03-01-2012 09:14 AM
339 ... 11121314
tools
    What ever you guys decide is ok by me, just note that I don't build pure...my builds are on the custom side to my liking.

On a side note, I had three PM's this morning to release my build. Please do not PM me for a release because this is the answer you will get:
    One alpha release is enough...there are still to many issues with the build at the present moment.
    Right now, I'm just trying to help out with improving it.
    When I feel it can be used on a daily bases, I'll post it.
    Also, if your building off my git, please use it for personal use...do not release it. Thanks!
    02-20-2012 05:15 AM
    Can someone help me here? I'm stumped. Building ICS from BobZHome's git..

Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm3.so', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libjackpal-androidterm3.so'.  Stop.
    I can't for the life of me find libjackpal-androidterm3.so anywhere..

EDIT: Nevermind. Added in tdm's files that he provided.

Seems to be working
    I yanked the CM proprietary stuff out from vendor/cm/config/common.mk:

Code:
     PRODUCT_COPY_FILES +=  \
    -    vendor/cm/proprietary/RomManager.apk:system/app/RomManager.apk \
    -    vendor/cm/proprietary/Term.apk:system/app/Term.apk \
    -    vendor/cm/proprietary/lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm3.so:system/lib/libjackpal-androidterm3
         vendor/cm/prebuilt/common/bootanimation.zip:system/media/bootanimation.zip
    Don't know if there's a better way, but I didn't want RomManager and there's several terminals in the market.
    rukin5197 and bdfull3r like this.
    02-20-2012 06:56 AM
    Ok this is really annoying. The 2.6.32 stable series is apparently maintained by opensuse on gitorious and does not exist in the mainline kernel repo.

So if we're gonna use github -- and we are -- then the first thing I need to do is fetch and merge the opensuse repo. I don't know if it's just bad timing or what, but gitorious.org is giving me network timeouts and all sorts of badness right now trying to do a fetch.

I did succeed in getting a good clone though. So I guess I'll try to use my local opensuse clone as a remote for the linux-2.6 repo to fetch.
    bdfull3r likes this.
    02-20-2012 08:19 AM
    Hey Bob, I can't for the life of me get data or wifi to work with your build..

EDIT: Got data to work.. no wifi though
    EDIT2: flashed drews kernel and got wifi working looks good Bob!
    02-20-2012 10:25 AM
    Now lupohirp and arjen say they have the camera working. They took clues from another phone's working camera, so I imagine we can follow suit (Blarf is the camera expert, he will know for sure).

[UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA3 WITH FULL HW/A] - Page 298 - xda-developers
    02-21-2012 05:42 AM
    Now lupohirp and arjen say they have the camera working. They took clues from another phone's working camera, so I imagine we can follow suit (Blarf is the camera expert, he will know for sure).

[UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA3 WITH FULL HW/A] - Page 298 - xda-developers
    Do you know arjen's git? Lupohirp only updates his git after a new release and arjen said he was going to be pushing it up that night.,

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    02-21-2012 02:39 PM
    Do you know arjen's git? Lupohirp only updates his git after a new release and arjen said he was going to be pushing it up that night.,

No I couldn't find arjen's, and from what he posted, I believe they both keep things under wraps and share with each other till whatever they are working on is stable. Makes sense, helps keep focus on the task at hand.
    02-21-2012 02:42 PM
    Finally got my build environment working on LeslieAnn's communuity server.

Thank You Very Much LeslieAnn!!!

Running BACKside-ICS 0.0.2 now, slimmed her down to 76mb so far. I started with CM9-ICS + tdm's dumps.

Thank You Very Much tdm!!!

I've spent most of the day making changes, adding in fixes, and getting a feel for the layout.

Thank You Very Much gannon!!!

Will be working on MMS tonite, and I'll post results.

Big thanks to drewwalton for gingerkernel!!!

Huge thanks to lupohirp and arjen for all their hard work, as well as the CM and AOSP teams, and many many more!

Will push changes to github soon, but they are mostly mirror everyone else's atm, I don't plan on porting the BACKside mods till we iron out some stuff.
    02-22-2012 06:26 PM
    This should get native USB and adb working like normal. Remember to turn on debugging. I'm still working on the wifi and airplane mode. Airplane modes switches fine when wifi isn't working. But the toggle hangs when wifi is active and working.

For adb and usb, sorry its part of some big commits. But these should get it working and remember to comment out the Usbstorage.apk.

https://github.com/thekraven/vendor_...it.thunderc.rc

https://github.com/thekraven/vendor_...ietary/init.rc
    This file, don't copy all the drm extra's, it breaks market downloads.

https://github.com/thekraven/android...BoardConfig.mk

https://github.com/thekraven/vendor_...derc-vendor.mk
    02-22-2012 09:37 PM
    Were you guys able to get GingerKernel (now iScream) to work on the V? If so, would you mind creating a new branch and submitting a pull request with any applicable changes? I'd like to keep the Optimus V version aligned with future iScream builds.
    notown and Masema like this.
    02-22-2012 10:52 PM
    Were you guys able to get GingerKernel (now iScream) to work on the V? If so, would you mind creating a new branch and submitting a pull request with any applicable changes? I'd like to keep the Optimus V version aligned with future iScream builds.
    Right now, I'm just using the your kernel itself, thank you very much btw!

tdm and BobZhome are working on porting it over to the OV, and tdm is looking at how far up the kernel line he can go with it.

We are discussing how we are going to organize IHO for the big push to IHO-ICS. PM's you details.
    clodfelterac, Masema and bdfull3r like this.
    02-23-2012 12:38 AM
    Running BACKside-ICS 0.0.2 now, slimmed her down to 76mb so far.
    WOW!!
    Since it was first born, it weighed in at well over 110MB. This ROM has been cut on a hugeee diet to 88.3MB on TDM's and then on another diet to ~76MB since Jerry got his hands on it.

That's one weird baby. Lol

I say thanks to all the developers who make the OV owners happier, now that ICS is coming.
    02-23-2012 12:56 AM
    Maybe we should name it Benjamin Button.
    02-23-2012 01:23 AM
    Maybe we should name it Benjamin Button.
    Lolol

Sent from your mom's phone.
    02-23-2012 01:54 AM
    You mean after my great great grandpa?
    (My last name is Button[not kidding])
    02-23-2012 05:06 AM
    Down to 65.6mb, now that's what I call slim-fast.
    02-23-2012 05:51 AM
    Lol I'm down to ~67mb. I'm working on it!

02-23-2012 06:06 AM
    That's about the size of BACKside, any slimmer, and it may lose functionality! [/poor punch line]
    02-23-2012 06:17 AM
    What exactly have you done to it?
    02-23-2012 10:18 AM
    This one should fix market downloads from my previous post.
    https://github.com/thekraven/vendor_...ietary/init.rc

Still airplane mode is a bugger.

And you can comment out in BoardConfig.mk
    #TARGET_PROVIDES_LIBRIL := true
    since we are still on the old LG basebands, it doesn't do anything anyway since we copy the proprietary files, and the libril doesn't get made.
    rukin5197 and JerryScript like this.
    02-23-2012 05:55 PM
    What exactly have you done to it?
    I removed all livewallpapers, all /system/media/videos, just left a few choices in /system/media/audio, removed bootanimation (the default android one shows instead, fine for now), cut down language and locals to just english and spanish (for now), removed two non-english keyboards, switched to gannon's Trebuchet, removed all TTS languages except english and spanish (for now), removed extra fonts, and till they are working I removed camera and video apps (that will add up to 10mb back in once they are working).

I think a complete but slimmed down package will end up weighing in at ~70mb, without gapps.

(if we can crib a script together that will scrub all xhdpi images, that would save a bunch, might as well do it for all non-mdpi resources if possible)
    02-24-2012 04:47 AM
    How small is gannon's trebuchet, cuz I slimmed it down to 1.14 mb and posted it quite a few pages back...

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus
    02-24-2012 09:21 AM
    im not a dev but i have an idea about the data 3g toggling issue. i posted this over in the quattrimus CM9 (ICS) thread. Knowing it has to be toggled off then on to work, would it be possible to write a script and run it through script manager at start up for a temp fix ?
    02-24-2012 09:49 AM
    Use the old airplane mode script that mmarz last year, it would run airplane mode for 10 secoonds at boot to prevent the twos 50% bug on stock roms, I will try to dig it up. Speaking of mmarz, what ever happened to him?

Edit:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=938677 I tested on iho and it works. Its an apk that does airplane mode at boot, you can give it a try

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    00_wrath_00 likes this.
    02-24-2012 10:03 AM
    gave it a try and it didnt work. thanks though.t a try and didnt work. if i knew how to write scripts id try that for a fix. but im assuming its alot more difficult to get it to work that way. ill keep trying different things and see what i can find that works.
    02-24-2012 10:57 AM
339 ... 11121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD