install Cyanogenmod from handset?

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm new at all of this. I rooted my phone using gingerbreak and I'm really getting into this. I'm not to tech savy, but manage just fine with visual help. Yes, I'm a visual learner. My question is, and I searched the forums and wasn't able to find what I was looking for, is there a way thats safe to install cyanogenmod from your handset without using a computer? if so, what would someone need to do? Again, sorry, I'm new at all of this. Thanks for everything all of you for sharing knowledge with us all.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Install ROM Manager. Tap "Download ROM". Find Cyanogen. Tap to install. Make sure to also install GAPPS. After installing, make sure to tap "wipe cache/wipe data/wipe dalvik cache".

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Stay away from Rom Manager and IHO.

It's bad enough that Rom Manager has issues with some (yes, i know it works with SOME). However, the IHO roms listed in ROm manager were uploaded by someone other than the people who made them. While no one has seen any malicious intent, the fact remains that these roms were not put there by their creators and are not supported.

Simply download an IHO rom to your phone then boot into recovery and flash it.

You may want to md5 the file, there are md5 apps available, and I say that because downloading to your phone from USB, wifi, 3g, and especially bluetooth is prone to lots of errors on large files, and yes, 60 megs is a large file for phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech