Blank Screen Etc....You have 5 seconds till your phone explodes.

goobert

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm having trouble and am somewhat new to android. So I want to say thanks for these nice forums and the users that will try to help me in advance.

My problem is I followed the guide on optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/108282-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html
but when my phone restarted it after the lg screen comes and goes the screen is blank dark but lit up. And every minnute or so I hear a your phone is about to explode in 5 seconds message.

I did make a backup but I'm completely clue less on how to proceed. I've tried holding down the volume and all that home screen etc. Any ideas.

PS This is on a replacement phone Virgin Mobile sent me. And I'm trying to mod it cause I want the hotspot feature that I wasn't able to turn on this time cause quick settings app no longer does the trick. I'm back on my original phone just trying to get this one rooted and everything with the rom. Worst case I'm just gonna send them back a bad phone lol.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Blank Screen Etc....You have 5 seconds till your phone explod

Hi I'm having trouble and am somewhat new to android. So I want to say thanks for these nice forums and the users that will try to help me in advance.

My problem is I followed the guide on optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/108282-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html
but when my phone restarted it after the lg screen comes and goes the screen is blank dark but lit up. And every minnute or so I hear a your phone is about to explode in 5 seconds message.

I did make a backup but I'm completely clue less on how to proceed. I've tried holding down the volume and all that home screen etc. Any ideas.

PS This is on a replacement phone Virgin Mobile sent me. And I'm trying to mod it cause I want the hotspot feature that I wasn't able to turn on this time cause quick settings app no longer does the trick. I'm back on my original phone just trying to get this one rooted and everything with the rom. Worst case I'm just gonna send them back a bad phone lol.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/113762-fix-black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html
sounds like you have a bootloop too.
start with xionia recovery to fix the bootloop (under advanced), then install xionia redux kernel and the keyswap when you can see the screen. after that you can flash one of the other recoveries I have posted there if you want.

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Haha, you're phone won't blow up, you installed (did it wrong) the latest BACKside iho... right? Thats the boot sound...

To fix the boot loop just pull the battery and find a friend... you seen to need more than two hands to do this... put the battery back in while holding vol down + home + power (I'm not sure if the power button is totally necessary) and it should boot back into recovery.

goobert

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

The home button is the house right? And volume down is on the side of the unit? Its still blank. Sometimes when I boot it and hold down the buttons the warning this phone willl.... doesnt come on and sometimes it does. But either way after the lg its blank.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

The home button is the house right? And volume down is on the side of the unit? Its still blank. Sometimes when I boot it and hold down the buttons the warning this phone willl.... doesnt come on and sometimes it does. But either way after the lg its blank.
Ignore Josh he is incorrect. Follow what squid is telling you your phone has newer drivers that the rom you installed doesnt support. There fore you need to use the recovery and instructions he gives in the post he linked.

To get into recovery initially, pull the battery and wait a minute. Then put it back in, flip phone over push the home(house) volume down then power wait until the LG logo goes away and you should boot into recovery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci