PRL(issue finding MSL)

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Im following the guide on the sticky in order to change my PRL. Im stuck in the process of finding my MSL, i follow all of the steps correctly and when i clock read, it says searching phone in DM mode and goes through a few numbers then says, failed: the phone does not answer...

any thoughts?

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
YEah i ened up figureing it out, now im stuck trying to find the 60683.prl file, sense its the latest update for it, im on 61677 right now.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i dont even know where a good source for the PRLs are. Im on 11115 i think on my Triumph and its much better than stock, but i dont know where to look for others.

also, changing prl on triumph is horrible compared to the OV, you gotta reboot and wait for a specific time window to do it or try again if you miss, gets frustrating

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
jcdnosse lives 3 hours from me and he suggests using 60683, im on 61677 right now and i get just about the same coverage as my girlfriend who is on the stock 61007 or whatever it is, she also has an OV.

I wish there was a map of the towers in an area and the ability to see the priority PRL for each tower... but thats probably not in the best interest of sprint. lmao

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Also, somewhere in that thread theres talk about the 1111* numbers including 3g roaming coverage? does that meant that the 606*** prls dont? hmm

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Data roaming is impossible on virgin mobile.

I'm in rockford now and have four bars ant 3g in the lower level (basement) of my house using 61677.

Sent from the Hubble Space Telescope.

deadtoaster2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm still really new to this scene, but from what I understand the PRL lists are national and are not location specific. So you should be able to load the most recent one and get the best results I would imagine. Feel free to correct me if this is wrong.

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I think the PRL has to do more with the company that owns the tower that you are connected to, being that PRL stands for Preferred Roaming List. I am also ignorant to what it reallt has to do with but i think it has something to do with the priority of who gets the connection from the tower. Since Sprint owns the towers that VM users connect through, Sprint users get priority of connection over the VM users, thus changing your PRL to a sprint number instead of the stock VM number, might make your device seem like sprint customer.

Reactions: ChampN252

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched my PRL about a hour ago to 60683 or whatever, and I don't know if its better or now. My bill isn't paid :D(FAIL). The bars so far seems to be 1,2 & 3, like 61007...

Sent from Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR