful in anyway, and want to help me out pay for my school, click the Donate button! THANKS!
    08-31-2011 08:28 PM
    Why is it Chineese how do u translate it??
    08-31-2011 09:48 PM
    104MB?!?! I'll try it out and check back in an hour.
    08-31-2011 10:21 PM
    Why is it Chineese how do u translate it??
    Some things in the MIUI launcher are not completely transalted to English ,sorry! I have no idea how to translate since I'm not the coder of the launcher! You can try the other three launchers which are completely in english!
    08-31-2011 10:34 PM
    this is nice to see.

Everytime I flash a IHO rom, i pretty much do one of 3 customizations. i either go full MIUI (i already have the same apps and mods you are using here) or full Sense, with LPSenseUI (very nice launcher with the right widgets) or full on windows phone 7. I have a good WP7 launcher apk and music player and contacts app for that. looks very nice, runs well on OV, no lag.

i havent downloaded this rom yet, but try TenCent Desktop. its a VERY VERY nice MIUI launcher that actually works well. im aware of qqlauncher but i dont think Tencent is based on it at all.

[APP][UPDATE:18/8] TencentDesktop - MIUI Style Launcher (腾讯桌面 腾讯) - xda-developers
    08-31-2011 10:58 PM
    Holy ****. This ROM is beautiful. 10/10 on Looks. Had to use Samsung home QQ reversed transparency and MIUI wasn't fully translated.

Is it fully based off of BACKside?
    08-31-2011 11:30 PM
    Someone chime in how it works, might be what finally gets me away from reborn rom

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    08-31-2011 11:52 PM
    It runs flawlessly. I'm really impressed by the speed. Its snappy as ****.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    09-01-2011 01:39 AM
    Actually, the only problem I'm having is with the Samsung Home launcher it wont let me set go dialer as default.

09-01-2011 01:50 AM
    Flashed trans zip. Followed the transparent directions for qqlauncher but there's no other options when i get to live wallpaper step. So I can't get the transparency to work.

09-01-2011 11:07 AM
    Flashed trans zip. Followed the transparent directions for qqlauncher but there's no other options when i get to live wallpaper step. So I can't get the transparency to work.

I'm having the same issue
    09-01-2011 12:44 PM

Same issue. Its kind of annoying because transparency was the main reason I ROM swaped in the first place.

09-01-2011 02:21 PM
    The ROM and themes are great. Everything works fine for me. Now the only thing this ROM needs is a GOSMS Pro MIUI theme to complete it.

EDIT: Seems transparency doesn't work (Im using QQlauncher)
    09-01-2011 02:44 PM
    I got transparency to work with qqlauncher. You have to install multipicture live wallpaper from the market then followed the instructions. Worked perfect.

eniigma90 likes this.
    09-01-2011 02:46 PM
    Now that makes sense. Thanks.

09-01-2011 03:04 PM
    i've been using Harmonia for awhile now. Its the best one since I last used Reborn. Nothing wrong with Harmonia but its time for something different. Hopefully it works flawlessly.
    09-01-2011 03:37 PM
    I love your boot animation. Very simple and cool. Now time to test the guts lol.
    09-01-2011 05:26 PM
    did a super duper clean install and everything works great, but i get NO status bar at all now ...
    09-01-2011 08:46 PM
    I cleaned out a lot of stuff in this one. Mainly the launchers, using go launcher with the miui theme, and ail the clocks. I love the miui gallery though. Go launcher miui plus the theme chooser miui with transparent status bar is quite cool imo.

Also you can use, at least, the wp clock live wallpaper and still get transparent on the status bar.

09-01-2011 11:13 PM
    Alright. spent a good amount of time with this rom today and im going back to 8/10 BACKside. its a nice rom, i mean nice in the way that IHO as a whole is nice, including the variants.

I personally think this rom has way too much bloat, I get going for ease of access to customization, 3 launchers on startup for people who want to try it all, but once you got one, your stuck with the others in the app drawers and stuff.

Might be a good idea to consider streamlining the process of flashing this rom. There MUST be a way to have the transparency baked into the rom. even if that means baking in the correct launcher for it.

on that note. check out https://market.android.com/details?i...her.miui&hl=en its a very nice 4 icon dock launcher. based on ADW, so you can just turn off the wallpaper hack in the settings and the transparent status bar works fine. thats what Im using right now. the icons you see in the screenshots are plugins for ADW, you can swap entire theme sets of icons or turn them off and use the system icons, like the icons that MIUI theme chooser theme replaces.

if you were able to find qqlauncher off market for this rom im sure finding this one wont be a problem but lets stay off that topic. ill just say that if i could, you could

good rom, the end result is very pretty. but my two cents is that it'd be nice to see all the correct apps themed and integrated to the rom. that means one nice launcher, with the settings already adjusted. go sms already set up, updates working correctly, and the transparency patch applied on the first flash.

to be able to flash the rom and boot into a fully MIUI styled rom that doesnt need a bunch of tweaks and stuff to work right would be cool to see.

also, i like the start up animation. and the audio.
    09-02-2011 12:37 AM
    This is by far the best ROM i've tried yet! Exactly what I'm looking for! Kudos goes to you
    09-02-2011 12:47 AM
    this is a very very nice rom but I agree with watskyhotsky, it has too much bloat. Not a problem since I uninstalled what I didnt need. I also tried out the latest "MIUI.ADW iPhone Launcher" which can be found online..very nice MIUI launcher. Anyways thanks for this, I look forward to seeing how far this goes..
    09-02-2011 05:24 AM
    i like the idea...but too much work honestly. lol. use only one launcher. make everything integrated into the rom. im still with harmonia 1.5, but would love to try this out
    09-02-2011 07:14 AM
    I think the only bloat you need to remove is miui launcher, and the Samsung launcher, i wouldn't go with adw, its too sluggish, so is the Samsung launcher. The QQ launcher is nice, it doesn't have many features, but its fast and looks good. i wouldn't remove too much bloat, its not that hard for people to jus delete what they don't want them selves. Once again I'm impressed, good job
    09-02-2011 07:31 AM
88 123 ...