DT A2SD troubles

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I partitioned my sd and ran dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip yesterday (by following the directions provided on XDA). It moved my apps as it was supposed to, but it seems to have gone stomping around my system and I don't like it.

I am running the 9/28 build of BACKside (which was running great until I did this.) Now my lock-screen is gone. No matter what style I choose in CM settings or if I choose a pattern or password - NO lock-screen.

Also, my home button no longer does anything. Any interface changes changes I make in CM settings to the other buttons do not take effect, either. I checked /system/usr/keylayout/thunder_keypad.kl and everything is mapped correctly.

When I long-press the power key, my menu is much shorter. My phone options are now: Screenshot, Reboot, and Power Off.

I've tried with Dalvic cache both on the SD and back in the phone - no change.

I tried wiping cache and dalvic cache and then reflashing the rom and gapps - no change. I haven't gone so far as to do a full wipe, yet as I am hoping there is an easier fix (I just got settled in after wiping and flashing the 9/28 build)

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Judging from the lack of response for 3 days, I'm guessing this is just a random "crap happens" situation. I spent all weekend fighting to solve this. I'll share what I tried to maybe shed light upon someone else's path...

First tried the "wipe trinity" in recovery (cache, dalvic, user data). Reflashed Backside. Left DTa2sd out of the equation. No improvement.

Next, re-wiped again. Tried Harmonia. Lock-screen was back and buttons worked correctly. A little oddity, though - my previous boot-animation was still there instead of the green harmonia animation. Random re-boots (discovered that Harmonia is OCed higher than my phone can handle - no-frills cpu helped this). Phone was still really "quirky" and not stable like Harmonia is supposed to be. Knowing I was going to be wiping everything again, I decided to try Link2sd. Had a hell of a time getting this to work, but I did get to learn how to partition my SD via ADB shell. Once I had a 2nd fat32 partition, I was able to move a lot to sd, but the random reboots were back with a vengeance.

At this point, I decided it was not that important for me to have a partitioned sd card - I was just MODing for fun anyway. Re-partitioned my card to just one fat32 partition. Rewiped, reflashed Harmonia. Back up and running, but still quirky and randomly rebooting.

Finally, I took the wiping even further - wiped cache 3 times, wiped dalvic 3 times, wiped user data 3 times, went into mounts and storage and formatted everything. Transferred sd data back over and then reflashed Harmonia. Back up and running. The only thing left to figure out is why it takes 3-4 boot cycles to get up and running whenever I turn the phone on...

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
problems like the lingering bootanimation indicate you need to format system in recovery before installing the zipped rom.
since you're having reboot issues too, I suggest also formatting boot when you format system.

you might also try a different recovery if you're getting bad installs.
just make sure your ROM is working before you change recovery to avoid being unable to boot into anything.

Reactions: RyanJKremer

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using the iho cwm recovery. Is it possible to have a bad install of a recovery? Or is the latest release of Harmonia not as compatible with other recoveries as stated? I considered switching to xonia recovery to see if it helps...

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
a bad recovery flash probably won't even boot into recovery.
try wiping boot and system as well as cache, data, and dalvik-cache before flashing the rom if you're having troubles.
I've tried every recovery variant built for the OV, except what comes from rom manager (older cwm I've tested, though) and never had any obvious problems from any of them.
I always format every partition before installing a rom, though. boot, cache, data, system, and dalvik-cache.

Reactions: RyanJKremer