themes and customization

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
ive been meaning to ask, on the IHO rom, and also on the harmonia, theres a "theme chooser" in the home icons. I have downloaded one theme called Cyanbread and it allows me to choose between the default and the cyanbread using the theme chooser....

now, this is different from using themes in ADW launcher, so im wondering how do i just get themes for this theme chooser? do i have to look on the market for just "theme apps" ones that dont require launcher applications?

Mainly im just trying to change the way my status bar looks, IE the color mostly. thoughts?

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, i just had to reflash my rom, had issues restoring back to IHO from Harmonia, once it get it running here in a second ill give this ICS theme a try, ive tried looking for one in the pat and couldnt find one that looked half way decent

ehoser

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
link!?!

Sent from your mom's phone.

I found it on the Marketplace. It says it's for HDPI devices only. What is that and how do I know if my OV is one? (OK I googled and it's apparently the screen type, but I still don't know what my screen is.)

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The V is mdpi. Generally mdpi is screen res of 320x480, and hdpi is 480x800.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could remember. It doesn't show up in the app drawer, of course, and it doesn't say in the theme chooser. After my kids go to sleep, I'll try to look it up.

Sent from my Optimus V on Harmonia 2.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I got a chance to check it out, and it is in fact the Sonny Sekhon one.

Did it install for you eventually?

ehoser

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
No, I rebooted and it was in the Theme Chooser and I got the warning message when I tapped it. I booted again and it still went to the default theme.

I tried to uninstall it and it sat on that screen for over ten minutes too. I just flashed a fresh rom to get rid of it.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't think so. The only thing different between the new and old is the screen (and therefore, the screen's driver). I don't think that the theme is directly interacting with any drivers. I would try it on a fresh install, before restoring any apps and see what happens.

ehoser

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'll try it again. I just reflashed and the only thins i added were gmail and Google voice.

ADD: I just realized my gapps is for 2.3.5. Don't know if that is a problem but I'll see if there is one for 2.3.7.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX