help phone booting into recovery

androiderik

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well i have an optimus v and i recently rooted and installed rom tools and a couple other stuff but never flashed a different rmo and i unrooted and tried to factory reset not it only boots into clockwork recovery is my phone bricked or can it be fixed

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you perform a backup?

It is very difficult to permanently brick a phone. Almost everything can be recovered from.

I have a few suggestions. You could go ahead and restore from a backup, or if you don't have one, you can load a custom ROM, there is even a stock ROM you can place back on. You are bricked, but you can recovery from it as long as you have custom recovery.

What you can do, the simplist option, is place a custom ROM:

- Go to https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/binary , and download a ROM, I use BobZhome, but you pick your own favorite...
- And download the gapps zip... (near bottom of page)
- Save zips to your SD Card... Boot into your ClockworkMod (hold menu, down volume, and power button)...
- Wipe cache partition...
- Wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)...
- Wipe data / factory reset
- Go to install zip from SD Card...
- Navigate to the ROM zip...
- Select and install...
- Go to install zip from SD Card...
- Navigate to gapps zip, and install...
- reboot, and follow instructions...

Hope this helps!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: androiderik

androiderik

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
i tried bigsupersquid method he posted and now my phone only loads the LG logo and no more i guess this phone is totally bricked it wont even allow me to boot into the Clockwork recovery no more

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
it's actually mmarz's method, or maybe zefie's, and it's old.
you can't boot into clockwork at all? you probably got a bad flash of xionia recovery. did you use the flashable zip or manually flash an .img file?
does adb see the phone at all when it's sat on for a minute or two?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar