Guide: step by step rooting of optimus v

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The LG Optimus V
LGOptimusV-VM670-ManualUserGuide-Datasheet-VirginMobile-SpecsOverview.jpg

I think it is the best Android you can get for under $40 (used on Ebay) and have service for Just $35 a month! But it has some problems, it has the notorious Time Without Signal Bug, as well as the fact that it only has a little more then 100MBs of usable internal storage, and it has a slow 600MHz CPU. (Not to mention less then stellar Battery life, which I address at the VERY Bottom)

This guide will address all of those issues, All the Roms in this guide fix the TWS Bug as well as free up lots of internal Storage, and if you flash either of the Harmonia Roms, and decide to use Link2SD, it will increase the available memory 100s of MBs. BobZhomes ICS allows for huge increases in app storage, without Link2SD. And they all allow overclocking the phone, making it even better!

Having finally got my LG Optimus V to work perfectly.
Now I want to show you guys how to do it to!

1st off,
WARNING! Follow this super easy and simple guide at your own risk! I am not responsible for any damage that occurs as a result of following this incredibly easy guide. If you mess up its your own fault

This is a Complete Guide for Rooting and Flashing the Harmonia Custom Roms onto Both Old and New LG Optimus "V"s

Reviews of this guide:

timid10 wrote:
"Hey, I used your guide to root/flash my BIL's brand new Optimus V. He bought it for Christmas and we rooted/flashed it last Saturday. I have an older Optimus V that I bought last summer with Android 2.2.1 and had long been lording my "built-in" portable hotspot capability over him. So, he finally dropped his old service, signed up for Virgin, bought the Optimus V, downloaded Quick Settings, tried to activate the hotspot (and failed), and then called me up told me that the hotspot doesn't work anymore (his phone came with Android 2.2.2).

Whoops! Egg on my face.

So, he and I sat down in front of your guide last Saturday afternoon and carefully stepped through the guide and ended up finishing it in just under an hour. It was super easy! First time he or I have ever rooted/flashed a phone so we were a bit nervous and were very cautious with each step. I appreciate the work you put into writing and maintaining your thread. After looking at many other threads, yours just seemed really clean. I'm going to have to root mine now!

If you ever get up to Seattle, lunch is on me!

cheers."

Bunchlox wrote:
"Very helpful...worked like a champ! Thank you for this!!!"

When you have a custom ROM installed DO NOT do a FACTORY RESET from the privacy menu in the phone! This will Semi-Brick your phone and cause a LOT of headaches! If you do, or you have anything else that I can't help you with, then go HERE for assistance.

And you must Activate your phone with Virgin Mobile BEFORE you flash a custom rom other then Harmonia 1.

Harmonia 2 Doesn't require you to get "gapps" as LesliAnn includes it in the Rom.

And first some questions:
1: Already have a Rooted phone? Skip steps 1, 2, & 3. But NOT Step 0
2: New phone? Skip steps 4 & 11.
3: Already have a Custom Recovery? Skip step 6. Want to use my recommended recovery instead? Read Note #5 at the bottom.

------------------

And now to the guide!

Step 0: Create a new folder somewhere on your PC and Backup your SD data to your computer, a precaution against possible data loss.

Step 1: Download the app "Es File Explorer" (your phone cant read zip files and thus won't let you download a zipped rom until you have a file explorer) from the Play Store.

Step 2: Download Gingerbreak versions 1.1 AND 1.2 and move them to your SD, then open ES File explorer and start the file for Gingerbreak. It will say "Install Blocked" Click Settings and select "Unknown Sources" it will give you a warning, click OK. While your at it go into Development and select USB Debugging (so all of this will work).

Step 3: Open Gingerbreak, and follow the instructions to root your phone. (try version 1.2 first and if it doesn't work after several attempts then try 1.1 if that still doesn't work, then download SuperOneClick onto your PC, start it, connect your phone, and run "root") If your phone doesn't restart after running the exploit for 10 minutes, then pull the battery and restart your phone, (this can take several minutes) check if superuser is installed, if it's not, then try again, do this as many times as necessary until you see superuser in your app drawer.
Your phone is now rooted!

Step 4: If you have things you want to keep like your call log, sms records, apps and app data then download "My Backup Root" It may require you to update your BusyBox, if that is the case then download BusyBox from the Play Store and update it to the latest version. Click Backup and select data, obviously save to the SDcard, I save everything, but I don't restore everything.
When that finishes, do the apps and data. When that's done copy the ?rerware? folder (Its the one that contains the data you just backed up) into the SD backup folder on your PC that you made earlier. Now continue to the next step.

Step 5: Download a custom rom and recovery to the root of your SD card, for a rom I recommend either: Harmonia 2 Gingerbread or BobZhomes port of CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich which requires you to flash Gapps. If you need to use Froyo, say for activation or what not, then Harmonia 1. Whichever rom you choose it needs to stay Zipped. For recovery I recommend Xionia cwma Custom Recovery, the recovery needs to be extracted from the Zip, into the root of your SD card, and renamed a.img. (it makes the next step easier)
And while your Downloading go ahead and get Flash_image, and extract it to the root of your SD card. At this point you may have had your SD plugged into your PC, reinsert it into your phone.

Step 6: Download "android terminal emulator" from the Play Store.
Now this next part is the most difficult portion of the guide if you type it in by hand. However you can make it easier a number of ways, one way is to text one line of code at a time to your phone with your google voice account, and then copy and paste the line from the text message into the emulator, pressing enter, and repeating with the next line. You can also copy one line at a time from the android browser. Or if you have "Chrome to phone" set up, you can highlight one line at a time on your PC and "Chrome to phone" it and then paste into the emulator, that's easiest of all. These all remove the possibility of human typing errors as well as speeds this considerably.

Now enter the following text EXACTLY as shown into the emulator.

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/"a.img"
reboot recovery

Then press enter (also known as return)

Step 7: Your phone should now reboot into recovery, if you need to do it manually then when your phone is off power up while holding the volume down and home buttons in addition to holding the power button. Make sure you have plenty of free space on your SD and have sufficient battery life and/or are plugged into your charger. Now we're going to make a backup of your current system, in case something goes wrong and you need to restore. Go into "Backup and Restore" and click "Backup" Let it finish.

Step 8: Now connect your SD to the PC by either a SD card reader, or go into "Mounts and Storage" select "mount USB storage" and plug your phone into your PC. Backup the folder "clockworkmod" into the SD backup folder that you made earlier. Now anything on your SD not backed up on your PC will soon be gone because your SD is about to be completely wiped, disconnect from your PC. Now with your SD card in your phone, go into "Advanced" select "Partition SD Card" For Ext size select either 512MB (recommended for Harmonia) or 1024MB, (recommended for BobZhomes ICS) and 64MB for Swap size. Now restore your SD card data, and continue to the next step.

Step 9: While still in recovery
Select ?wipe data/factory reset
Select ?yes?
Go to ?mounts and storage?
Select ?format /boot?
Select ?yes?
Select ?format /system?
Select ?yes?
Back out of that menu to the main one again and select ?advanced?
Select ?Wipe Dalvik Cache?
Select ?yes?

After that select "install zip from sdcard" (if flashing BobZhomes ICS then select "toggle signature verification") go into "choose zip from sdcard" and select your custom rom zip file (in the download folder, if downloaded with stock browser). Let it finish. If you installed BobZhomes ICS rom then also flash Gapps. And then boot your phone, this WILL take a few minutes the first time. When in boots sign in to Google and all that jazz.

Step 10: If using Harmonia 1 it auto overclocked the phone for me, it probably will for you, check by downloading CPU spy. If Using Harmonia 2, you have to manually overclock it by entering: Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Performance/CPU Settings/Max CPU frequency. Do NOT select "set on boot" until you've confirmed your phone doesn't crash at the selected max frequency, for the majority of "V"s its safe to be at 748MHz, that is what I use and I rarely if ever crash. Set the CPU governor to SMARTASSV2. If Using BobZhomes ICS then the location is: Settings/Performance/Processor/Maximum CPU frequency. If you do experience crashing at a certain frequency drop the frequency until you don't.

Step 11: For restoring what you backed up in step 4. Re-install My Backup Root. From data, restore call log, SMS and MMS log. The contacts restore themselves, same as emails. DON'T restore system settings, it will mess up your new ROM. Do this ASAP in case someone calls while you are messing with your phone. If you use App2sd (or Apps2SD) and Lookout do not restore those yet, do those after this. The reason for this is that App2sd creates too many interruptions and Lookout wants to scan everything, it significantly slows things down. Now, in BobZhomes ICS you don't need Link2SD, but if restoring apps in Harmonia (1 or 2) I HIGHLY recommend installing and setting up Link2SD first (read "Setting up Link2SD" below) and set it to "Auto link" new apps. Otherwise you will likely run out of room before your apps are all restored. Now, restore all your apps APKs at once, (make sure not to restore any apps included in the new rom!) it will link them as they are being restored, this speeds up the process phenomenally! Once that has finished go ahead and restore Lookout and, if you want to even though its unnecessary now, App2SD. And then restore the App Data, except for any CPU control app like SetCPU, and reboot. Your widgets will all need resetting, for obvious reasons.

These next 3 steps are completely optional but HIGHLY recommended.

Step 12: Before you start read my Tips for V6 Supercharger below. Download "Script Manager" from the Play Store, download V6 Supercharger to the root of your SD card. Start Script Manager, (listed as SManager in the app drawer) and in the pop up select "Browse as root". After closing the pop up, select the pdf file of V6 Supercharger that you just downloaded, and press the Android head with a cross under it, right above "Su" and it'll turn green, then select "Run", it'll begin, read what is said and follow the instructions.

Step 12.1: After your done with the initial run through of the script, and your back at the Driver's console type "6" and press enter. After that's done and your back in the Drivers console, type "17" and press enter. After THAT is done, and your once again back in the Driver's Console, type "32" and press enter. This is the Superclean and Restart I recommended putting off in the tips I said to read. You'll have to confirm that you want to restart, yes you do.

Step 12.2: When your phone is back up, once again start SManager and run the script again, if it worked and says your 100% supercharged then yay! If your not and your running BobZhomes ICS rom then read Tip #5 for what I have to say. If your running Harmonia then try again. Now go back into SManager start area, go into menu and select "more" then select "Advanced options" and finally "Scheduler", you'll want to add a new task, and press "select file" choose "!FastEngineFlush.sh" located in the V6_Supercharger folder. Then select "Repeat" and I recommend setting it to run every 15 Minutes, then select "Save" and your done!

If your using Harmonia 1 or 2, and you skipped steps 4 and 11, then read "Setting up Link2SD" below. If your running BobZhomes ICS then your 99% finished, all you need to do is the small workarounds listed in the thread for things that partially don't work.

Congrats your finished! Your phone is now AWESOME!!!

Now just read the notes. :)

------------------------------------------

Tips for V6 Supercharger:

1: Pay attention, you'll constantly need to press enter. Its annoying I know.

2: For Build.prop vs Local.prop, I have done this on 4 phones with no issue using build.prop, and Local.prop doesn't seem to stick, it is advised to have a backup of your phone, just in case build.prop happens to get messed up.

3: For all Yes or No questions I recommend Yes, except for Superclean and reboot, wait on that for now.

4: If you do something you didn't mean to, just restart the script.

5: If your running BobZhomes ICS Rom, it requires a bit more work to get 100% supercharge, which frankly I haven't figured out yet, so you'll likely end up being 50% supercharged, don't worry though, nothing negative happens as a result of not being 100%.

-----------------------------

Setting up Link2SD

Now, if your using Harmonia 1 or 2, download and install "Link2SD" from the Play Store, open the app and it'll prompt you to select the file system of your sd cards 2nd partition. Run each one (starting with EXT4, as its most likely the one you have) until it says "Mount scripts have been created" If none of them work, your probably running Harmonia 1, then follow the fix below. If you want apps to be linked to the SD cards 2nd partition automatically then go into settings and select "Auto link", otherwise if you want to manually control which apps are linked then just reboot and your done. That's it!

Fix for failure to mount scripts: Download "Minitool Partition Wizard Home Edition" onto your computer. Unmount and pull out the SD card, then load it in your computer. Open "Minitool Partition Wizard" (if you don't have it then download it) and go to the 2nd partition on your SD card, right click it and select "format" then click the drop down menu that says "NTFS" and select "FAT32" and click "format". Then click "apply" at the top left of the program window. When its finished, reinsert your chip into your phone and in Link2SD select FAT32/FAT16 as the file system. It should say "Mount scripts have been created" if not, then try flashing your rom again, it may have been a bad flash, or try a different rom.

Congrats your finished! Your phone is now AWESOME!!!

-------------------------------------------------

Notes:

1: If using Harmonia with Link2SD then periodically, like for instance after updates, you want to make link2SD clean up the 2nd partition and dalvik-cache, (you can find those options under "more" in the menu) as well as relink apps that are no longer linked. Be careful with this though! If its loading when you ask it to clean up the 2nd partition, it might see needed files as not needed and delete them, like what happened to me. lol.

2: Finally, once everything is good to go, you can flash custom themes, you'll find links to some for Harmonia 1 in its own thread, and I would make another backup of your current rom, so you can restore to this fantastic level of a working phone if something happens.
If you want to make your own customized theme (for both versions of Harmonia, and probably even bobzhomes ICS) with: boot animation, colors, and other stuff. Then go to UOT Kitchen they have loads you can do!

3: If after following this guide you are experiencing a black screen either when booting regularly or into recovery (Shouldn't happen with this guide, but has been happening with newer models of the V with other guides) then see this thread for assistance: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html

4: Don't install any apps that come included in the ROM, (I don't know if this applies to updates as well but that's doubtful) as this will cause force closure issues and even corrupt the ROM. Though I believe this applies only to previous/identical versions of the apps.

5: Already have a rooted phone but want to change to my recommended recovery? It's easy:
Download Xionia cwma Custom Recovery
Unzip and rename recovery to a.img (make sure its in the root of the sd card)
In Android Terminal emulator type:

su
cd sdcard
flash_image recovery a.img

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If everything works fine then your done! Congratulations on your newly awesome phone!

Any questions or concerns? Ask me about it, and if I can't help you, ask around the forums.

Thanks for choosing my guide!

P.S. I Also would recommend getting some spare batteries as they are SUPER convenient and I never have a dead phone now. I HIGHLY Recommend the Anker Brand Batteries with charger sold on Ebay. It's only $19.99 Though it was just $79.99 for a few days, YIKES! If that's ever the case, just buy the batteries and charger individually.

Last edited:
Reactions: timid10

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Also, great apps I use are:

1: Wheres My Droid (never lose your phone again!)
2: Go SMS Pro (with ICS theme)
3: Go Launcher EX
4: Quick Settings
5: Adfree (removes ads from most apps)
6: Pocket (Formerly Read It Later)
7: Lookout (I no longer use this app but its a good antivirus)
8: Juice Defender Ultimate
9: Dolphin Browser Mini
10: TED AIR
11: Groove IP (Make & receive free calls over wifi or 3G, with Google Voice, pretty darn good quality, especially on wifi)
12: TubeMate (available through 4shared, or the internet)
13: Waze, its my favorite GPS app, and a great replacement for Google Maps.
14: Virgin Mobile Minutes Checker
15: Alarm Clock Plus
16: Unit Converter
17: Go Calendar Widget
18: Go Email Widget
19: Go Task Manager Widget
20: Equalizer
21: Amazon App Store
22: Astro File Manager (I found this better then ES File Explorer, for its App Backup Capability)
23: Facebook
24: Amazon Kindle

Have fun!

Last edited:

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Even though theres like 5 or so good guides already. It wont hurt having another detailed tutorial/guide. Thanks, and merry christmas to you too.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This guide is fine for installing a Froyo ROM on a "V" with the old Novatek screen. The recovery in ROM Manager will give the newer phones with the Hitachi screens a black screen in the recovery or after ROM install. For more info go here http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html
Step 9 will not work for gingerbread ROM's as they require the gapps and a wiper zip. The ext 3 partition is only compatible with some ROM'S and is really not quite large enough. For more info on this go here The Truth About ROM Manager - Android Forums

Again, this is fine for most Froyo ROM install's on the Novatek screen "V"s.

Reactions: notown

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
This guide is fine for installing a Froyo ROM on a "V" with the old Novatek screen. The recovery in ROM Manager will give the newer phones with the Hitachi screens a black screen in the recovery or after ROM install. For more info go here http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html
Step 9 will not work for gingerbread ROM's as they require the gapps and a wiper zip. The ext 3 partition is only compatible with some ROM'S and is really not quite large enough. For more info on this go here The Truth About ROM Manager - Android Forums

interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Hmm, well i guess I was lucky that all 4 of our used "v"s were the older models. I'll link to the help thread you posted for anyone who has this issue.

Thanks!:)

Edit: I also Removed all Rom manager instructions with the more reliable Xionia Recovery.

Last edited:

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I pretty much Just rewrote the whole guide, with Xionia recovery instead of Rom Manager. I'm pretty sure this makes it okay for the newer Optimus Vs right? also, Harmonia is soon to be updated to Gingerbread, what's this about "gapps and wiper zip"?

Thanks for your input! :)

Edit: gapps is included in Harmonia 2.0 and Wiper zip is unnecessary as I detail how to wipe everything manually.

Last edited:
Reactions: notown

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
thanks for this...never used gingerbreak before.. rooting my wifes phone and on the 2nd try just keeps sitting there, and never reboots. I will wait 20 min and then restart. how many times does it take most people?

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Please help?

I got it rooted, finally got clockwork recovery installed (no error) and reboot to recovery, but I see the stock recovery??? I used rom tools and it said clockwork was installed. I then flashed it myself and had no errors...any ideas???

Thanks

jabak3

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I used gingerbreak apk as stated here and in the top thread of the sub forum.

Then I got busybox and superuser.

The other thread at the top of the forum recomended Flash Image Gui. Also using a Optimus VM670 Img. file to flash. Should I do it for the other one said above instead?

I used Titanium Backup.

I saw that the above mentions overclocking, apps to sd, fixing the bug, and adding the 40mb roughly of internal space. All of the above is exactly what I want.

But I am unsure where to go from now because I don't want to f my phone up. It was bought in Michigan at Target on Black Friday. So is my phone the new or old version and where should I go from here?

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Please help?

I got it rooted, finally got clockwork recovery installed (no error) and reboot to recovery, but I see the stock recovery??? I used rom tools and it said clockwork was installed. I then flashed it myself and had no errors...any ideas???

Thanks

Interesting,
well I can't tell you why its doing that, but if clockwork recovery isn't running properly then flash Xionia recovery, I now recommend Xionia as it works on both newer and older Optimus Vs without issue. Re-read the guide and flash Xionia, after that, if all goes well then go ahead and continue following the guide to the end.

Hope this helped :)

Good luck! ;)

Edit: Try flashing using the more difficult method involving Flash_image, this may be the problem.

Last edited:

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I used gingerbreak apk as stated here and in the top thread of the sub forum.

Then I got busybox and superuser.

The other thread at the top of the forum recomended Flash Image Gui. Also using a Optimus VM670 Img. file to flash. Should I do it for the other one said above instead?

I used Titanium Backup.

I saw that the above mentions overclocking, apps to sd, fixing the bug, and adding the 40mb roughly of internal space. All of the above is exactly what I want.

But I am unsure where to go from now because I don't want to f my phone up. It was bought in Michigan at Target on Black Friday. So is my phone the new or old version and where should I go from here?

It is likely to be the new version of the "V". As for Flash Image Gui, as far as I know its not necessary, just follow my guide and everything should turn out fine. I've flashed my families 4 phones using this method, (with a lot of learning curves in between) and they all work as they should.

And I would highly recommend "My Backup Root" I just discovered it today on the market, and its a 100% free version of My Backup Pro.

Good luck with your phone. :)

Edit: I edited my guide to include Flash_image as an option, as I forgot that one of those "learning curves" involved unknowingly flashing Flash_image in the beginning. So this won't be an issue now.

Last edited:

qt3dot14

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
im new and need some clarifications please.

1. im rooted with superoneclick and not gingerbreak. in theory, is this an acceptable substitute option in your process or should i unroot and re-root with gingerbreak? obviously not having to do work twice would be preferred!

2. if the superoneclick root is acceptable can i then jump directly to step 4?

3. im running android 2.2.1 on my phone. is harmonia v2 or harmonia v1.7 better for the 2.2.1 system, or does it make any difference, and if "yes", then why? (ive tried to research this but i just cant seem to find the relevant info.)

4. in reference to step 5 above:

i download the xiona recovery thru the link.

then i go the the link : http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ries-through-terminal-emulator-very-easy.html

there it tells me to "You need to put the recovery onto the root of your Sdcard." im assuming for this i just connect the phone to the computer via usb and simply copy the file over from the computer to the sd card. if this is incorrect please let me know.

but more importantly, the downloaded xionia file is in a RAR file format.

the instructions say to (i believe for simplicity sake only) to rename the file "a.img" (without quotes).

PROBLEM? the file is a RAR extension. so do i rename the file "xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.rar" and simply change it to "a.img"? this just doesnt seem right to change a RAR extension to an "img" extension just by renaming it. when i rename the file on the computer, by default the file is then called "a.img.rar" which is definitely not "a.img" as referred to in the above instructions.

so... do i simply rename the file to "a.img" and force the RAR out of the file name, or is it "a.img.rar" or do i need to convert the RAR to another format first, or are none of these 3 options correct given the download file format of RAR? and if none of these options are correct, then what would be the correct detailed procedure?

i really appreciate any help.

happy holidays:cool:

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
im new and need some clarifications please.

1. im rooted with superoneclick and not gingerbreak. in theory, is this an acceptable substitute option in your process or should i unroot and re-root with gingerbreak? obviously not having to do work twice would be preferred!

2. if the superoneclick root is acceptable can i then jump directly to step 4?

3. im running android 2.2.1 on my phone. is harmonia v2 or harmonia v1.7 better for the 2.2.1 system, or does it make any difference, and if "yes", then why? (ive tried to research this but i just cant seem to find the relevant info.)

4. in reference to step 5 above:

i download the xiona recovery thru the link.

then i go the the link : http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ries-through-terminal-emulator-very-easy.html

there it tells me to "You need to put the recovery onto the root of your Sdcard." im assuming for this i just connect the phone to the computer via usb and simply copy the file over from the computer to the sd card. if this is incorrect please let me know.

but more importantly, the downloaded xionia file is in a RAR file format.

the instructions say to (i believe for simplicity sake only) to rename the file "a.img" (without quotes).

PROBLEM? the file is a RAR extension. so do i rename the file "xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.rar" and simply change it to "a.img"? this just doesnt seem right to change a RAR extension to an "img" extension just by renaming it. when i rename the file on the computer, by default the file is then called "a.img.rar" which is definitely not "a.img" as referred to in the above instructions.

so... do i simply rename the file to "a.img" and force the RAR out of the file name, or is it "a.img.rar" or do i need to convert the RAR to another format first, or are none of these 3 options correct given the download file format of RAR? and if none of these options are correct, then what would be the correct detailed procedure?

i really appreciate any help.

happy holidays:cool:

If you're rooted, you're rooted. Unless I'm mistaken, then it doesn't matter how you got root access just that you do.

And regarding Harmonia versions, it truly doesn't matter, what you should know though is that the Netflix app v1.5.2 works on Harmonia 1.7, but not on 2.0. I thought this would be a downer, but the improved user interface, the new market, and the ability to install the newest version of Swype, makes it worth the loss. ultimately though it's your choice, my advice? Try them both and see which one you like. it doesn't hurt your phone and is no harder then following the guide the 1st time.

And for the RAR file, just extract the .img file from it. And rename it a.img and so on.

Good luck! :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mjrsplat

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to install the xenia recovery through terminal emulator with no success. I'm rooted, but I have the factory recovery still. when I'm in terminal emulator and I type out the commands, it says it cant find the flash_image. I'm stumped, I put the file on the root of the sd card, typed commands as the other guide states, I renamed the file to a.img and all that. I have superuser installed so I'm rooted, I'm at a loss here.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to install the xenia recovery through terminal emulator with no success. I'm rooted, but I have the factory recovery still. when I'm in terminal emulator and I type out the commands, it says it cant find the flash_image. I'm stumped, I put the file on the root of the sd card, typed commands as the other guide states, I renamed the file to a.img and all that. I have superuser installed so I'm rooted, I'm at a loss here.

I'm not very good with terminal emulator either here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?bj10jcokraw7dh8

Flash image gui has worked for me whenever I needed it

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
BACKside IHO 12212011

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Any reason you want xionia specifically? I've been using bobzhomes IHO recovery. It works on both new and old screened optimus V's
VM670NH_recovery.img

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
BACKside IHO 12212011

If you have a working recovery then I don't see why you would need to change, I just recommend xionia as it's confirmed too work on old and new "V"s and there's an easy existing guide for it. as well as the fact that I use it myself :p

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
If you have a working recovery then I don't see why you would need to change, I just recommend xionia as it's confirmed too work on old and new "V"s and there's an easy existing guide for it. as well as the fact that I use it myself :p

Sorry I guess I should pay more attention to where I am before replying. I was just replying to mjrsplat and bobzhomes is the recovery I use with flash image gui

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
BACKside IHO 12212011

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad