Favorite ROMs

0911tyler

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm fairly new to the world of ROMs- I only rooted my phone 4 days ago. I've been running a version of CM7 that was adapted for the Optimus V, but I'd like to see if there's anything more interesting. So, what is everyone's favorite rom, and why should i try it?

Thanks in advance.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
the IHO roms are about the best roms for the OV. if your running one of them, thats about it.

you missed the development heyday about 5 or 6 months ago when crazy new features were being added every other day. now, the OV just has some nice stable roms, of both Froyo and GB (cm7)

Just be glad you got a nice stable phone running a recent OS. I doubt a "GOOD" port of ICS will be available any time soon.

any ports that DO happen for the OV are not going to be full featured, due to ICS having higher hardware requirements, and most of the new features require hardware the OV doesnt even have.

Reactions: 0911tyler

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
the IHO roms are about the best roms for the OV. if your running one of them, thats about it.

you missed the development heyday about 5 or 6 months ago when crazy new features were being added every other day. now, the OV just has some nice stable roms, of both Froyo and GB (cm7)

Just be glad you got a nice stable phone running a recent OS. I doubt a "GOOD" port of ICS will be available any time soon.

any ports that DO happen for the OV are not going to be full featured, due to ICS having higher hardware requirements, and most of the new features require hardware the OV doesnt even have.

I'm gonna go ahead and second this.

Sent from the Hubble Space Telescope.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
IHO is my fav.

ive been here since before the v had a stable gingerbread rom. So the process has been great seeing it grow like it has. new people might not appreciate what gingerbread has over the stock froyos since its very easy to start with IHOs .

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Reborn ROM is my favorite. I've tried IHO, Harmonia, and bumblebee and they all seemed to have occasional glitches that irritated me. Reborn is smooth, and heavily themed after sense, which I also enjoy. It's also the only froyo ROM I've used that supports the new market.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
i gotta go with harmonia 1.7 :) stable, fast and stripped of all the bloated crap. i havent really gotten into the GB roms. they just dont do anything for me honestly. and i absolutely hate the new market

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
i have harmonia 2b1 as my 'play' rom. really dont see the difference between froyo and gb for me to switch...unless im missing something :)

0911tyler

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I considered IHO, that looks pretty nice.
And i really hope a port of ICS gets out there soon...it looks surreal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon