Random Restarts

Stout01

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I just recently received my Optimus V, and its been great except for one problem, it restarts randomly. I started out by rooting it and flashing ath3nos's Unofficial CM7, which worked great for the first three hours or so until it started rebooting randomly. i then switched to Bobzhome's CM7 rom, it also had the same problem. i then decided maybe it was just a gingerbread thing so i switched to Harmonia 1.7 which gave me the black screen problem so i flashed xionia anykernel 14 to fix that, but this rom still gave me the rebooting issue.
I know this isn't caused by overclocking because i already clocked back to the default 600mhz. any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
you got a lemon phone. put it to stock and get it exchanged asap.

in manufacturing thousands of phones a day, and shipping them all over the country, some are bound to slip past quality control.

the phone clearly has a hardware problem that software cant solve. the longer its in your possession the less likely Virgin is to replace it. think you get 30 days for first return. just get it over with

Stout01

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
well i dont think that it did this on stock, but just to be sure i will try to return it. the only problem is that i bought it from amazon so i dont think i can return it directly to virgin

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
you got a lemon phone. put it to stock and get it exchanged asap.

in manufacturing thousands of phones a day, and shipping them all over the country, some are bound to slip past quality control.

the phone clearly has a hardware problem that software cant solve. the longer its in your possession the less likely Virgin is to replace it. think you get 30 days for first return. just get it over with

From the IHO wiki: https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary

Disclaimer
Installing customized versions of Android will void your warranty and make your phone incompatible with official updates released by your carrier.

You may encounter serious software problems that make your phone unusable. If you need help, ask the users in the official discussion thread. If they can?t get your phone working again, don?t return it. Making manufacturers eat the cost of your decision encourages restrictive policies that hurt us all.

Android?s greatest strength is its flexibility. Let?s be good stewards of the freedom given to us so that it isn?t taken away.