03-01-2012 08:14 AM
339 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Well, the thing I need first is a working code branch and lunch combo. I don't know what folks were using to start work earlier.

I've initted and synced a fresh copy of iho using ics for the branch name. The sync initially failed because vendor/lge/thunderc doesn't have an ics branch. blarf suggested using the gingerbread branch since it's proprietary binaries anyway, so I added revision="refs/heads/gingerbread" to the entry in .repo/manifests/default.xml.

Now on my lunch menu I don't see any VM670 entries. I do see cm_thunderc-eng but I figured that was unrelated.
    I believe that Blarf was working with an eng build, but I don't think he committed all his changes. You probably should check Bob's repo as well, I believe he pulled in more stuff from various projects.
    01-18-2012 10:51 PM
    Oh, and a noob git question: when I use repo to checkout a branch, then go into an individual repo and run "git branch" it always says "* (no branch)" instead of showing me the branch that I checked out. And when I run "git status", it says "# Not currently on any branch". But running "git branch -a" shows something like this:

Code:
    * (no branch)
      remotes/github/eclair
      remotes/github/froyo
      remotes/github/froyo-stable
      remotes/github/gingerbread
      remotes/github/gingerbread-release
      remotes/github/ics
      remotes/github/master
      remotes/m/gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
    I thought that the branch I had checked out would be the current branch. What exactly is going on and what is git trying to tell me?
    01-18-2012 10:54 PM
    Repo is not perfect, but it's a huge time saver!

Since you never performed an actual git init in that directory, it's not completely set up. Right after initial sync, go into the folder and do git checkout <branchname>, then add remotes, and commit as needed. If you are syncing your own repo, once you do a first push after syncing, you should have branches working properly. It's something to do with the head-master state, but it's beyond me to explain, I just kinda know how to deal with it.
    tdm likes this.
    01-19-2012 12:27 AM
    May need 'git checkout -b ics' since your local repo doesnt have that branch yet. Also 'gingerbread' and 'ics' branch names are case sensitive and has to match the remotes for pushing later. I just encountered this recently too.
    01-19-2012 01:11 AM
    Don't know if this falls under the cluttering, but what is working so far? I know we've got it booting, judging by the pictures, but do we have touch screen? Hw acceleration? Etc.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    01-19-2012 07:25 PM
    Our phone's cousin (Optimus One/P500/GSM) got a little taste of Google's latest dessert.
    [UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[ALPHA2] - xda-developers
    r00t and Jsadik like this.
    01-22-2012 06:47 PM
    Thread has been cleaned.

Further trolling will get a quick, and permanent ban.

Carry on developers.
    01-23-2012 09:34 PM
    mod edit: trolling post removed
    01-24-2012 06:13 PM
    mod edit: trolling post removed
    01-24-2012 07:07 PM
    Thread has been cleaned.

Further trolling will get a quick, and permanent ban.

Carry on developers.
    This was not a joke.

Now that the problem is gone, back on topic
    01-24-2012 07:16 PM
    now that im got my broken linux back up and did a test build, id like to help with the build. is there a repo i would sync with or do i have to cherry pick?

Thank you devs, for your hard work. rell is a dumbass and has no clue what he is talking about.
    01-24-2012 08:50 PM
    now that im got my broken linux back up and did a test build, id like to help with the build. is there a repo i would sync with or do i have to cherry pick?

Thank you devs, for your hard work. rell is a dumbass and has no clue what he is talking about.
    if you read through this thread, you will find all the information you need. We seem to get up to the point where we have to run "lunch" and select our model. Although I just seen that Jerry posted that blarf won't be making any progress until CM fixes their bugs so...

01-24-2012 09:12 PM

look for bobzhome tdm and jerryscript in github and there's another guy that has a very stable build in the p500 section at xda
    01-24-2012 09:24 PM
    Will do when I get a chance. Thanks for your help
    01-25-2012 02:27 PM
    alright im using the iho ics branch on github. when i run lunch i get a bunch of devices ive never heard of so i select the one that says thunderc in it. it builds for a while then stops when i run make otapackage and make -j2 bacon. at the moment im trying make -j1 bacon. is the error a known one that has a fix or is that what you are working on? i was under the impression that we could get a .zip
    01-25-2012 08:01 PM
    looks to be the same error. here is a screenshot
    01-25-2012 08:07 PM
    @sellers86 If you've never built before your best bet is to build a gingerbread build that way you get a win under your belt and you can look through the files to see what everything is and where things go. Also reading error reports is a good thing.
    01-25-2012 09:06 PM
    I've been thinking and could we build from luphirps git? (The guy who ported CM9 to the optimus one) our phones are indeed similar and would just take some edits to make it bootable, if I'm not mistaken.

01-25-2012 09:28 PM
    @sellers86 If you've never built before your best bet is to build a gingerbread build that way you get a win under your belt and you can look through the files to see what everything is and where things go. Also reading error reports is a good thing.
    I have built. a couple of times actually its just every time im about to tweak and post it on here my install breaks and i lose the rom. where are the error reports at. on the terminal its reporting it as error 1 and im not sure where to find the report on where it actually goes wrong.
    01-25-2012 09:55 PM
    I've been thinking and could we build from luphirps git? (The guy who ported CM9 to the optimus one) our phones are indeed similar and would just take some edits to make it bootable, if I'm not mistaken.

It was talked about a couple of pages back. Yes they are similar but we havent been able to figure out how to flash the radio over to cdma. so even if we could get it to boot it would be useless
    01-25-2012 09:58 PM
    It was talked about a couple of pages back. Yes they are similar but we havent been able to figure out how to flash the radio over to cdma. so even if we could get it to boot it would be useless
    Well we could use it as more of a proof of concept for the time being, until we have a working ROM. Just my 2&#162;

01-25-2012 10:01 PM
    Well we could use it as more of a proof of concept for the time being, until we have a working ROM. Just my 2

Oh yeah I understand. Makes sense
    01-25-2012 10:21 PM
    bacon
    ICS has BACON? Mmmmm bacon

Well we could use it as more of a proof of concept for the time being, until we have a working ROM. Just my 2
    +1 wifi only version would be awesome to play with and it may encourage more devs to help out after they see it on the phone
    01-26-2012 11:06 AM
    there trying to get ICS working on the Triumph over on AndroidForums. dunno if this was brought up here (i wont search almost 20 pages)

but CM9 has drivers and stuff for the MSM7xxx SoCs, maybe you can get hardware acceleration going for the OV?

or maybe youve done it already, i actually dont know the progress of the rom over here.

good luck guys!
    01-26-2012 01:28 PM
    ICS has BACON? Mmmmm bacon
    haha its the command we use to start the build. I always wonder where they come up with these odd terms haha. To select the model we run lunch?! haha
    01-26-2012 02:00 PM
339 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD