ADB/ debuging Problem

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I thought you guys should know; Ive been having an issue with getting debug to communicate to any computer I have. Has anyone experienced this as well?
A description of the problem: the trouble comes when I try and connect to any computer to change anything via debugging... On six computers that ive tried it when I plug the phone in it says debugging is on but when I go to terminal it tells me there is no device connected.

This is turning out to be an interesting problem becuase another thing that is affected by it is my phones ability to see more than one partition on an sd card.

Also, before I forget. Yes, I have tried at least ten different usb cables including the factory one.

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that "post roming with IHO", i had to manually mess with the drivers for my phone on my pc, where as before i just plugged it in and it installed the correct drivers on its own. AS with my Mac, i didnt have to do a thing either time.

stupid suggestion, make sure your turning on usb storage device? lol... that sort of would explain it.

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that "post roming with IHO", i had to manually mess with the drivers for my phone on my pc, where as before i just plugged it in and it installed the correct drivers on its own. AS with my Mac, i didnt have to do a thing either time.

stupid suggestion, make sure your turning on usb storage device? lol... that sort of would explain it.
No such thing as a stupid suggestion. Lol. But no. I've even tried it on my Mac... its as though there is some sort of permissions or maybe even a hardware problem.

Seems like the only OS's I haven't tried it on was win2k and server 2008. Lol.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just taking a shot here, but the only way i can get my PC to recognize anything other than USB mass storage is to connect while in recovery. Can't hurt to give it a shot.

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just taking a shot here, but the only way i can get my PC to recognize anything other than USB mass storage is to connect while in recovery. Can't hurt to give it a shot.
Tried that as well. Which is why I'm leaning towards shooting virgin a tweet to see if they can send a new phone out. Anyone know what the factory warrenty is like?

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Well, I think I may have gotten at least link2sd working... so that must have been a ROM issue.

still no adb though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante