08-12-2013 03:09 AM
146 12345 ...
tools
    I didn't see that Harmonia/this mod had that file. I'd back up the existing one if there is one just to be safe.

But I'm going to upload the host file now and add it to the ROM and re-upload that too.

EDIT: the updated host file: hosts.zip

The website is Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File
    Thanks!
    10-29-2011 01:47 PM
    On top of that, 480mhz and below the phone actually drops the cpu voltage. Above 480 and the phone gives the processor full voltage.
    Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Yes, I haven't followed those threads in some time. Back then, it was thought the processor ran at fixed voltage. Do you know how it was determined that the voltage was being dropped for 480Mhz or below? (i.e. are there apps that can report cpu voltage). And it's all the same voltage from 245Mhz to 480Mhz, right?

When the processor needs more than the minimum you set, it jumps to maximum speed. Let me say that again, when an app exceeds the minimum speed, it jumps to MAXIMUM. So if you set 240, it's fine for playing music, but as soon as you stream, it forces you all the way up to 806. There is no in between. By setting 360 or 480 for a minimum, you have a speed that can be used for apps requiring a medium amount of processor, without jumping to the maximum.
    I had thought the Interactive governor had different speed steps, while it was OnDemand that would do the single step up? If not, what's the difference between those two governors?
    10-29-2011 01:54 PM
    Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Yes, I haven't followed those threads in some time. Back then, it was thought the processor ran at fixed voltage. Do you know how it was determined that the voltage was being dropped for 480Mhz or below? (i.e. are there apps that can report cpu voltage). And it's all the same voltage from 245Mhz to 480Mhz, right?

I had thought the Interactive governor had different speed steps, while it was OnDemand that would do the single step up? If not, what's the difference between those two governors?
    I have no idea on any of that, sorry.
    10-29-2011 02:51 PM
    How do I reformat it ext3 to fat32?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    10-30-2011 03:13 AM
    How do I reformat it ext3 to fat32?

You'll have to use your computer to do that. If you got Linux you can just use fdisk or Gparted or whatever you use. For windows there's a way to partition a removable device, but I forgot what it was. Google should help you with that though.
    10-30-2011 04:06 AM
    On windows you can use minitool
    10-30-2011 09:19 PM
    Thanks, ill try that when I get back inside. Also, big props to this rom. its sick as .

10-30-2011 09:28 PM
    My sdcard is a 16gb samsung sdhc, I cant get to work on that or my sandisk 4gb. What kind of sdcard are you guys using?

10-31-2011 03:05 AM
    if you have windows, it's really picky about partitioning flash drives.
    to use gparted without installing linux or downloading a whole huge live cd, you can use hiren boot cd.
    lots of handy tools on that to have if your computer crashes thoroughly, too.
    gparted works well. the only problem I've had using it is the fat partition isn't automounted in linux when turning on usb storage. widows still automounts it ok, though. I have successfully used gparted on (2) 8GB cards by different manufacturers, and the (2) 2GB cards that came with my ov's.
    10-31-2011 06:45 AM
    I just tried superfdisk through hiren's. Keeps giving me same "Can't Mount" error.
    10-31-2011 11:44 AM
    My sdcard is a 16gb samsung sdhc, I cant get to work on that or my sandisk 4gb. What kind of sdcard are you guys using?

I have two Samsung 16 gb sdcards that came out of two galaxy s phones and I have never had a problem with either one of them.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    10-31-2011 11:47 AM
    I have two Samsung 16 gb sdcards that came out of two galaxy s phones and I have never had a problem with either one of them.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thats's what mine is out of.
    10-31-2011 11:53 AM
    I just tried superfdisk through hiren's. Keeps giving me same "Can't Mount" error.
    gparted is the way to go, in my experience.
    10-31-2011 12:41 PM
    gparted is the way to go, in my experience.
    I agree. I used a slitaz live CD when formatting my sd card when I was back on windows...and that was mainly so that it was a small download/install
    10-31-2011 05:53 PM
    Im at my whits end on this.. Ive tried every recovery for the ov... At least six versions of three roms. I cant get the second partition mounted.
    11-02-2011 02:12 AM
    it mounts ok on the pc, though?
    try it in terminal or adb shell.
    Code:
    mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext
    if it doesn't give an error, it mounted.
    if it does give an error, post it here.
    11-02-2011 06:55 AM
    How does this compare performance-wise to BobZhome's CM7?
    11-02-2011 10:04 AM
    How does this compare performance-wise to BobZhome's CM7?
    It's got the same performance as Harmonia 1.7 basically, with a slightly faster sd read speed.

That being said, it's also a froyo ROM, so idk how effective comparing a froyo ROM with a gingerbread ROM it's going to be...
    11-02-2011 11:43 AM
    Is the SD read buffer increased to 2048KB in this ROM? I think Bumblebee started doing that with v2.0
    11-02-2011 01:58 PM
    Is the SD read buffer increased to 2048KB in this ROM? I think Bumblebee started doing that with v2.0
    I believe so, I included the the sdcardfix script, and I am pretty sure I left the script at it's default...either that or I increased it lol

You can check to see what the value is, the file is in /etc/init.d/
    11-02-2011 02:04 PM
    I believe so, I included the the sdcardfix script, and I am pretty sure I left the script at it's default...either that or I increased it lol

You can check to see what the value is, the file is in /etc/init.d/
    Thanks! I do see 2048 in that file.
    jdcnosse likes this.
    11-02-2011 06:57 PM
    Hey guys. I pretty new to this kind of stuff, but I managed to root my phone, and install Harmonious Bumblebee 2.0 today. Everything went fairly smoothly until I noticed that when I try to open a few apps, I'm given a " could not launch the requested activity" message. Also, every time I reboot my phone, I always have " problem loading widget" on the two widgets I use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    11-03-2011 02:47 PM
    What apps and widgets specifically are you using that is causing this problem (it might help narrow down the cause of the problem)

I know sometimes I get the problem with the widget but it ends up going away one the phone is fully loaded
    11-03-2011 03:16 PM
    the widgets are; the google search bar, and the calendar. The apps are: youtube, quicksettings, skype, lookout, opera, mail, and a few other apps.
    11-03-2011 03:25 PM
    Hmm, I've never experienced any problems with Skype, but I haven't used any of the other apps. Have I tried going into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and then the app question and clearing the cache our force closing the app to see if it'll open again?

Otherwise I'd try wiping cache from the recovery menu (you could wipe data too but you'll lose all your downloaded apps).

I'm going to put together an updated build seeing as nearly all the apps I've included updated themselves.
    11-03-2011 03:44 PM
146 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD