Airplane mode?

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
i was on the market yesterday and saw an app that looked intriguing. it was called "auto airplane mode" and i guess its supposed to turn on the airplane mode while the phone screen is off to conserve battery life. have any of u guys tried something like this, and if so does it rally work? lol. i tried it out for giggles, and i didnt like the face that i couldnt get any calls, texts or anything while it is in airplane mode :/

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Well that wouldn't be so handy, as that means when your phone screen was off, you wouldn't be able to receive any texts or calls.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
the trick does work, but like was said, it cuts the phone off from the network.

it's great for running adware, and i've gotten around 1 week of phone-on time with about 30% of the battery used with airplane mode on constantly. (my phone service was waiting for a payment) and, I was running aospCmod cm7 at the time (not known for great battery life)

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Just turning off 3G data saves most of the battery drain while screen is off. Having just the cellphone idle takes very little battery (and allows phone calls & SMS to go through).

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
i actually have an app (dont know the name of it) that auto connects to my home wifi. with cpu governors set ( i have mine set differently than the norm) i actually get awesome battery life. was curious about this airplane mode trick, but seeming that it removes the phone from the network isnt very practical...unless youre talking about overnight usuage when the phone is idle in the first place :) thanks for the info though guys!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty