Changing button shape.

bigbdroid

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Here's my story.

I've been out of the real world for a very long time. I haven't used a computer since windows 3.11, and I have a lot to learn. I have no computer and no real desire or need for one.

The one thing that I do want to know more about is editing some of the files associated with the themes so that I can change the way my phone looks at will.

Now, here's the fun part. You all get to treat me like I'm stupid. And I want you to. Please tell me where I can find some sort of how-to of literature that can teach how to work with those files. Also I'd like be able to change things like the way the buttons look, the way some of the internal window components look, etc. Any and all help you can give would be greatly appreciated and welcome.

bigbdroid

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a good start, but I'm looking for something a little more (advanced and basic at the same time). Like which png and xml files do what. You know? Like which png changes what icon, button, border, etc. And which xml changes what setting. Stuff like that.

Is there anything like that out there?

bigbdroid

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have. But there's a lot that doesn't make sense. Also some of the xml are unreadable with all sorts of special characters. And while the png files make the most sense some are harder to figure out than others.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
To theme android, you pretty Much need a windows or Linux computer. To read android XML, the APK files for apps need to be decompiled with a certain tool. I had, and still do have very little knowledge of android theming and such, but I am slowly learning, just by ripping apart APKs.

Sent from my CM7.1'd, ICS Themed NookColor using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigbdroid