03-01-2012 09:14 AM
339 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    So i'm getting this at the end of the build process. Is this common or just me? I get the thunderc-ota-eng.thekraven.zip file but not the user one.

Code:
    building image from target_files BOOT...
      running:  mkbootfs /tmp/targetfiles-qUop1h/BOOT/RAMDISK
      running:  minigzip
      running:  mkbootimg --kernel /tmp/targetfiles-qUop1h/BOOT/kernel --cmdline mem=471M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=thunderc --base 0x12200000 --pagesize 2048 --ramdisk /tmp/tmpy4fksA --output /tmp/tmpnRLsCA
      running:  openssl pkcs8 -in build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 -inform DER -nocrypt
      running:  java -Xmx2048m -jar out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar -w build/target/product/security/testkey.x509.pem build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 /tmp/tmpEcp4lq out/target/product/thunderc/thunderc-ota-eng.thekraven.zip
    done.
    /home/thekraven/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/thunderc-ota-user.thekraven.zip doesn't exist!
    make: *** [bacon] Error 1
    02-17-2012 05:13 AM
    I don't have time to get these in order and push to github today. But I promised, so I just created a drop instead.

Here it is. I'll get this up on github soon, I promise. This is just in case anyone wants to get a jump on building in the meantime.
    You Rock!

I understand getting things organized for a proper push! Half my commits contain fixes to other commits that I forget to push by themselves!

Take your time, appreciate the dump!
    02-17-2012 06:03 AM
    So i'm getting this at the end of the build process. Is this common or just me? I get the thunderc-ota-eng.thekraven.zip file but not the user one.

Code:
      running:  mkbootimg --kernel /tmp/targetfiles-qUop1h/BOOT/kernel --cmdline mem=471M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=thunderc --base 0x12200000 --pagesize 2048 --ramdisk /tmp/tmpy4fksA --output /tmp/tmpnRLsCA
      running:  openssl pkcs8 -in build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 -inform DER -nocrypt
      running:  java -Xmx2048m -jar out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar -w build/target/product/security/testkey.x509.pem build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 /tmp/tmpEcp4lq out/target/product/thunderc/thunderc-ota-eng.thekraven.zip
    done.
    /home/thekraven/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/thunderc-ota-user.thekraven.zip doesn't exist!
    Never saw that before. Very strange...
    02-17-2012 11:17 AM
    My thoughts on these items:
    # Optional CM packages
    PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
    VideoEditor \ <---Gone
    VoiceDialer \ <---I would like to keep in
    Basic \ <---What is this?
    HoloSpiralWallpaper \ <---Gone
    MagicSmokeWallpapers \ <---Gone
    NoiseField \ <---What is this?
    Galaxy4 \ <---What is this?
    LiveWallpapers \ <---Gone
    LiveWallpapersPicker \ <---Staying
    VisualizationWallpapers \ <---Gone
    PhaseBeam <---What is this?

# Custom CM packages
    PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
    Trebuchet \ <---I feel we need
    CMStats \ <---I feel we need
    DSPManager \ <---I would like to take out
    libcyanogen-dsp \ <---I would like to take out
    audio_effects.conf <---I would like to take out
    tdm and Anonymo like this.
    02-17-2012 03:47 PM
    # Optional CM packages
    PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
    VideoEditor \ <---Gone

# Custom CM packages
    PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
    Phase beam> live wallpaper
    Galaxy4> live wallpaper
    Noise field>I believe something to do with live wallpaper

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    tdm and Anonymo like this.
    02-17-2012 03:51 PM
    # Optional CM packages
    PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
    VideoEditor \ <---Gone

# Custom CM packages
    PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
    Thanks.

I've removed these in my build: Development, SpareParts, VideoEditor, HoloSpiralwallpaper, MagicSmokeWallpaper, LiveWallpapers, VisualizationWallpapers, and CMStats.

What is in CMStats that we need? It looks small so I don't have a problem including it.

I'll look at removing some of the others. I assumed the CM audio stuff was needed, but if it's not, I'll consider taking it out. Every little bit helps but It's only about 178k total.
    02-17-2012 04:04 PM
    Thanks.

I've removed these in my build: Development, SpareParts, VideoEditor, HoloSpiralwallpaper, MagicSmokeWallpaper, LiveWallpapers, VisualizationWallpapers, and CMStats.

What is in CMStats that we need? It looks small so I don't have a problem including it.

I'll look at removing some of the others. I assumed the CM audio stuff was needed, but if it's not, I'll consider taking it out. Every little bit helps but It's only about 178k total.
    I took out some microphone files on my gapps edit, so if you happen to include (or get working, for that matter) microphone or other apps, please let me know

02-17-2012 04:11 PM
    CMstats pushes info here: CMStats
    It's tiny and I like seeing our unofficial builds with more installs than there elite phones

EDIT:
    you may have issues with Development and SpareParts...they are listed here:
    # Required CM packages
    PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
    Camera \
    Development \
    LatinIME \
    SpareParts \
    Superuser \
    Superuser.apk \
    su
    02-17-2012 04:37 PM

Code:
    done.
    Just ran into that myself. I think it has to do with the bacon target, as I've previously built otapackage.

I'll try to figure out what's going on.
    02-17-2012 04:48 PM
    Maybe some a sync added that. I'll try a make clobber and see what happens.

From lupohirps, they have a mic fixer zip from cyrix, but I can't find the source to the fixes. Maybe it was from their beta1. I've tested it and it does fix mic apps like grooveip and voice dialer. But headset mic is not working, only handset mic and earphones. CM7 folks would love that combo.
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-17-2012 05:11 PM
    Just heads up noisefield.apk IS a live wallpaper. I deleted it in the build I'm running, as well as the other wallpapers gannon pointed out. Also I was able to cut out ~7 MB by deleting all but a few ringtones and notification tones (who needs them anyway).
    02-17-2012 05:30 PM
    Galaxy4 is the launcher.. you kind of need that. You don't need the 300k wallpaper inside this or the 300lk wallpaper inside framework-res.apk

Phasebeam is more live wallpaper.

CMstats is an opt-in thing for CM error checking, and other statistics for the CM team. Harmonia has been missing this for a while, I also removed it from H3 with no issues.

Development has been removed from H2 and H3 from the start, no issues removing them.

I don't see Basic in the builds, unless it refers to Gapps from the H3 post, in which case that is the gapps background files.

I'm going to try and assemble a thorough guide one what is what and what can or can't be removed later tonight. The H3 post and this should get out enough for most people.
    02-17-2012 07:51 PM
    @LeslieAnn Galaxy4 is NOT the launcher... its a live wallpaper. I've deleted it using titanium and it was definitely a wallpaper, I still have a launcher without galaxy4 The launcher is the trebuchet.apk
    02-17-2012 08:08 PM
    Strange, it has a normal wallpaper inside.
    Where the heck is the launcher?
    02-17-2012 08:13 PM
    System/app/Trebuchet.apk

I'm tellin you that's the launcher.
    02-17-2012 08:16 PM
    System/app/Trebuchet.apk

I'm tellin you that's the launcher.
    Yeah, I just found it.
    02-17-2012 08:17 PM
    I just took extracted the files of trebuchet.apk and it IS the launcher. There's 1.5 MB of wallpaper in it and they can all he resized for our phones. I'll resize them and post a replacement launcher in a bit
    02-17-2012 08:19 PM
    Has anybody compared all three launchers? Apex, trebuchet, and nova and see which one was the smallest?

02-17-2012 08:41 PM
    Well from download:

Apex= 1.1mb (smallest)
    Trebuchet= 9.56mb (largest)
    Nova= 1.42 (mediumish)
    02-17-2012 09:03 PM
    Well from download:

Apex= 1.1mb (smallest)
    Nova= 1.42 (mediumish)
    Whoa. We obviously need to remove trebuchet,..

02-17-2012 09:13 PM
    I just editted the trebuchet launcher. Its now only 1.1 MB now. I'll upload it in a sec
    bdfull3r likes this.
    02-17-2012 09:14 PM
    After 7 hours of compiling, I get this:
    Code:
    Install system fs image: out/target/product/thunderc/system.img
    out/target/product/thunderc/system.img+out/target/product/thunderc/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p total size is 183328621
    error: out/target/product/thunderc/system.img+out/target/product/thunderc/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p too large (183328621 > [177881088 - 1892352])
    make: *** [out/target/product/thunderc/system.img] Error 1
    make: *** Deleting file `out/target/product/thunderc/system.img'
    bdfull3r likes this.
    02-17-2012 09:21 PM
    Whoa. We obviously need to remove trebuchet,..

Well from download:

Apex= 1.1mb (smallest)
    Nova= 1.42 (mediumish)
    Well I decided to install all three and compare with the apk's uncompressed, all three are clean installs:

Apex= 696kb (largest)
    Trebuchet= 528kb (smallest)
    Nova= 480kb (mediumish)
    bdfull3r likes this.
    02-17-2012 09:30 PM
    Well here is the Trebuchet.apk editted. It is 1.14 MB... 80% smaller than it originally was. Maybe I could scale down other apps too
    bdfull3r, Jsadik and Badboytoast like this.
    02-17-2012 09:33 PM
    @anthonycr
    What did you all remove to re-size it?
    02-17-2012 09:37 PM
339 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD