Terminal Emulator not requesting SU

alha

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I am sure I am missing something obvious here but I not sure what. I while back I rooted by Optimus V. I am trying to install a custom rom. The Superuser app seems to be running fine and has granted SU permissions to apps like titanium backup. I downloaded and installed android terminal emulator but when I type in su it does not request superuser permissions, it just say permission denied. I can't figure out how to get the terminal emulator to request root permissions.

USB debugging is turned on. I seem to have root permssions, just not in the emulator.

Any ideas on what I am missing?

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am sure I am missing something obvious here but I not sure what. I while back I rooted by Optimus V. I am trying to install a custom rom. The Superuser app seems to be running fine and has granted SU permissions to apps like titanium backup. I downloaded and installed android terminal emulator but when I type in su it does not request superuser permissions, it just say permission denied. I can't figure out how to get the terminal emulator to request root permissions.

USB debugging is turned on. I seem to have root permssions, just not in the emulator.

Any ideas on what I am missing?

Open Superuser and see if Terminal Emulator is listed... It may have been accidentally denied... If not listed, reinstall Superuser from the market, then try again...

EDIT: I have also had this issue in the past with Titanium Backup on first install... A reboot fixed it... Try that first, if you hadn't already..

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alha

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I finally figured it out. The keyboard I was using was automatically making everything uppercase. With the small font and only typing in two letters I didn't notice it for awhile. After I fixed that it worked fine.