(Question)Optimus v key switch

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Fenrix had told me about the Optimus S roms on Optimus V, So I gave it a shot using the Sprint to OV. It works, but is there a way to change the Menu key and the Home key without having to flash it? Once I flash it, the info in About Phone changes. :/

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
you will also need to edit /system/build.prop and change all operator numbers to 311490 for 3G(+MMS)
and ifyou want you can change ls670 to vm670 and Sprint to Virgin_Mobile

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Your better off using the Buttonremapper like Jerry said. It was less complicated, and a breeze. Upon switching the key though, your phone will freeze, so give it a moment, then take battery out and put it back in. :p

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Couple of things need to be done.
You need button remap.
You need to redo the build.prop (it's a text file in the zip), this means you will need to disable signing in order to flash)

At this point you will have a working rom, however, MMS and possibly text messaging will still not work. For those you need some of the core files from a OV rom. This could possibly break the rom to where it will not even flash properly depending on what rom you start with and which rom you pull files from. Be prepared for lots of reading and lots of frustration. Odds are you will kill your 3g many times, necessitating the activate app, which only works on OV froyo roms. Which means lots of flashing, re-flashing, activating,re-flashing, repeat. With luck you won't need to change recoveries each time.

The big question is why?
There are quite a few good OV roms. Some are a bit dated but they run perfectly fine. There is little to nothing gained by running an OS rom instead of an OV rom.

Yass_central

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
HELP! I have tried this app but it didn't do anything. My home and menu keys are switched.
I installed "Cold as Ice" for the optimus s on my optimus v. I tried flashing the zip file they gave but didn't work either. What should I do?:confused:

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
RE: to Leslie's post above:
311490 was operator id needed for mms to work on a cyanogen rom.
I also copied the apns.conf naturally but can't say it must be copied for sure.
Everything works on my phone.
I keep a Harmonia backup for compatibility if I wanna use apps that don't work on cyanogen and a bobzhome rom with a linux chroot@2.5gb for debian(gdm3&iceweasel) this is so if I ever am travelling & have no pc, I can use a fully functioning browser.
Why?
Well for one web sites don't recognize my device when I'm on Kravens Rom (be it is stripped bare.) and I like the Rom,I should add I am using 11 12 2011 version as a newer version had issues I stuck to my backup ;)

And yes, if you're not a smart a** & dunno what you're doing in the first place stick to what people make for your phone because I have lots of knowledge and I'm not going to waste my time explaining everything.
If you dunnp what I am talking about you are best to not be trying anything I do.
A knowledge of Linux helps alot on these phones, and I don't mean ubuntu like knowledge I mean like sandbox, debian, slackware maybe, if you are confident you can build up off of Parted Magic and turn it into a full OS in Live Ram, then that is good.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I made a clean backup of my Kraven so you see it works.
If you want your device to be recognizable by sites like the bank, facebook, etc. I'm pretty darn sure ya just gotta flash gapps & link the phone to a google account.
The Cache & Dlavik Cache are wiped so first boot will be slow. It has Picasticks LED-1 so sometimes the leds stay on & if you alter a file then they will be forced to stay on. And no that will not save battery but in dark times it will save the trouble of them going off when you want to be able to see them & have them stay on. Although I havent done that in awhile I'm pretty sure it works on this Rom.
I will upload & post a link sometime today.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
http://www.4shared.com/folder/ipcCfbdr/_online.html
ok so put the files in a folder inside of clockwork backups where your others are and label it appropriatly, then check it out!
=)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000