I installed this ROM and love every bit of it except that TeamViewer no longer works correctly. I can remote to my pc's on the list but the video updates VERY slowly to the point it is unusable. I can see on the other pc's that when I click, things happen on the remote pc but they don't show up on the phone (ie. I minimize a window or close it and it does it on the pc but on the phone it stays the same)

Any ideas on how to fix this or is there another CM7 ROM where TeamViewer is known to work better?

Thanks,
    cmac
    10-29-2011 10:30 PM
    I am also having this problem. basically, you can't see anything happen on the phone's screen, even though all your clicks are being processed as usual on the computer. sort of like "really bad lag", but only on the graphics on the phone. I think one of the february 2012 updates to IHO backside causes the problem, but I odn't know which one.
    03-07-2012 02:01 PM
    Could you post a logcat so we can see what's happening?
    03-07-2012 02:21 PM
    That's odd. It's working for me. :/
    03-07-2012 03:31 PM
    Today i was using 2012-01-20 version of backside, and teamviewer was working fine in the morning. Then it starts screwing up in the evening. The only thing i did was install AdAway. I disabled adAway, rebooted, and teamviewer is working again. So, the problem should have nothing to do with Backside .

Thanks Jerry for all your awesome work, I'm loving BACKside IHO!!!

Btw, this isn't a big issue, but on the 2012-03-06 version of backside, the custom images for drop down menus doesn't allow for transparency anymore (compared to the first version that allowed custom images for the dropdown notifications). Maybe it has something to do with being able to use gallery and crop images to select as the custom notification image. I was going to post on the xda thread, but i don't have enough posts to post on the development section or something.

Could you post a logcat so we can see what's happening?
    I don't know where the log is (or if i need to manually generate it?), but if theres a wiki page or something, I can try to do that if it would help.
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-08-2012 11:02 PM
    Btw, this isn't a big issue, but on the 2012-03-06 version of backside, the custom images for drop down menus doesn't allow for transparency anymore (compared to the first version that allowed custom images for the dropdown notifications). Maybe it has something to do with being able to use gallery and crop images to select as the custom notification image. I was going to post on the xda thread, but i don't have enough posts to post on the development section or something.
    Ooops, that's my fault. When I changed the code, I instructed it to save images as jpeg, which has no transparency. I will attempt to change it to png format in the next build, which should give you back your transparency.
    pinocytosis likes this.
    03-09-2012 12:02 AM
    teamviewer is all messy for me too. tried imperio and pocketcloud. both immediately give disconnect when trying to connect. router and ports are set up correctly

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-09-2012 09:12 AM
    My laptop at home is a Dell Inspiron 6000 running SalixOS (Linux). I have happily used Teamviewer6 on said laptop to run various Macs and Windows PCs remotely, and vice-versa. No problems.

I downloaded the Andorid Teamviewer app awhile ago and at first it worked fairly well for controlling my remote Linux machine from my mobile device. Then one day it just started behaving exactly as described in the above post(s). I keep in on my phone in hope that one day it will just magically work again after an update, but it is currently useless.

In the meantime, I use ConnectBot to create an ssh tunnel from my mobile device to the remote host (my laptop), then use AndroidVNC to connect thru this tunnel. Setting it up wasn't fun, but it works just as fast as Teamviewer ever did, and aside from file transfer has the same basic functionality as far as remote desktop solutions are concerned.

This said, I'd love to see Teamviewer working again.

EDIT: I just wiped all Teamviewer data, uninstalled, reinstalled, same issue. Then under options I unchecked "Enable UDP" and except for a few second lag (to be expected since I'm on 3G and my laptop uses a ppp connection) it seems to be working fine.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-11-2012 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD