[All CM7 Roms] Accelerometer Wonky - For months now...

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: For the love of God, what ROM for proper accelerometer?

Thank you, I'm downloading it onto my phone now. Do I need to flash gapps with this?

Edit: Yeah I noticed that about ADW also. I've since switched to GO Launcher.

Double edit: Is this mrg666's rom? I haven't tried that one yet. Also, does anyone know of a script that will remove missed things that works in CWM 4?

Last edited:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, I'm downloading it onto my phone now. Do I need to flash gapps with this?

Edit: Yeah I noticed that about ADW also. I've since switched to GO Launcher.

Double edit: Is this mrg666's rom? I haven't tried that one yet. Also, does anyone know of a script that will remove missed things that works in CWM 4?

Yes its mrg666 and yes you have to flash gapps. I think the oc is set to 600/245 by default, so you might want to adjust it accordingly,

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

For people that aren't experiencing this bug and have a CM7 based ROM how often do you reboot or even use the accelerometer?

This bug occurs in ALL CM7 based roms... I found out the hard way.

This is confirmed by JerryScript here. "acceleratometer bug still exists in all CM7 based ROMs"

Also, BobZhome describes the symptoms as cumulative and the only fix is a reboot. Also, says it occurs on all CM7 roms here. "Sorry, the acceleratometer bug still exists in all CM7 based ROMs"

So I've flashed CM7 roms correctly about a dozen times now and experienced it every damn time. Luckily, I made a stock nandroid backup, but that's so lame. ('bout to do it though just to prove to myself it's CM7)

Anyway, accelerometer is officially broken for CM7 based roms on OV, in my, BobZhome, and Jerryscript's book at least.

:(

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the 10-10 build of MiRaGe (iho based cm7), and just tested the accelerometer. I played Speedx 3d, and downloaded and tested Google Skymap. Both worked fine, steering control in the game was very responsive and the star map got a quick GPS fix and rotated properly when moving the phone. I have had Speedx installed for months and have never had problems playing it. I do reboot every few days, just to keep everything fresh. Last reboot 42 hours ago.

Edit: Just checked the posts that the OP linked, both are from mid September, over three months ago. I'm not sure if this issue has been fixed since those posts, but mine sure seems to bee working fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: notown

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm running backside IHO 1221 and my screen rotates quickly and I can play games that use the accelerometer without a hitch. I play raging thunder 2 regularly and the steering is very responsive. Air penguin doesn't have a problem either. Haven't tried the sky map in a while but last time I did use it I didn't notice any trouble with it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

For people that aren't experiencing this bug and have a CM7 based ROM how often do you reboot or even use the accelerometer?

This bug occurs in ALL CM7 based roms... I found out the hard way.

This is confirmed by JerryScript here. "acceleratometer bug still exists in all CM7 based ROMs"

Also, BobZhome describes the symptoms as cumulative and the only fix is a reboot. Also, says it occurs on all CM7 roms here. "Sorry, the acceleratometer bug still exists in all CM7 based ROMs"

So I've flashed CM7 roms correctly about a dozen times now and experienced it every damn time. Luckily, I made a stock nandroid backup, but that's so lame. ('bout to do it though just to prove to myself it's CM7)

Anyway, accelerometer is officially broken for CM7 based roms on OV, in my, BobZhome, and Jerryscript's book at least.

:(

You may be referring to this issue: which according to BobZHome's comment was fixed, but I just did a quick check of inferiorhumanorgan's github and the fix is not in there. So Most builders probably don't have it. I would post in the official IHO thread and ask if it could be brought in.

I just added this fix to my Motorola Triumph build since people were complaining of similar issue with it. Still waiting for feedback from testers.

Reactions: JerryScript

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
You may be referring to this issue: which according to BobZHome's comment was fixed, but I just did a quick check of inferiorhumanorgan's github and the fix is not in there. So Most builders probably don't have it. I would post in the official IHO thread and ask if it could be brought in.

I just added this fix to my Motorola Triumph build since people were complaining of similar issue with it. Still waiting for feedback from testers.

Thank you for finding that. Should I post this on github somewhere? Or in the IHO thread in this forum? I want to be sure the right people see this. Thanks again, that's the exact issue I'm experiencing.

Edit: You must be talking about the IHO thread on xda. Ill check that out.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The issue is a cumulative one that gets worse over time till you reboot, and it does affect CM based ROMs.

Most ROM devs reboot several times a day, so it goes out of sight out of mind. I can't tell you the last time I went more than a day without rebooting. You will have to forgive me, it is a known issue.

Reactions: notown

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The issue is a cumulative one that gets worse over time till you reboot, and it does affect CM based ROMs.

Most ROM devs reboot several times a day, so it goes out of sight out of mind. I can't tell you the last time I went more than a day without rebooting. You will have to forgive me, it is a known issue.

You'll have to forgive me too for not knowing the hierarchy of the coding process. Where can I post this bug to make it official? Or where can I go to monitor the process already underway? Somewhere on github? I want to hit the right level so the fix gets filtered down properly. Thanks.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Btw, I'm using Harmonia_1.7 rom and the kernel from the fix black screen thread and the accelerometer seems to run great even after extended use. It's great.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to forgive me too for not knowing the hierarchy of the coding process. Where can I post this bug to make it official? Or where can I go to monitor the process already underway? Somewhere on github? I want to hit the right level so the fix gets filtered down properly. Thanks.

I just commented on that issue on github it should be included in IHO. Any of the builders (including Jerry) can manually add the fix too.

BTW as an update, one of the MT users reported it fixed his accelerometer problem with the linked I posted above.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
About to download and test your rom again bobZhome.

I think I may have been conflating two things into one.

The first thing I've been testing after flashing rom is google sky. I didn't realize sometimes you have to calibrate the magnometer (OV does have one right?) with a figure-8 motion.

I just figured it was the accelerometer and threw the baby out with the bath water.

Anyway, about to test your rom again. :)

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope, accelerometer problems still exist.

I'll see if I can create steps to easily recreate the problem later today.

I opened google sky and accelerometer seemed to be functioning, went back in after some things and I lost an axis. Opened paper airplane and no accelerometer at all.

I'm back on my harmonia 1.7 nandroid where everything is cozy.

Is it possible newer ov's with the hitachi screen also have other hardware changes?

Anyway, later today I'll reflash bobZhome and create steps. I'll say one thing though this bug doesn't seemed to be linked to uptime but rather how much data the accelerometer has generated? Which obviously the longer the uptime the more data its created but if you use accelerometer intensive apps this problem seems to creep up fast.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm begining to think you may have a hardware issue. The bug never manifested itself that fast for anyone else, usually takes at least a couple of days. I do use both MyPaperPlane3d (addictive) and SkyMaps, I never had the bug show up. I'm pretty sure if it's occuring for you that fast, it is probably more than just a software issue.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, I was just about to apply the patch to BACKside, and I noticed I've already included it since the 1207 build:
https://github.com/JerryScript/android_frameworks_base/commit/ceb203b741c1bfa78129c2350969d2df0a02c6c0#services/sensorservice

Since I haven't been receiving reports about this bug for a while, and the commit fixes the issue on more than one device, I'm leaning more towards some issue other than the ROM. I may have already asked this, but did you try a complete wipe/format before flashing one of the IHO builds?

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I do a complete wipe every time
I probably even go overboard. Factory reset, cache, mounts, dalvik, the whole nine.

I'm on bobZhome (reflashed it since this morning) as I type this and at this very moment the accelerometer works flawlessly on paper airplane yet my launcher, settings pages, opera don't.

Ok, I just reopened paper airplane and its dead again. Argh. But a minute ago paper airplane was working while launcher, etc weren't. As soon as the accelerometer failed to work for my launcher, settings, opera etc I opened PA and PA worked fine. Close it out, wont work anymore.

I really doubt this is a hardware problem, I don't experience any issues with harmonia 1.7 (froyo I believe). Plus reboot fixes it.

My mother has an OV bought at the same time, I'll put bobZhome's latest on there and see what happens. I'm willing to bet the accelerometer will freeze on me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm