Cm7 uot help

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
so i made a cm7 theme using UOT kitchen but i cant get the messaging icon in the notification to bar to change. i knew there was a reason for it not working on froyo but i thought cm7 being a different set up it would work. how can i get the messaging icon to change in the notification bar?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know you could change that in the UOT Kitchen... Of course, I also gavsbt used it for awhile. You can get some different ones by using handcent, but other then that, I don't know.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The icon in the notification bar is determined by the app being used, not by the theme. I use go SMS and get that icon when receive a message.

theres gotta be a way to change it because people have changed it. i just dont klnow what i am to do. maybe a dev can post on this and give me some insight. all my other notifications changed and even my messaging app icon turned blue! i just cant get the notification icon to change. ill post a screeny soon

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You have to modify it within the SystemUI apk. Download apkmanager (or apktools if you don't mind command line). Decompile the apk, then find the res/drawable-mdpi folder, this contains all the images used.

You may be able to use 7zip to just open the apk as an archive. Take the image you want to replace it with and give it the same name. Then drag it into the opened apk archive. Close the apk, and reboot your phone into recovery. Under mounts, mount the system, then use ADB to push the modified apk to /system/app/SystemUI.apk, but first back it up:

adb shell
su
mv /system/app/SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk.bak
exit
adb push PATH_TO_FOLDER_WITH_MODIFIED_APK/SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk

Then on your phone, unmount system, then go back to main screen and reboot.

If you get force closes, the signing was most likely borked, and signing is my weakness. So if you have issues, restore your backup (SystemUI.apk.bak), follow the above steps, but change the 3rd line to:
mv /system/app/SystemUI.apk.bak /system/app/SystemUI.apk

Note-If you just want to modify the color, drag the original icon out of the opened archive, modify the colors with whatever image program you use, then drag it back.

heather2626

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why my recovery isnt working? I used te recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-sa.1.1.0..img and it was working, but then I flashed to xionia recovery and everytime I selected something the screen went black and if I hit the home/select button again, the options in recovery (wipe, install, etc) would show again, so I restored my backup (which was that thunderc.img) and tried ClockworkMOD, it does the same thing xionia did.

Whats going on??

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected, thanks riggerman, they are in the messaging app itself: /system/app/Mms.apk or whichever third party messaging app you use.

Decompile it and then look in: /res/drawable-mdpi/

Sorry, was thinking about my status bar mods when I posted earlier.