I HAD Gps a issue

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my gps would goto wrong locations and take sometime to find me accuratelt.

oops, I rebootes after editing and lost the source link BUT.
I edited /etc/gps.conf
to this:
NTP_SERVER=us.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276
INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE

# DEBUG LEVELS: 0 - none, 1 - Error, 2 - Warning, 3 - Info
# 4 - Debug, 5 - Verbose
DEBUG_LEVEL = 5

Now my gps works way better.

PLEASE BACKUP ANY FILES IF YOU EDIT THEM.
This was needed for my phone.
it would give me 2 sometimes3 wrong locations before finding me, which did not help getting directions.!!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be off-topic but I noticed ur running IHO with Picasticks kernel. I was wondering if u have some new picasticks kernel he didn't release yet for Gingerbread or if it is still the Froyo kernel? Because of what he posted in his thread:

* This kernel (picasticks) is version 2.6.32.9 (Android Platform 8/2.2/Froyo) and intended for a 2.2/Froyo OS/ROM. If you run it on Cyanogen, expect problems. (When LG releases 2.3, I will go to 2.3 also.)

But since Gingerbread was released for the Optimus S it see it possible he made one for our phones but haven't heard anything about it.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be off-topic but I noticed ur running IHO with Picasticks kernel. I was wondering if u have some new picasticks kernel he didn't release yet for Gingerbread or if it is still the Froyo kernel? Because of what he posted in his thread:

* This kernel (picasticks) is version 2.6.32.9 (Android Platform 8/2.2/Froyo) and intended for a 2.2/Froyo OS/ROM. If you run it on Cyanogen, expect problems. (When LG releases 2.3, I will go to 2.3 also.)

But since Gingerbread was released for the Optimus S it see it possible he made one for our phones but haven't heard anything about it.
No its the 2.2 kernel, I think the OP just wanted to mash up a rom and wants super duper boot times. I would bet most of the issues the OP has is related to the kernel not cooperating with IHO.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have no other issues technically, yes booting in like 23 or 24 seconds after the LG logo,
watched the seconds on the digital clock in our kitchen.
I don't really run any other programs, I removed all apps I don't use, great battery life too.
I like a good boot time since I carry 2 extra batteries.
I've also moved all possible apps to the system/app folder
I haven't had any problems but I have the Virgin Picasticks on this phone and the Optimus Picasticks on the Optimus S (which will soon be easily flashed to virgin)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply I been wondering what the reason was to run that kernel with GB and if I wanted to run it myself. I see now that its not my interest being I have the extended battery I rarely ever reboot my phone.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I CAN!! Most sprint phones, preferabbly LG, Very easy when the only difference is the carrier and the phones basically the same. data provisioning on a phone running CM7 may be tricky but txt calling mms, etc, just a prl change and some of my salvaged information from one of my older damaged or broke phones, but like I learned on my own all I can say is this: I won't share any how to information, although I'd do it myself, but not show someone all the things I have learned, you will have to learn on your own. and if you can learn the actually easy to do hex editing/file pulling, you can do it on a greater number of phones

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I dunno, probably, I don't have one to find out.
why, oh well nvm I understand why.
I don't like big phones, hence the Optimus V.
pocket size, yet a cool customizable android.
basically if I get it on VM, then calls,txts, and mms are easily set up.
data should not be difficult to get working.
I almost considered that when I had an EVO but didn't like
the size, and oh yeah the 4g , no sorry, not even on VM I dont think lol
I never tried on the EVO since I had no interest, sorry.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
okay, I did a quick search for it, definitely , I , can do it, I know that.
I dont really wanna send u links, cuz i u end up not understandin how to write it and it looks likeit's hex entry I don't wanna be instructing u how, besides u'll need a clean, esn from a dead phone.
DO NOT CLONE A PHONE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance