04-20-2012 07:29 PM
52 123
tools
    In recovery, this is navigating ClockworkMod to clear cache, dalvik-cache, perform a wipe, then a restore... Without looking...

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk
    I'd rather diffuse a bomb.
    09-22-2011 05:32 PM
    I'd rather diffuse a bomb.
    nothing happens at all it just keeps the backlite on
    09-22-2011 06:20 PM
    Hmm... Wish I could put my hands on it... Bet I could fix it one way or another...

Give me a bit I will come up with something...

09-22-2011 07:18 PM
    See if you can get an adb connection.

Connect your phone to your PC... Boot phone into recovery...
    Open a command prompt...
    Navigate to c:\program files\Android\Android-sdk\platform-tools
    Type adb shell
    You should get a # prompt

Let me know if you get this far...

09-23-2011 07:44 AM
    should i use my computers cmd?
    and how do i navigate to c:\program files\Android\Android-sdk\platform-tools?
    sorry but ive never done this!
    is there anyway to compleatly wipe the phone clean and fresh..... id dont mind losing data as much as buying a new phone.
    09-23-2011 08:23 AM
    If you can download the IHO Recovery: http://inferiorhumanorgans.com/andro...-4.0.1.4.3.img

Go back to the commands prompt and type: mount /sdcard

Then open the SD card in windows and place the recovery file on the root of the SD card

Back to the command prompt type the following:
    mount /system
    /system/bin/flash_image recovery iho-vm670-recovery-4.0.1.4.3.img

May take a few moments

Then type: reboot recovery

09-23-2011 08:24 AM
    should i use my computers cmd?
    and how do i navigate to c:\program files\Android\Android-sdk\platform-tools?
    sorry but ive never done this!
    is there anyway to compleatly wipe the phone clean and fresh..... id dont mind losing data as much as buying a new phone.
    Yes the computers cmd
    when your get to the cmd prompt type: cd c:\program files\Android\Android-sdk\platform-tools

Unfortunately not, would be nice to have a reset button...

totombane likes this.
    09-23-2011 08:27 AM
    it says
    system cannot find path specified. i copy and pasted cd c:\program files\Android\Android-sdk\platform-tools to cmd.
    im going to be gone over the weekend so i wont be able to reply to you posts but keep throwing ideas out.

shortround would it be possable to sent you my phone to fix it? i would pay you.
    thanks for all the help you guys im grateful!
    09-23-2011 09:06 AM
    it says
    system cannot find path specified. i copy and pasted cd c:\program files\Android\Android-sdk\platform-tools to cmd.
    im going to be gone over the weekend so i wont be able to reply to you posts but keep throwing ideas out.

shortround would it be possable to sent you my phone to fix it? i would pay you.
    thanks for all the help you guys im grateful!
    I an sorry, but I couldn't do that. I refuse to give out my address to have it shipped.

09-23-2011 09:39 AM
    I an sorry, but I couldn't do that. I refuse to give out my address to have it shipped.

would lg factory fix it if i sent it to them? if not where could i take it to be repaired
    09-23-2011 09:49 AM
    search for androidscreencast. it will allow you to see the phone screen on your pc.
    09-23-2011 10:06 AM
    Toto if you want I can screen share your computer and get you adb connected if its possible. I say possible because it needs to be in debugging mode for it to work. But its worth a shot

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    09-23-2011 10:25 AM
    would lg factory fix it if i sent it to them? if not where could i take it to be repaired
    Your voided the warranty by rooting the phone...

09-23-2011 10:26 AM
    search for androidscreencast. it will allow you to see the phone screen on your pc.
    Was tried wouldn't connect...

09-23-2011 10:27 AM
    Toto if you want I can screen share your computer and get you adb connected if its possible. I say possible because it needs to be in debugging mode for it to work. But its worth a shot

Doesn't matter in recovery... The restore was botched so he cannot boot normally...

09-23-2011 10:28 AM
    On the other hand if they try to turn it on and can not get past the logo screen they won't waste time trying to diagnose the problem they will just reflash the original software and be done with it

09-23-2011 10:31 AM
    we have already tried this
    09-23-2011 10:32 AM

i will be away over weekend but when i get back i might be able to try this
    and shortround i know i voided my warrenty but could i still pay them to fix it?
    09-23-2011 10:35 AM
    Well I can see if I can get adb to work but it would probably need to be in recovery to shell so we can push. if it cant connect he can always just go to his dealer and say it frozr during factory reset they may just replace it no questions

09-23-2011 10:39 AM
    i will be away over weekend but when i get back i might be able to try this
    and shortround i know i voided my warrenty but could i still pay them to fix it?
    Yeah message me when you get back and ill let see what I can do. Have a good weekend ....and yes you can always pay them. But I would just omit what you did and try your luck

09-23-2011 10:41 AM
    Well I can see if I can get adb to work but it would probably need to be in recovery to shell so we can push. if it cant connect he can always just go to his dealer and say it frozr during factory reset they may just replace it no questions

True, but now you are condoning fraud... While they would certainly replace it, I myself will not recommend this course of action...

09-23-2011 10:44 AM
    True, but now you are condoning fraud... While they would certainly replace it, I myself will not recommend this course of action...

yeah im not going to lie about it since it was my fault
    09-23-2011 10:46 AM
    On the other hand if they try to turn it on and can not get past the logo screen they won't waste time trying to diagnose the problem they will just reflash the original software and be done with it

No.
    This.
    Is.
    Wrong.
    To.
    Suggest.

Seriously as a senior advisor you should knoe better then to advocate returning a phone the USER broke.

Now back to android screencast. Yes you tried it but did you remount the phone? It wont work on my pc if I dont do adb remount. It will fail to load and error everytime.

I dont remember if anybody asked this or not. How did you restore the backup? Im getting a strong sense you used the lg reset from within the phone menu. If so that opens another can of worms.
    09-23-2011 10:46 AM
    yeah im not going to lie about it since it was my fault
    Then don't omit. They may still replace it despite the knowledge of it being modifed. At worst pay for the repair ,if we can't get it fixed.But either way let me know when you get back and ill try to get you connected.

09-23-2011 11:09 AM
    Fastboot and ADB Command Line tools for Android. - xda-developers

See ATTACHED FILES.
    much easier than d/ling the whole SDK,& searching folders
    09-23-2011 11:19 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD