So I recently installed the CM7 IHO-Purity-X ROM on My OpV(The newer kind with the different screen that made it a pain in the a$$ to install)

But anyways I'm happily running it now

The thing is I wanted to overclock my phone... and I did, through Settings->CyanogenMod Settings->CPU Settings.

And it worked. I started low with 784, everything was fine my phone didn't explode in my hands or anything like that. then I gradually moved up all the way to 864, and my phone still runs nicely. Even my battery life is decent... well its as crappy as any other OpV but you know what I mean. I have Juice Defender though.

The only bad thing is whiles playing some 3d games(they ran very smoothly) My battery was at 91.4 F.
    I think this is high I don't know for sure though(besides it's a hot day today anyways). But Ive had my screen locked for about 10 minutes and its at 86 F now(I set min at 245).

So my question is should I keep my phone at 864? Or is this a bad idea?
    AppleboyX likes this.
    09-18-2011 08:18 PM
    well ive never overclocked my phone but i do have wireless tether on my phone which tells your phones battery temperature and mines gone as high as 103 degrees F. and my phone is still running perfectly with no issues so dont worry about it.
    09-18-2011 08:21 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty skeptical so I'm gonna go down to 844 just in case.
    09-18-2011 08:24 PM
    no problem. i think i got a little worried when mine hit 103 but it idled at like 90ish so yeah dont worry about it
    09-18-2011 08:26 PM
    yeah. my phone has often gotten up in the 100's. Just because it's being used a lot. (Especially with games, tether, and youtube)
    It worked normal, though. just hot.
    09-18-2011 09:15 PM
    I wouldn't worry until it starts going over 110 degrees. Also your phone will warn you if it's too hot and either reboot or shutdown. Sometimes mine idles at 60 degrees when it's 80 degrees out, lol
    09-18-2011 09:54 PM
    So I recently installed the CM7 IHO-Purity-X ROM on My OpV(The newer kind with the different screen that made it a pain in the a$$ to install)

But anyways I'm happily running it now

The thing is I wanted to overclock my phone... and I did, through Settings->CyanogenMod Settings->CPU Settings.

And it worked. I started low with 784, everything was fine my phone didn't explode in my hands or anything like that. then I gradually moved up all the way to 864, and my phone still runs nicely. Even my battery life is decent... well its as crappy as any other OpV but you know what I mean. I have Juice Defender though.

The only bad thing is whiles playing some 3d games(they ran very smoothly) My battery was at 91.4 F.
    I think this is high I don't know for sure though(besides it's a hot day today anyways). But Ive had my screen locked for about 10 minutes and its at 86 F now(I set min at 245).

So my question is should I keep my phone at 864? Or is this a bad idea?
    You shouldn't set your minimum less than 400... It has been proven to be counter-productive... I actually have mine set to 764/806... And battery life and temp see all fine... I think along the "race to idle" philosophy...

On another note, try opening your video camera, if you phone reboots, you have it over-clocked too high...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    09-19-2011 12:25 AM
    The video camera works fine so I guess I got lucky and got a good phone. I think I'm going to set it at 600mhz for idle since thats what its at when its not overclocked.
    09-19-2011 05:18 PM
    I downloaded an overclocking widget and it doesn't let me set anything about 600
    09-19-2011 05:20 PM
    I downloaded an overclocking widget and it doesn't let me set anything about 600
    I'm using IHO-Purity-X cm7 and I have the option to overclock within the phones settings and there's an option for 600mhz there.
    09-19-2011 05:37 PM
    Which one?
    09-19-2011 05:56 PM
    Which one?
    I've tried SuperClock Widget and CPU Master

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    09-19-2011 07:36 PM
    90 degrees isn't bad. Dont have such a large gap between the maximum and idle though, it is counter productive because your phone will haveto keep changing voltages. If you want the max at 864, set the minimum at 806 or 787.

Know that no matter what, when it comes to overclocking, it WILL wear your phone and battery out faster. I know you said that you didn't notice a real dofference in battery life, but over time it will get worse faster than those whose OV has not been overclocked. The processor will also be worn out faster as well, but by the time that becomes a really noticeable problem you'll probably already have a new phone.
    bdieu17 likes this.
    09-20-2011 01:32 PM
    I wouldn't worry until it starts going over 110 degrees. Also your phone will warn you if it's too hot and either reboot or shutdown. Sometimes mine idles at 60 degrees when it's 80 degrees out, lol

Pfffftttt! That aint nuttin! My Optimus v hit 140F with this tether app https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ on a hot summer day. Safe to say my phone spent the night in the freezer
    06-24-2013 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD