miui 4 optimus 2x\\work on V?

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Theres support for MIUI on the LG Optimus 2x so would this work on an Lg Oprimus V? i mean... i cant see for what reason it wouldnt, far as i know the only difference between the two phones is some upgraded hardware... :S

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
yes. upgraded hardware.

cpu, screen, touch panel, possibly everything is different. I doubt these phones share anything in common. actually, i just looked it up. the 2X uses a Tegra 2 and and the OV uses a quallcomm msm7627

this means in order to get a rom working youd need specific drivers, the software that lets android communicate with things like the screen and touch panel and even use the cpu and gpu.

if that rom was built for a tegra 2 phone its going to be very very difficult getting it to work on the OV if that was even possible.

its just ain' gun' happen, man.

besides, the OV is a bit underpowered to run MIUI, the motorola triumph however, runs it perfectly and its FAST. oh, and once you get to use a 4 inch or bigger 480x800 screen, you will end up hating the OVs little screen. and you really want ur first miui experience to be on a nice screen.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
MIUI is for hdpi phones. I dont think anything MIUI works on mdpi. And since its all closed source, that makes it extremely hard to port.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

theforerunner

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
The Triumph looks awesome to me but ive heard mixed messages about how well they actually work. ive heard reviews about them being all messed up straight from the factory or something but idk. It seems hardly worth spending 300 dollars just to get a little bit better of a phone for now. I guess the OV is still good for now, and yeah i was playing with a droid x2 yesterday and the screen feels enormous compared to the ov, its a 4.6 i think?

i can wait for the ICS rom to come out and ill be happy with that. running the iho cm7 with cyanbread theme so its inda close now.

the only thing that intrigues me about miui is how the whole interface is changed and looks completely different. like menus and all that nonsense.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The Triumph looks awesome to me but ive heard mixed messages about how well they actually work. ive heard reviews about them being all messed up straight from the factory or something but idk. It seems hardly worth spending 300 dollars just to get a little bit better of a phone for now. I guess the OV is still good for now, and yeah i was playing with a droid x2 yesterday and the screen feels enormous compared to the ov, its a 4.6 i think?

i can wait for the ICS rom to come out and ill be happy with that. running the iho cm7 with cyanbread theme so its inda close now.

the only thing that intrigues me about miui is how the whole interface is changed and looks completely different. like menus and all that nonsense.

the triumph isnt "a little bit better of a phone"

its what a smartphone really is and should be

the OV is more like a feature phone that runs android compared to a phone like the triumph. the point im making is there is a huge difference in even seemingly meaningless tasks between a high end smartphone and a low end phone. even if they have the same OS.

I cant go back to a phone like the OV as my daily use phone.

but you are right about the Triumph, it has good hardware but the quality control is a bit lax and they let bad phones ship. overall, the majority of phones are GOOD, the you only hear about the bad ones becuase people who have bad ones go on the forums to complain. people who buy good ones might never think to go on a forum and say anything about it. I happened to buy a good one from the start, but i hear many stories of people who get bad ones returned for good ones. the percentage of bad Triumphs is higher than other models, but that doesnt mean their ALL bad.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Dont know if this is relevant to this thread, but you should check out xperia player's post here. It has a great guide to getting it working on similar phones.

Although it is correct that miui isnt made nor will it be made for mdpi phones.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane