Touchwiz?

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to get touchwiz 4 working on the V? The screen resolution appears to be bigger than it's supposed to be, so everything is out of place. :-\

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
probably not.

you can get a touchwize-like Launcher

actual touchwiz from samsung is integrated deep into android and you cant add it to other phones.

you can get a 4 icon dock launcher/home replacement and a Touchwiz theme for CM7 and youll almost never know the difference. save for some samsung only widgets and stuff.

a 4 icon dock I recommend is "ADW.MIUI" launcher, you can then disable the "iphone" icons, and use the default android icons, and still have the 4 icon dock.

also, if your running CM7/IHO (which if you arent.... do so, your really missing out) you can install the "Touchwizzed" theme. its got the status bar themed, all icons themed, menus, notification shade. lots more. it really helps sell the "touchwiz" look when combined with a 4 icon dock.

if you dont want to do that stuff, then no, you wont get any kind of touchwiz like experience any other way. it wont be ported, in the same way you cant port Sense to other phones. its built deeper into android than you think and cannot just be cut and pasted into other phones

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
probably not.

actual touchwiz from samsung is integrated deep into android and you cant add it to other phones.

you can get a 4 icon dock launcher/home replacement and a Touchwiz theme for CM7 and youll almost never know the difference. save for some samsung only widgets and stuff.

a 4 icon dock I recommend is "ADW.MIUI" launcher, you can then disable the "iphone" icons, and use the default android icons, and still have the 4 icon dock.

also, if your running CM7/IHO (which if you arent.... do so, your really missing out) you can install the "Touchwizzed" theme. its got the status bar themed, all icons themed, menus, notification shade. lots more. it really helps sell the "touchwiz" look when combined with a 4 icon dock.

if you dont want to do that stuff, then no, you wont get any kind of touchwiz like experience any other way. it wont be ported, in the same way you cant port Sense to other phones. its built deeper into android than you think and cannot just be cut and pasted into other phones
How can I get the touchwizzed statusbar and dock? Any help? Because helauncher 2 isn't even close to it.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
@watskyhotsky, there is a touchwiz launcher available for download here, but it's only available for armv7 processors. Any way of porting this?

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
probably not.

Along with touchwiz, what about the LG launcher for phones like optimus black?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i was using that TWlauncher 4.5 beta on my Triumph (1ghz snapdragon) and no, dont use that. its super buggy, laggy, just bad all around.

ADW.MIUI is the best 4 icon dock launcher available. i know of some others, notably qqlauncher, tencent desktop, and others, but they dont work properly on the V.

as for the Lg launcher, heres this. I simply searched "LG Launcher" into google..........

LG’s Launcher Ported to Other Devices

seems easy enough if you want to use it for the app drawer stuff

if you just want the dock look, its easier to get that dock image as a .png and use it as the dock background in LauncherPro. BAM!! LG dock!

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Found a working Touchwiz launcher for smaller phones(MDPI). I simply search Tw3launcher, lol. Works perfectly, no dock backround, just the floating icons from the Galaxy and phones of that nature.
Touchwiz3 Launcher for the Spica [MDPI screen] - xda-developers

attachment.php
Dock is changable through the app drawer also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer