Can't root Optimus V 2.2.2?

TavisC

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. Sorry to start a new thread, but I've been having a TON of trouble with rooting my Optimus V. I've read the stickies, and nothing seems to work for me. I just got this phone today, and I was hoping to install a custom ROM. The problem I'm having is that when I run SuperOneClick, it ends up freezing on me, every time. I get through two parts-killing ADB server, and then running ABD server. It hangs up on running it, telling me "daemon not running, starting it now on port 5...." After that the program freezes, and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete it. I have the drivers (what I assume are the newest/correct ones, I used the links in the stickies for the drivers,) and I've tried using different versions of SOC, plus running it as admin/compatibility mode. I'm at a complete loss as to what to do, or how to proceed from here. Any ideas?

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I just did mine for the first time yesterday, and i just used Gingersnap to root my phone, its a quick plug in and click the root button type program. Thats the easiest way i know of.

i found it here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ot-utility-one-click-root-multi-platform.html

After that, the flashing of any rom is the easiest part, well after you figure it out for the first time, its alot easier than you think.

TavisC

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks celeste, I checked out the link, and I finally got my phone rooted+rom'd, thanks to you. I've got to say, I'm loving it so far. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20