[Boot Animation] Nexus Prime

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Disclaimer:I am not responsible if you break,brick,hump,throw against wall or any other action you do to your phone. By using this bootanimation you agree anything that happens is your own noobtastic fault. Any attempts at blaming me for anything other than this being fantastic will result in you being pointed and laughed at.

If you are using BACKSIDE/IHO or have already installed the script dont I REPEAT DONT run the script again. Doing so makes multiple instances of the commands and will stop the bootsound from playing. If you run the script more than once you will have to delete somethings to get it to work. SO be warned DO NOT RUN THE SCRIPT IF YOU HAVE ALREADY OR ARE USING BACKSIDEIHO ROM

Ran across this the other day and have been waiting patiently ever since. I posted about it already now its ready for the wild.

I did not create this. I have only edited the desc.txt so it will run on our phones. All credit goes to BootAnimator on RootzWikiAgain I did not create this so please thank the creator BootAnimator on RootzWiki

FINALPRIME.png

Unzip the file then follow the instructions below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?7tmnb3u7axbu2u0

Root Explorer method:
1. Rename your bootanimation to bootanimation (if not already named this)
2. Put it on your SD card
3. Open Root Explorer and copy bootanimation.zip to /system/media. This will replace the existing boot animation
4. Reboot your phone

ADB method:
1. Make sure you have downloaded android sdk
2. Put android sdk in C:\
3. Set the directory of command prompt to C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools. Click here for a video tutorial.
4. Rename your boot animation to bootanimation and put it in C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
5. Open cmd
6. Type in order:
-adb remount
-adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip
-adb reboot
You can also preview your bootanimation before rebooting.
In adb type adb shell bootanimation.

To add the sound.
If you are running BACKSIDE or have already installed the script all you have to do is using root explorer copy the file "android_audio.mp3" from the zip you downloaded to /system/media.
Then reboot and you should have awesome bootsound.

If you have never run the script and are not using BACKSIDE then follow the instructions below.
Originally Posted by hockeyfamily737
0. It's recommended to do a nandroid backup first!

1. Download the "bootsnd.sh" file and put it on the root of your sd card.

2. Using root explorer copy the file "android_audio.mp3" from the zip you downloaded to /system/media

3. Open Terminal Emulator and type the following commands using the stock keyboard. Press enter after each line:
su
cd /sdcard
sh
sh bootsnd.sh
reboot

4. As the device boots up you will hear the transformers sound bite sound. You are now free to replace the android_audio.mp3 file in /system/media with any .mp3 file you like as long as you rename it to "android_audio.mp3"

5. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OUTSMART THESE DIRECTIONS OR YOU WILL BE RESTORING YOUR NANDROID BACKUP!

6. Enjoy

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10373328/bootsnd.sh

If for some ungodly reason you ignored the above warning and installed the script again..read below.

Here is how to fix it.
Make sure you are mounting in r/w mode on each of these steps.
Using a app like root explorer, goto /system/bin and delete the file bootsound.
Back out to /system now open build.prop in text editor mode, look for this text.

Code:
ro.config.play.bootsound=1
Delete it from the build.prop and save and exit.

This is optional but recommened.
Reboot phone.
Verify no sound is playing.

Now run the script again and reboot.
You should have a boot sound again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood