**LG Optimus V 2.2.2 Root, Recovery, Rom, + Bonus Tutorial**

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Can't think of anything regarding your new issues. Here's the thread where ROM-specific tech support could likely be found for the Android version you currently have installed: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...inferior-human-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a.html

Are all of your other files on the SD card showing up and functioning normally, i.e. music, pictures, etc?

I did have an odd issue once with USB mounting. Have you tried plugging into a different USB port? On a laptop I used to have, out of the blue, one of the USB ports just wouldn't recognize the phone when I plugged it in. It's a long-shot but worth a try. Might be worth it to re-install the LG USB drivers also. Will see if I can dig them up on here..

Here are the USB drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/?k643dag6x7s7dl2

Last edited:

m8gic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have did something wrong I cant get to system recovery blue screen I can still get on stock rom but when I tried to flash it went to black and so I waited and waited I am scared now to try and flash again I used gingerbreak to root then to make a backup I used rom manger and then tired to flash rom ... what should I do ? Optimus v 2.2.2 new v5

Last edited:

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. Get ready for an avalanche of people saying "DON'T USE ROM MANAGER"

Sounds like you have a newer version of the Optimus V that has the Hitachi screen. Since as far as I know, the recovery that ROM MANAGER supplies isn't actually for the OV, it's probably a simple matter of just flashing a new recovery that supports the Hitachi screen.

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
First: UNINSTALL ROM MANAGER

Here's a link to a program called flash image gui. FlashImageGUI.apk Download and install it on your phone.

Here's a link to a recovery that will support the Hitachi screen: VM670NH_recovery.img

Here's how to install the new recovery:
4. Download and copy the recovery image (works with new & old OV screens) onto your the root directory of your sdcard.
5. Install the Flash Image GUI app (save the .apk to a /sdcard directory, then open it with file manager) Run the app & select 'Recovery Image' option with and direct it to the image file saved on your SD card

Reactions: goth66653

m8gic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I was thinking that just wanted to make sure and i didn't want to make my phone complete screwed . I do have a question when I use the terminal now and do the commands is that going to delete my stock rom or will that get my recovery back ?

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
As long as you can boot into your stock ROM, no harm can be done when flashing a recovery.

What exactly would you be using the terminal for? Flashing the new recovery? If so, no, it won't effect your ROM. Don't really need the terminal though. Try flashimagegui first.

m8gic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
That worked thanks I didn't see your other post until I posted. I was asking about flashing with terminal but this is way easier and free . . . Thanks again for the quick help

Leandroide

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Help needed please.

Did everything exactly as the guide, but now a few things don't work:

1- Home button
2 - Google widget (says unexpectedly stopped)
3 - market (even after typing my info)

So far this is what I've noticed.

Thanks

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Help needed please.

Did everything exactly as the guide, but now a few things don't work:

1- Home button
2 - Google widget (says unexpectedly stopped)
3 - market (even after typing my info)

So far this is what I've noticed.

Thanks

What Rom did you flash? You might have flashed a Rom not made for your phone. As for the market and search issues, I expect you forgot to flash gapps

Sent via the Postal Service

Reactions: Leandroide

Leandroide

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
one (more) little problem
I just plugged it to my pc and it gave me the error sound. Shoul I install the drivers manually (it used to recognize it before:mad: