Market 3.4.4 Problem

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
so, I decided to go ahead and download the new market. I downloaded it, and pasted it to the system /apps file, renamed it Vending.apk and renamed the OLD market Vending.apk2. I installed the market, but when I try to open it... it force closes immediately. what did I do wrong?

I even cleared data and it still won't work.

Last edited:

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Works perfectly for me. No FCs yet. I even installed a app to see if it would FC on me. So I am happy :3

bkwright87

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Works perfectly for me. No FCs yet. I even installed a app to see if it would FC on me. So I am happy :3

Did you uninstall the updates to the market? I choose the Uninstall Updates box, then clear any data or cache left over. Once that is done I install the new market. If done right you don't even need to rename the market before you install it.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
you know... if your on IHO, the latest gapps file actually IS the new market.... you dont need to do anything but sign in.

I dont know what your doing, but its an APK, you can just install it and android will tell you its an update of a app already installed (if you have the old market, which would be weird.) and then it will install itself.

you shouldnt ever have to paste it directly into androids system directory. i dont know why you are trying to do that, clearly thats breaking something if its not working.

I've never heard of having to install it that way.

also, if you failed to flash gapps when you first installed the rom, thats your problem.

you need to wipe EVERYTHING all over again, flash the rom, then WITHOUT REBOOTING, flash Gapps. if you reboot into the rom, then go back into recovery and try to flash gapps, you will totally f*uk everything up and it will force close when you do stuff and not work right at all.

EDIT:

I just read that 3.4.4 was a new update google pushed out. my phones is updated and only has market 3.3.11

If I were you I would try

A. installing it through file browser like any other apk. then clearing market data and trying again.

or B. wait until your market gets updated normally, as these get pushed out to all android phones anyways.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12