03-01-2012 08:14 AM
339 1234 ...
tools
    Sorry, for the bad quailty pictures...my wife and daughter took off to New York city for shopping and a cross country race tomorrow, and they took the good camera.
    Also this morning, I was in a rush to get out...didn't have time to talk.
    No, I have to push my changes to git still.
    Not much works on the phone and even the touch screen is not right.
    I believe part of the problem is that the proprietary files are not copying over to rom.
    ------------------------
    Edit: I believe that I have my git setup correctly for a ics build...I'm syncing with it now.
    I'll let you know how it comes out in the morning...hopefully no stops!
    konspiracy likes this.
    11-25-2011 04:56 PM
    I commend you on your progress, you have skill. Also my latest 7.2 build has had some touch screen accuracy problems. Off by at least a centimeter sometimes othertimes its perfect.

Is gpu acceleration enabled or disabled?
    11-25-2011 09:46 PM
    I commend you on your progress, you have skill. Also my latest 7.2 build has had some touch screen accuracy problems. Off by at least a centimeter sometimes othertimes its perfect.

Is gpu acceleration enabled or disabled?
    Are you using the kernel you built yourself? The ROM has never had an issue with touchscreen calibration, so I'm inclined to believe it's a kernel issue.
    11-25-2011 11:25 PM
    Each passing day, people are doing better with this. I'm playing around with Ice Cream Sandwich atm. It gets faster after every boot. Loving the style. :P

Props to Bobzhome, of course.
    11-26-2011 02:04 AM
    Well I used a touch screen calibration app and its saying its dead on. But It feels like its randomly hitting a little lower. Like I have my ram widget where it updates whenever I touch it. I have it on the bottom right corner and my dock has the web shortcut right below and if I touch the bottom corner of the widget it instead launches my browser. But sense I used that touchscreen app im more inclined to believe its user error lol.
    11-26-2011 03:24 AM
    Well I used a touch screen calibration app and its saying its dead on. But It feels like its randomly hitting a little lower. Like I have my ram widget where it updates whenever I touch it. I have it on the bottom right corner and my dock has the web shortcut right below and if I touch the bottom corner of the widget it instead launches my browser. But sense I used that touchscreen app im more inclined to believe its user error lol.
    Widget touch poinnts are sometimes off, especially if you resize them, its a launcher issue, not rom or kernel issue
    11-26-2011 08:06 AM
    Widget touch poinnts are sometimes off, especially if you resize them, its a launcher issue, not rom or kernel issue
    Try launcher pro! Its the only launcher I've used with no touch screen issues.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    11-26-2011 11:21 AM
    My current TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv6k-vfp
    I'm going to cherry-pick this: Gerrit Code Review and try it since it is armv6-vfp, which is what we have on the OV.
    If tonight's build works out good, I'm going to try this dalvik support: Gerrit Code Review on tomorrow night's build.
    11-26-2011 05:48 PM
    Does this mean, you have a working build. So is wifi, 3g and data is working. I saw pics of it thats awesome.
    11-26-2011 06:07 PM
    Does this mean, you have a working build. So is wifi, 3g and data is working. I saw pics of it thats awesome.
    As of now know we should be happy it boots lol .Great work Bob and the other devs working on this
    11-26-2011 07:37 PM
    Please do not clutter this thread with questions about if/when a ROM will be ready. When there is a ROM available, it will be announced in another thread.

Great work Bob! Makes me wish I didn't have to work the holidays so I could have helped out.
    Anonymo, pergerson6 and kcls like this.
    11-26-2011 07:49 PM
    I usually leave a backup of working code on an external ext 4 formatted hdd so that it can compile or be moved without losing it's permissions. last night i started applying changes to that and messed it up big time. Is there a way to use repo to fix that without having to wait four hours?

Also Bobzhome you've got alot of repositories what do I sync to get your changes? Git pull ?
    11-26-2011 08:37 PM
    I usually leave a backup of working code on an external ext 4 formatted hdd so that it can compile or be moved without losing it's permissions. last night i started applying changes to that and messed it up big time. Is there a way to use repo to fix that without having to wait four hours?
    there's a pretty good way.
    I have a slow connection so I have looked for every trick I can find.
    try in your source root directory where you would repo sync:
    Code:
    mv .repo ../
    rm -rf ./*
    mv ../.repo ./
    beware of the rm -rf my son, it can be used for good or evil but it has great power over both.
    for those unaware, rm -rf force deletes everything it's told to.
    in this case, it's told to delete everything in the current working directory.
    then repo sync like usual, it'll only download new changes, and when it gets to 100% and syncs working directories it copies everything back out of .repo
    bdfull3r likes this.
    11-26-2011 09:18 PM
    My current TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv6k-vfp
    I'm going to cherry-pick this: Gerrit Code Review and try it since it is armv6-vfp, which is what we have on the OV.
    If tonight's build works out good, I'm going to try this dalvik support: Gerrit Code Review on tomorrow night's build.
    kernel dmesg from lg GB kernel says the processor is armv6tej.... haven't seen that specific booger supported anywhere though.
    aosp has armv5te-vfp, but not armv6te-vfp. I like armv6k-vfp, I've also seen armv6j and plain armv6 patches linked on xda recently since ics source dropped. no armv6te dalvik though :/
    aosp webrtc doesn't support armv5te but works with armv6k fine. be interesting to see results from other variant.
    bdfull3r likes this.
    11-26-2011 09:41 PM

beware of the rm -rf my son, it can be used for good or evil but it has great power over both.
    yep. Just deleted the wrong thing.

LOL
    I've always wondered what would happen if you did a adb remount then rm -rf /

I'm currently doing a git clone on bobzhome repositories using this
    Code:
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/vendor_lge_thunderc.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_device_lge_thunderc.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_build.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_dalvik.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_frameworks_base.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/vendor_lge_gelato.git
    and then I'll merge it into my code
    bdfull3r likes this.
    11-26-2011 09:50 PM
    Git allows you to keep multiple repos together using branching. I'm just learning the ins-n-outs, so anyone that sees something wrong in what follows, please correct me!

cd ~/WORKING_DIR/android/device/lge/thunderc
    git checkout ics
    git remote add BobZhome git://github.com/BobZhome/android_device_lge_thunderc.git
    git fetch BobZhome
    git status
    (check things out, correct conflicts/fast-forwards/etc)
    git merge BobZhome ics
    git commit -a -m "Synced with BobZhome's ICS"

This should allow you to keep a working copy of Bob's stuff, without messing up your gingerbread branch. To switch back to gingerbread, git checkout gingerbread.
    11-26-2011 10:32 PM
    yep. Just deleted the wrong thing.

LOL
    I've always wondered what would happen if you did a adb remount then rm -rf /

I'm currently doing a git clone on bobzhome repositories using this
    Code:
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/vendor_lge_thunderc.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_device_lge_thunderc.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_build.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_dalvik.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_frameworks_base.git
    git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/vendor_lge_gelato.git
    and then I'll merge it into my code
    You don't need the following:
    android_frameworks_base.git > currently still using original, I haven't made any changes
    vendor_lge_gelato.git > different phones, currently only working on the VM670
    asadullah and bdfull3r like this.
    11-27-2011 08:00 AM
    Well im going to atempt building today. just so i can take a peak at whats going on. have you been able to build a arm6 version yet?
    11-27-2011 08:11 AM
    MAN, i wish i could help you guys... xD
    You guys have made alot of progress pretty fast. Keep it up!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    11-27-2011 08:29 AM
    You don't need the following:
    android_frameworks_base.git > currently still using original, I haven't made any changes
    vendor_lge_gelato.git > different phones, currently only working on the VM670
    Thanks I thought that was the slide but as I google I see it's the enlighten.
    11-27-2011 08:47 AM
    Well im going to atempt building today. just so i can take a peak at whats going on. have you been able to build a arm6 version yet?
    Yes, arm6 built with no stops/errors...but it didn't boot

Right now, my top issue is to get the proprietary files integrated correctly into the build.

Thanks I thought that was the slide but as I google I see it's the enlighten.
    The gelato board is for the Optimus Slider(Virgin Mobile) and Optimus Q(Straight Talk)...I'm not sure what board the Enlighten uses.
    Anonymo, drezliok, Whyzor and 2 others like this.
    11-27-2011 12:37 PM
    Yes, arm6 built with no stops/errors...but it didn't boot

Right now, my top issue is to get the proprietary files integrated correctly into the build.

The gelato board is for the Optimus Slider(Virgin Mobile) and Optimus Q(Straight Talk)...I'm not sure what board the Enlighten uses.
    Oh that must be what squid was talking about when he said his arm6 build wouldnt boot. Its not arm6 its
    armv6tej
    11-27-2011 12:48 PM
    Not to clutter the thread, but who all is working on this?
    11-27-2011 12:53 PM
    my armv6k-vfp and armv5te-vfp generic builds both booted to a certain point and then looped endlessly.
    Code:
    I/sysproc ( 1477): System server: starting Android runtime.
    I/sysproc ( 1477): System server: starting Android services.
    I/sysproc ( 1477): System server: entering thread pool.
    I/SystemServer( 1477): Entered the Android system server!
    I/SystemServer( 1477): Entropy Service
    F/libc    ( 1477): Fatal signal 7 (SIGBUS) at 0x00000000 (code=128)
    I/SystemServer( 1477): Power Manager
    The kernel says the processor is slightly different, the armv6tej, but I don't think that matters a whole lot.
    I found a reference on xda to debuggerd/vfp.S not supporting armv6-vfp causing bootloops after entropyservice, and how to modify it to work. thanks jaybob413
    I'm going to try that. For some stubborn reason I'd gain a lot more satisfaction basing a build off of generic aosp than plunking in some version of the existing thunderc folders and debugging them to work for ics. (or working from the cm repo like others getting functional builds; for the heroc and Bob's build are good examples)
    I couldn't even get those folders to work in aosp gingerbread, and they've changed things up in the build system so much that I can't even get it to build the kernel with the rom anymore until I find another way to do this in AndroidBoard.mk (I borrowed it from the qualcomm surf-msm7627 device in CAF gingerbread repo):
    Code:
    #----------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Compile Linux Kernel
    #----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ifeq ($(KERNEL_DEFCONFIG),)
        KERNEL_DEFCONFIG := thunderc-sprint-perf_defconfig
    endif

include kernel/AndroidKernel.mk

file := $(INSTALLED_KERNEL_TARGET)
    ALL_PREBUILT += $(file)
    $(file) : $(TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL) | $(ACP)
    	$(transform-prebuilt-to-target)
    which now gives this error:
    Code:
    ============================================
    build/core/main.mk:536: *** Some files have been added to ALL_PREBUILT.
    build/core/main.mk:537: *
    build/core/main.mk:538: * ALL_PREBUILT is a deprecated mechanism that
    build/core/main.mk:539: * should not be used for new files.
    build/core/main.mk:540: * As an alternative, use PRODUCT_COPY_FILES in
    build/core/main.mk:541: * the appropriate product definition.
    build/core/main.mk:542: * build/target/product/core.mk is the product
    build/core/main.mk:543: * definition used in all products.
    build/core/main.mk:544: *
    build/core/main.mk:545: * unexpected oprofile.ko in ALL_PREBUILT
    build/core/main.mk:546: *
    build/core/main.mk:547: *** ALL_PREBUILT contains unexpected files.  Stop.
    I don't want to build the kernel seperately, I want the hooks into the kernel headers to work. And I need to incorporate the touchscreen and accelerometer fixes for ics (thanks vienti) into the kernel so it needs to be rebuilt anyway.
    edit: I submitted it to http://groups.google.com/group/android-building to see if someone knows of a solution, since ICS is too new for me to get many relevant search results to oddball problems. First post there, hopefully I'm not eaten alive for overlooking something stupid!
    11-27-2011 01:10 PM
    How are things squid? keep us in the know it helps noob builders like me and people who google these problems.
    11-27-2011 06:37 PM
339 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD