03-01-2012 08:14 AM
339 ... 45678 ...
tools
    They're not giving up! If you look at the git, you can see they're doing something with ICS
    Thanks you! If any ics rom is up please post it here thanks!!!
    01-08-2012 10:35 PM
    Wooo ics!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT TO FLASH THIS !!!!!!!! Where is the download LINK????
    01-12-2012 03:10 AM
    No download link. This isn't completed yet. Look people, please stop posting here. This is a developer thread. If you have something to contribute to ICS for the V, by all means, post. But try to limit, like it says in the OP, the comments asking for a ROM and "woohoo" comments. Thanks.

Plus, I keep getting false hope when this thread jumps to the top

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    01-12-2012 06:00 AM
    We are all hoping for some progress. Sorry to keep bloating the thread but all of us are anxious and like to know the project hasnt died if there arent new posts
    01-12-2012 07:49 PM
    I'd say the best way to keep ICS/Cm9 hopes alive is to donate to Blarf.
    mrg666 and kcls like this.
    01-12-2012 09:06 PM
    hey guys ive been looking at thisICE CREAM SANDWICH PORTS [Progress Report] 9th January 2012 - 60 Models - xda-developers and the lg gt540 optimus has an ics beta 3 out.. isnt that model similar to ours? and even older. idk maybe this will help?
    bdfull3r likes this.
    01-14-2012 05:11 AM
    hey guys ive been looking at thisICE CREAM SANDWICH PORTS [Progress Report] 9th January 2012 - 60 Models - xda-developers and the lg gt540 optimus has an ics beta 3 out.. isnt that model similar to ours? and even older. idk maybe this will help?
    Sorry, its GSM, ours is closer to the Hero cdma version as far as compatibility goes.
    01-14-2012 05:49 AM
    oh .. idk i just thought it would help sorry. hopes all going well here. and not forgotten
    01-14-2012 06:05 AM
    Just an update, I talked about this in the other thread, and now it's happening.

The Android Central Optimus V Community ICS Build Server is now up and running.
    TDM is putting the finishing touches on it. I ended up working a lot last week, and caught a cold this week (yay), so it got delayed a bit.

The idea is that you guys can log in through SSH and use it to build ICS faster and without bogging down your own systems. With this, you can build from anywhere you have internet and an ssh client, even your phone. I'm not going to let just anyone use it, just the core people building and working on ICS, this will limit the number using it and keep it running fast.

I'll have more once we get it finished, but it is coming.
    Thanks for your efforts guys.
    01-15-2012 12:50 AM
    Wow this sounds great, I didn't want to try ics cause of this reason. Great work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-15-2012 01:41 AM
    Sorry, its GSM, ours is closer to the Hero cdma version as far as compatibility goes.
    Isn't the radio controlled by the kernel though? Not that I've built roms or kernels, but can't the functioning cdma radio be pulled and put into a custom kernel then port the compatible parts from the gt540 optimus? Just my thought, but could be a mile off.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
    01-15-2012 10:00 PM
    Unfortunately, it's not that way. We cannot figure out how to flash the radio on the OV. Whyzor spent about a month experimenting, ended up bricking his OV beyond repair, and had to buy a new phone. I don't recommend experimenting with the radio unless you don't mind ruining your phone.

The only chance is to get LG to release full source, but they have only barely release what is required.
    Jsadik likes this.
    01-16-2012 03:45 AM
    Unfortunately, it's not that way. We cannot figure out how to flash the radio on the OV. Whyzor spent about a month experimenting, ended up bricking his OV beyond repair, and had to buy a new phone. I don't recommend experimenting with the radio unless you don't mind ruining your phone.

The only chance is to get LG to release full source, but they have only barely release what is required.
    Yeah LG's recovery flashes radios in some non-obvious way. What they REALLY need to do is release their recovery source.
    Jsadik likes this.
    01-16-2012 12:09 PM
    Whyzor spent about a month experimenting, ended up bricking his OV beyond repair, and had to buy a new phone.
    You must've confused me with another legendary developer I've never bricked a phone (yet), *knock on wood*. Good luck on getting ICS on the OV! And if you're so inclined, come help us out for the MT!
    01-16-2012 12:40 PM
    Oops, it was bigsupersquid.
    01-16-2012 02:59 PM
    The Android Central Optimus V Community ICS Build Server is now up and running.
    TDM is putting the finishing touches on it. I ended up working a lot last week, and caught a cold this week (yay), so it got delayed a bit.
    I think I've got it pretty much ready. Android SDK, NDK, repo script, and most all the trimmings are installed. The default login has the SDK and NDK in the PATH and ccache is setup to be enabled and shared. Initial build of IHO gingerbread otapackage with a cold ccache took 23m44s. Nice!

Note: in order to properly share the ccache, users' main group should be "users". This can be done with the the -g option to useradd and verified by running "id" at a prompt.

I saved a snapshot of the IHO tree in /usr/local/src in hopes that it will save time and bandwidth when others setup their repos. I'm not sure how this will work out but I figured it was worth a shot since initial sync sucks down around 4gb of data, takes quite a long time, and can be rather temperamental. Note that gingerbread was the checkout branch so you'll need to switch branches to work on ICS.

Additionally, for those who want to use this box, I would strongly recommend using rsync to pull the files you build to your local machine. It will drastically cut down the time it takes to fetch files and save bandwidth as well. If you aren't familiar with rsync, there should be tons of info available on it, just use google.

For those maintaining their own Linux build machines: the process was made a bit challenging by the removal of the sun-java6-* packages from the official Ubuntu repos (google "ubuntu sun java license" for details). Looks like someone stepped up to the plate and wrote a nice script to automate installing these, see here: Flexion.Org Blog Install Sun Java 6 JRE and JDK from .deb packages Flexion.Org Blog I've placed the resulting deb packages (and some other goodies) in /usr/local/src on LeslieAnn's box so others won't have to go through that pain.

Finally, i'll let LeslieAnn announce the address of the box once she's satisfied that it's good to go.

Thanks again to LeslieAnn for her generous donation!
    Jsadik likes this.
    01-16-2012 03:06 PM
    Device(s): Optimus V || Nook Color
    ROM/Kernel: IHOCM7.2 || CM7 Nightlies
    Theme: MIUI || ICS
    My Next Device: Optimus Black? GNex?
    Go here (Index of /android/Encore/Nightlies/CM9) for the latest CM9 Nightlies for the Nook. I'm running the new. Everything works great. That is where you go if you want to get some of that Ice Cream-y goodness in your Nook (nerd sultriness ;D). Anyways, That is the server hosted by Samiam303 of XDA. He also nightly builds the recovery and in the "Misc" section has GApps, a Boot Animation fix, and a Telephony fix which allows you to download apps that require phone-permission access.
    01-16-2012 06:07 PM
    So WHEN we get ICS on here is it goinggb to have the on screen soft keys? I haven't seen Amy devices with hard buttons running ICS yet. Not sure if that's a requirement or can be removed depending on device. It would kinda kill or real estate if its there.

01-16-2012 07:17 PM
    So WHEN we get ICS on here is it goinggb to have the on screen soft keys? I haven't seen Amy devices with hard buttons running ICS yet. Not sure if that's a requirement or can be removed depending on device. It would kinda kill or real estate if its there.

I read those can be removed.
    01-16-2012 07:29 PM
    Go here (Index of /android/Encore/Nightlies/CM9) for the latest CM9 Nightlies for the Nook. I'm running the new. Everything works great. That is where you go if you want to get some of that Ice Cream-y goodness in your Nook (nerd sultriness ;D). Anyways, That is the server hosted by Samiam303 of XDA. He also nightly builds the recovery and in the "Misc" section has GApps, a Boot Animation fix, and a Telephony fix which allows you to download apps that require phone-permission access.
    Ha! I actually built ICS myself for my nook, I just haven't updated that yet. Thanks for pointing that out!
    01-16-2012 08:46 PM
    Build server [HL]thread [/HL]is now up.
    Reserve your spot!

After seeing how fast TDM built GB in it, I'm also allowing IHO devs to build with it as well.
    markusf21 and Jsadik like this.
    01-16-2012 08:51 PM
    I am definitely not a Dev but thank you very much for this LeslieAnn and tdm
    01-16-2012 09:02 PM
    Now that I've gotten a few IHO GB builds and tweaks under my belt and LeslieAnn has her awesome build server up and running, I'm ready to dip my toes into building ICS. Could someone bring me up to speed on how to setup, what's been done, what's working and not working, etc?

blarf said he thought his repo built and booted but I am seeing this:

Syncing work tree: 100% (233/233) error: revision refs/heads/ics in inferiorhumanorgans/vendor_lge_thunderc not found
    01-17-2012 12:06 AM
    I would go through this thread, and concentrate on bigsupersquid's posts. He documented alot of the work, especially early on. Most of the links should at least take you to the right area to find more current info on each project. The main issue is that ICS dropped without armv6 support, the links I mentioned will take you to several attempts at working that out, as well as various libs/binaries compiled for armv6.

I believe Blarf put it on hold till CM works out some of their kinks. Don't know of anyone attempting a vanilla aosp ics build for the OV at this point (I gave up when I found the lack of armv6 support, figure I might have to wait for CM9).
    01-17-2012 12:41 AM
    I would go through this thread, and concentrate on bigsupersquid's posts. He documented alot of the work, especially early on. Most of the links should at least take you to the right area to find more current info on each project. The main issue is that ICS dropped without armv6 support, the links I mentioned will take you to several attempts at working that out, as well as various libs/binaries compiled for armv6.

I believe Blarf put it on hold till CM works out some of their kinks. Don't know of anyone attempting a vanilla aosp ics build for the OV at this point (I gave up when I found the lack of armv6 support, figure I might have to wait for CM9).
    Well, the thing I need first is a working code branch and lunch combo. I don't know what folks were using to start work earlier.

I've initted and synced a fresh copy of iho using ics for the branch name. The sync initially failed because vendor/lge/thunderc doesn't have an ics branch. blarf suggested using the gingerbread branch since it's proprietary binaries anyway, so I added revision="refs/heads/gingerbread" to the entry in .repo/manifests/default.xml.

Now on my lunch menu I don't see any VM670 entries. I do see cm_thunderc-eng but I figured that was unrelated.
    01-18-2012 10:47 PM
339 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD