[DEV][WIP]Building ICS for the OV

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
We are definitely going to have to put this girl on a diet!

After removing the bloat I've mentioned previously, and installing and updating gapps, I only have 720K left in system according to df. Everything else looks fine, plenty of space elsewhere.

We may need to change the install location of some apps out of system/app. I realize it means taking up some user app space in data, but we could completely remove some apps and let users download and install them to the location of their choosing.

Sheesh what a heifer! ;)

Reactions: Masema

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

After removing the bloat I've mentioned previously, and installing and updating gapps, I only have 720K left in system according to df. Everything else looks fine, plenty of space elsewhere.

We may need to change the install location of some apps out of system/app. I realize it means taking up some user app space in data, but we could completely remove some apps and let users download and install them to the location of their choosing.

Sheesh what a heifer! ;)

I agree wth you completely! It makes it difficult to play around with the insides and what not.

And I second that other part as well! Lol remove the un"needed" apps and put them in a zip for a separate download
Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Reactions: Masema

tmu192

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

Sheesh what a heifer! ;)

could you guy post a link in this thread to the rom when it's finished? i've been following this thread for a couple days now.. waiting for 3g to work. seems like you guys are almost done! great work! :)

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's to build. If you're not building from source, you don't need or want it. ;)

I'm sure I understand you built from lupohirp's source and changed all the files in this..?
I'm wanting to possibly, maybe, port this over to at least one of the other Optimus devices.
Although I'm a total noob at git :)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure I understand you built from lupohirp's source and changed all the files in this..?
I'm wanting to possibly, maybe, port this over to at least one of the other Optimus devices.
Although I'm a total noob at git :)

I originally got these files from lupohirp's github. I changed them around to build on the OV. The rest of the build is straight cm9 (well, except that patch to fix webrtc).

Note it looks like lupohirp has since removed his repos, so it's a good thing I got a copy when I did.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I originally got these files from lupohirp's github. I changed them around to build on the OV. The rest of the build is straight cm9 (well, except that patch to fix webrtc).

Note it looks like lupohirp has since removed his repos, so it's a good thing I got a copy when I did.

Actually it looks like he may be restructuring. See this: https://github.com/lupohirp/LGP500-ics-device-folder

EDIT: And see this too: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22614512&postcount=2821

Reactions: tdm and JerryScript

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
So i'm getting this at the end of the build process. Is this common or just me? I get the thunderc-ota-eng.thekraven.zip file but not the user one.

Code:
building image from target_files BOOT...
  running:  mkbootfs /tmp/targetfiles-qUop1h/BOOT/RAMDISK
  running:  minigzip
  running:  mkbootimg --kernel /tmp/targetfiles-qUop1h/BOOT/kernel --cmdline mem=471M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=thunderc --base 0x12200000 --pagesize 2048 --ramdisk /tmp/tmpy4fksA --output /tmp/tmpnRLsCA
  running:  openssl pkcs8 -in build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 -inform DER -nocrypt
  running:  java -Xmx2048m -jar out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar -w build/target/product/security/testkey.x509.pem build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 /tmp/tmpEcp4lq out/target/product/thunderc/thunderc-ota-eng.thekraven.zip
done.
/home/thekraven/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/thunderc-ota-user.thekraven.zip doesn't exist!
make: *** [bacon] Error 1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't have time to get these in order and push to github today. But I promised, so I just created a drop instead.

Here it is. I'll get this up on github soon, I promise. This is just in case anyone wants to get a jump on building in the meantime.

You Rock!

I understand getting things organized for a proper push! Half my commits contain fixes to other commits that I forget to push by themselves! ;)

Take your time, appreciate the dump!

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So i'm getting this at the end of the build process. Is this common or just me? I get the thunderc-ota-eng.thekraven.zip file but not the user one.

Code:
  running:  mkbootimg --kernel /tmp/targetfiles-qUop1h/BOOT/kernel --cmdline mem=471M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=thunderc --base 0x12200000 --pagesize 2048 --ramdisk /tmp/tmpy4fksA --output /tmp/tmpnRLsCA
  running:  openssl pkcs8 -in build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 -inform DER -nocrypt
  running:  java -Xmx2048m -jar out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar -w build/target/product/security/testkey.x509.pem build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 /tmp/tmpEcp4lq out/target/product/thunderc/thunderc-ota-eng.thekraven.zip
done.
/home/thekraven/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/thunderc-ota-user.thekraven.zip doesn't exist!

Never saw that before. Very strange... :confused:

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts on these items:
# Optional CM packages
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
VideoEditor \ <---Gone
VoiceDialer \ <---I would like to keep in
Basic \ <---What is this?
HoloSpiralWallpaper \ <---Gone
MagicSmokeWallpapers \ <---Gone
NoiseField \ <---What is this?
Galaxy4 \ <---What is this?
LiveWallpapers \ <---Gone
LiveWallpapersPicker \ <---Staying
VisualizationWallpapers \ <---Gone
PhaseBeam <---What is this?

# Custom CM packages
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
Trebuchet \ <---I feel we need
CMStats \ <---I feel we need
DSPManager \ <---I would like to take out
libcyanogen-dsp \ <---I would like to take out
audio_effects.conf <---I would like to take out

Reactions: Anonymo and tdm

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
# Optional CM packages
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
VideoEditor \ <---Gone

# Custom CM packages
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \

Phase beam> live wallpaper
Galaxy4> live wallpaper
Noise field>I believe something to do with live wallpaper

Reactions: Anonymo and tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
# Optional CM packages
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
VideoEditor \ <---Gone

# Custom CM packages
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \

Thanks.

I've removed these in my build: Development, SpareParts, VideoEditor, HoloSpiralwallpaper, MagicSmokeWallpaper, LiveWallpapers, VisualizationWallpapers, and CMStats.

What is in CMStats that we need? It looks small so I don't have a problem including it.

I'll look at removing some of the others. I assumed the CM audio stuff was needed, but if it's not, I'll consider taking it out. Every little bit helps but It's only about 178k total.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

I've removed these in my build: Development, SpareParts, VideoEditor, HoloSpiralwallpaper, MagicSmokeWallpaper, LiveWallpapers, VisualizationWallpapers, and CMStats.

What is in CMStats that we need? It looks small so I don't have a problem including it.

I'll look at removing some of the others. I assumed the CM audio stuff was needed, but if it's not, I'll consider taking it out. Every little bit helps but It's only about 178k total.

I took out some microphone files on my gapps edit, so if you happen to include (or get working, for that matter) microphone or other apps, please let me know :)

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
CMstats pushes info here: CMStats
It's tiny and I like seeing our unofficial builds with more installs than there elite phones :cool:

EDIT:
you may have issues with Development and SpareParts...they are listed here:
# Required CM packages
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
Camera \
Development \
LatinIME \
SpareParts \
Superuser \
Superuser.apk \
su

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Code:
done.

Just ran into that myself. I think it has to do with the bacon target, as I've previously built otapackage.

I'll try to figure out what's going on.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Maybe some a sync added that. I'll try a make clobber and see what happens.

From lupohirps, they have a mic fixer zip from cyrix, but I can't find the source to the fixes. Maybe it was from their beta1. I've tested it and it does fix mic apps like grooveip and voice dialer. But headset mic is not working, only handset mic and earphones. CM7 folks would love that combo.

Reactions: JerryScript

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie