Restoring Optimus V to Stock for battery charging

flagcitysteelers

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, if my understanding of the way the battery charges is correct, when you reset the battery stats, the phone thinks it's at full charge. Because I did this when changing roms not realizing this, I'm afraid I may not be getting the best use of my battery. I understand that to fix this, you can just turn off the phone and let it get a good full charge & THEN reset the battery stats. Since I'm running the IHO CM7, I can't really turn off the phone & don't have a spare or an external charger to do this.
If this IS in fact the case, I guess I need to go back to a stock system temporarily to fix this.
There are files available from How to: Return your Optimus V to Stock(Tested working) to do this.
I guess I don't want to screw anything up (aka brick) by doing something stupid.
Can I just restore my nandroid backup & then the image from the above link for the 'stock recovery'?
Remember the only purpose is for battery charging. I looked for a post discussing this but couldn't find anything. As a side note, I got this phone about a week ago and have since tried 2 roms, 3 recoveries, am using the Darktremor A2SD, got the MSL and change PRL. I absolutely LOVE this phone. I also got the force closes from installing the swype 3.0 beta. Funny, as the IHO CM7 rom didn't have it but in any case had to extract from the 1st NAND, change some settings in a init.d file, I think & was good to go.. Sorry for going off topic.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, if my understanding of the way the battery charges is correct, when you reset the battery stats, the phone thinks it's at full charge. Because I did this when changing roms not realizing this, I'm afraid I may not be getting the best use of my battery. I understand that to fix this, you can just turn off the phone and let it get a good full charge & THEN reset the battery stats. Since I'm running the IHO CM7, I can't really turn off the phone & don't have a spare or an external charger to do this.
If this IS in fact the case, I guess I need to go back to a stock system temporarily to fix this.
There are files available from How to: Return your Optimus V to Stock(Tested working) to do this.
I guess I don't want to screw anything up (aka brick) by doing something stupid.
Can I just restore my nandroid backup & then the image from the above link for the 'stock recovery'?
Remember the only purpose is for battery charging. I looked for a post discussing this but couldn't find anything. As a side note, I got this phone about a week ago and have since tried 2 roms, 3 recoveries, am using the Darktremor A2SD, got the MSL and change PRL. I absolutely LOVE this phone. I also got the force closes from installing the swype 3.0 beta. Funny, as the IHO CM7 rom didn't have it but in any case had to extract from the 1st NAND, change some settings in a init.d file, I think & was good to go.. Sorry for going off topic.
You could, yes. Or you can charge your phone via recovery. It charges pretty fast in recovery too, using less resources and all unlike Droid.

Last edited:

flagcitysteelers

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Does it do a full charge if the stats are messed up? I thought it uses those to know when to stop unless the phone is completely off. I know I did that and it DOES charge a lot faster, but it was fairly warm for a while then seemed to turn off the charge & was later cool to the touch.. I just don't understand this too well..

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Does it do a full charge if the stats are messed up? I thought it uses those to know when to stop unless the phone is completely off. I know I did that and it DOES charge a lot faster, but it was fairly warm for a while then seemed to turn off the charge & was later cool to the touch.. I just don't understand this too well..

Could be your charger, but yeah. It works.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

flagcitysteelers

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It WORKED! No, what happens witht the other custom roms is that it would start the phone whenever the usb was plugged into a charger OR into a computer. Maybe this is a protective measure or something to make sure debug mode is on?? Anyway, thanks a million. Now after the charge, I can reset the battery stats & restore the nandroid. Since this is the first time I've done this, I hope that goes well. I have quite a few so, I'd think I should be good. Thank's again!!

flagcitysteelers

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I restored the IHO CM7 Nandroid after the full charge, reset battery stats, booted & played Audio galaxy for a full 6 hours - mostly on 3G before I got a full cycle. I'd say that's great. I'm amazed at how much more efficient this phone is than my old WM6.5 Snap with the same 1500Mh battery. (And much smaller screen).. Anyways, I did see some more specifics that should apply to any phone if correct here: Reset Battery Indicator ? MIUI-Au for HTC Desire
Thanks again everyone for the help.