[MOD] Harmonious Bumblebee 2.2

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [MOD] Harmonious Bumblebee 2.0

nonsense! That's what these forums are for :) we were all noobs at one point in time lol

dans89

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

I tried flashing this to my OpV and on reboot all i got was the LG logo and the a black screen. I'm not sure if my phone has the "V" or "S" screen. I am currently running the stock 2.2.2 os with 2.6.32.9 lge@android-build #4 kernel. Can you please help me with this? Oh and BTW I am 100% new to this. about the only thing I have done is rooted my phone with gingerbreak.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I tried flashing this to my OpV and on reboot all i got was the LG logo and the a black screen. I'm not sure if my phone has the "V" or "S" screen. I am currently running the stock 2.2.2 os with 2.6.32.9 lge@android-build #4 kernel. Can you please help me with this? Oh and BTW I am 100% new to this. about the only thing I have done is rooted my phone with gingerbreak.

Have you flashed a custom recovery on yet? I would recommend one of the IHO recoveries found here: https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/IHO-Recovery Either the one at the top or the BobZHome (this one is down near the bottom of the page, and includes support for the newer screens).

If you've already got the custom recovery on it and can get into recovery, you should be able to flash this. I'd recommend trying to flash Harmonia 1.6 or one of the older ROMs. If those give you a black screen then you've got the "S" screen. Harmonia 1.7 (which this is based off of) and the newer IHO ROMs (JerryScript's, BobZhome's and mrg666's builds) all work with the newer "S" screen.

Also you could try reflashing, as it's possible something didn't take; I'd recommend wiping everything when flashing a new ROM. I'll have to see if other people have the same problem (I have one with the "V" screen, so no way for me to test this, however the kernel and everything is all Harmonia 1.7, I just added some minor graphical changes to it and some apps.

dans89

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply. I will be sure to flash one of the recoveries.

EDIT: I have already flashed Clockworkmod recovery to my phone. I have version 3.2.0.1. Is this an acceptable recovery? If not how can I get rid of it?

Last edited:

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Well I should ask first, did you root your phone with gingerbreak and then get clockworkmod recovery on your phone? Because then these ROMs should work with the one.

But if you took that way and got the black screen when trying to get into recovery or if you still have the stock recovery then you should go ahead and do that. You can find help with that process (if you still need to do that) in the sticky threads in this forum

mjstealey

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

EDIT: I have already flashed Clockworkmod recovery to my phone. I have version 3.2.0.1. Is this an acceptable recovery? If not how can I get rid of it?

This recovery (3.2.0.1) from ROM Manager gave me a black screen on my s-screen OptV (2.2.2). Not sure if that is the norm, just my experience. I've since flashed the BobZ IHO recovery as mentioned with the link above (it's in the "Alternatives" section) and that has worked fine.

The only comment I might add to the "How to Install" instructions on that page is that I found it easier to rename the recovery once I transferred to the SD card to something that was easier to type at the prompt, like vrecovery.img

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

As long as you can get into it, you don't need to change if you don't want to. The IHO recovery was built from CWM if I recall correctly, the only difference is that it was made specifically for our phones (the optimus v)

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [MOD] Harmonious Bumblebee 2.1

Latest version:Harmonious Bumblebee 2.1
MD5: 43a9d0e173491064957117d9f8cfd81b

Changelog:
Harmonious Bumblebee 2.1 (updated apps, added updated hosts file from Bumblebee; based off Harmonia 1.7 and Bumblebee 2.4, works with the newer OVs): link above

Harmonious Bumblebee 2.0 (based off Harmonia 1.7 and Bumblebee 2.4, works with the newer OVs) HarmoniousBumblebee2.zip (MD5: 28a21112d4686c994cdf944dbad9a104)

Harmonious Bumblebee 1.0 (based off Harmonia 1.6.1c and Bumblebee 2.4, ONLY works with the older OVs unless you add the modified kernel for the newer OVs) - hb-public.zip (MD5: b92900a5a095f41702ec2905e9453039)

dans89

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Ok so last night the clockwork recovery was working just fine, but now when i try to boot in recovery mode all /i get is a black screen. is there any way I can get rid of this and use one of the other recoveries?

EDIT: Ok so apperantly I screwed up. I already had (xionia cwma recovery version 1.2518.4) when i flashed clockworkmod to my phone. Is there any way that i can undo what i did?? i cannot access my recovery menu. I have uninstalled ROM manager from my phone. (thats where i got the clockworkmod from.) and i have also removed the clockwork folder from my sdcard. Sorry i am a complete noob at this, I guess I'll have to pay more attention next time.

Last edited:

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

If you can get into your ROM (especially if it's a custom ROM) you can just flash the recovery from there using flash_image.

Just get a terminal emulator from the market and type in (without the quotes) "flash_image recovery recovery.img" where recovery.img is your recovery image file.

If you're only on stock ROM then I believe there is a way to do it with flash_image as well, but you'd have to download it and put it in the system folder first.

EDIT: If you can't get into your ROM (or recovery) then I would check the sticky thread on the black screen issues: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html

Reactions: notown

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Ok so last night the clockwork recovery was working just fine, but now when i try to boot in recovery mode all /i get is a black screen. is there any way I can get rid of this and use one of the other recoveries?

EDIT: Ok so apperantly I screwed up. I already had (xionia cwma recovery version 1.2518.4) when i flashed clockworkmod to my phone. Is there any way that i can undo what i did?? i cannot access my recovery menu. I have uninstalled ROM manager from my phone. (thats where i got the clockworkmod from.) and i have also removed the clockwork folder from my sdcard. Sorry i am a complete noob at this, I guess I'll have to pay more attention next time.

I just saw your edit to your post, but the instructions in my above post (or here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...armonious-bumblebee-2-1-a-10.html#post1383219) should still work if you can get into your ROM still (that's the easiest way).

crzftx

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Having trouble getting past the all black screen.
I'm using BobZhome's modified IHO Recovery
I'm using HB 2.1
I can get BACKside (based on CM7) to work just fine.
Any ideas? Am I flashing incorrectly or something (from recovery, clear caches, format directories, install from zip)?
I can hear sound on startup and when the volume keys are pressed, so the ROM is flashed, but nothing displays.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I typically wipe cache and dalvik and also format all the partitions but otherwise it should work. If you could see if Harmonia 1.7 gives you the same problem, I might be able to narrow it down to if it was a change I made or if it never worked

Reactions: crzftx

crzftx

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

sure, I'll try that in the morning. I really need to get to bed for now.
I can't stand the BACKside battery life, so I'll definitely look into this.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Alright thanks. I think one other person had a problem with the 2.0/2.1 files, but I don't have a new OV to test them on...

gerbalblaste

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I have the same problem of black screen on HB 2.1 and Harmonia 1.7. It looks to be installing properly, I can see the UI using Android Screencast. I'm currently using Xonia CWMA 1.2518.6. I've used several IHO based Roms successfully.

gerbalblaste

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I have the same problem of black screen on HB 2.1 and Harmonia 1.7. It looks to be installing properly, I can see the UI using Android Screencast. I'm currently using Xonia CWMA 1.2518.6. I've used several IHO based Roms successfully.

Ok, I fixed it. I flashed the modified picasticks kernel from this thread. Everything works as intended now.

Reactions: crzftx

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I fixed it. I flashed the modified picasticks kernel from this thread. Everything works as intended now.

EDIT apparently a couple people have this problem, so I'll keep your workaround in mind

I'll have to see if there are more people that LeslieAnn knows about that are having problems with Harmonia but I'll also look into what I can do with my own files. Unfortunately I don't have the source or anything, just the same zip file as everyone else gets

Last edited: