Waiting for device...

OK

Pushing psneuter...
    1875 KB/s (585731 bytes in 0.305s)

OK

chmod psneuter...
    error: closed

FAILED

What does it mean? I'm new to this and I don't know how to fix it?
    09-11-2011 01:01 AM
    Ok, the only SuperOneClick that works for the Optmus "V" is version 1.63. You have to select the Shell Root option,and then push su and Busybox with a command prompt.

That only works for the "V"s with OS version 2.2.1
    If you have OS version 2.2.2 then you need to use the Gingerbreak.apk and then download a Busybox inataller from the market.
    You will also need to download a terminal emulator and install the proper flash_image and a custom recovery.
    Then make a backup of your system in the recovery(this is called a nandroid backup).
    To install the Gingerbreak.apk go to the sticky at the top of this sub forum.
    09-11-2011 08:56 AM
    Some of the "V"s with the 2.2.2 OS have the Optimus "S" screen,which will make your screen go black when trying to install a recovery. If this happens go to the sticky with the same title.
    09-11-2011 09:05 AM
    Some of the "V"s with the 2.2.2 OS have the Optimus "S" screen,which will make your screen go black when trying to install a recovery. If this happens go to the sticky with the same title.
    i'd say all of the new optimus v's being released at the moment have the the optimus s screen. i bought one recently and rooted it with gingerbreak and then attempted to flash clockworkmod with rom manager and got the black screen. i had an optimus v in the past and i remembered i didnt experience this problem so i thought it might've been defective. traded it for another one, did the whole thing over again and ended up with the same problem. safe to say all new optimus v phones have the optimus s screen.
    09-12-2011 04:01 AM
    Honestly, I don't understand can you guys email me? ashpotash89@yahoo.com, i'd be so grateful.
    09-12-2011 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD