Getting Froyo dialer pad on BACKside

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Just trying out BACKside tonight for the first time and setting it up. I definitely prefer the dialpad from Froyo. Better button definition, bolder, just liked it better. Is there any way to get that dialer on BACKside IHO?

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'd first look at downloading a froyo rom like Harmonia or Bumblebee and extract it and go to the folder system/app within the extracted rom and try using the Phone.apk. I'm not 100% sure this will work but its worth a shot.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd first look at downloading a froyo rom like Harmonia or Bumblebee and extract it and go to the folder system/app within the extracted rom and try using the Phone.apk. I'm not 100% sure this will work but its worth a shot.

I know you're just suggesting and probably not totally sure. But I did what you suggested. Should I just replace what's in my android system/app folder with the apk from Harmonia ?

I emailed myself the phone.apk from Harmonia. And in Gmail is has a button to install it. But I feel like that would be the wrong thing to do. not sure.

I'm gonna try not to ruin my install yet. but i'm dying to know if it works.

EDIT: Damn, lol. I renamed the GB Phone.apk to _Phone.apk with the intention of copying in the Froyo one. I instantly got looping Force close "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". If I reboot will I be able to get in to fix it, or should I just restore from the Nandroid I just made?

Last edited:

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, try these. I make no guarantees that the dialer package from Harmonia will work. (But I think you know that ;) )

I assume you have a good nand, but if you don't, make one.

Hope this works for ya. The MIUIHO one will return your original dialer package.

Harmonia_dialer-package.zip

MIUIHO_dialer-package.zip

I'm always rocking a fresh Nandroid, especially when I start messing around. In fact, I just wrecked things a half hour back by messing with Phone.apk with ES File Explorer in root mode. And I'm already back up and running. I'll make a fresh one before attempting to flash these. Thanks so much!

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I gave it a shot. Didn't work. After booting, as soon as I unlocked the phone I got a forceclose loop. So I just restored from my fresh nandroid and I'm back up. Bummer. I was hoping that would do the trick.

Sent via VM670

Shoot. Well, they just are not compatible together. Bummer, I had a feeling it would be this way.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't given up wanting to do a custom dialer pad on BACKside / CM7. Is this even possible? don't they already have themes that include a dialer pad change?

I'm not looking to mod anything else along with it, and ideally, I'd still just like to see the dialer pad from Froyo on CM7. Surely there must be some graphic files that can be replaced? So it renders the Froyo graphics instead of the CM7 ones? And it doesn't even NEED to be the Froyo layout. I just don't like pressing thin white numbers in plain blackspace. I want the numbers to look like buttons of some sort.

I found this page...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...reens-dialers-boot-animations-wallpapers.html

Can I just download one of those zips for the dialer pads and flash it over BACKside IHO? Not sure if its compatible or not.

Last edited: