[All CM7 Roms] Accelerometer Wonky - For months now...

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Edit: JerryScript and BobZhome confirmed this months ago...

I've tried JerryScript, BobZhome, EmuZombie, and Harmonia...

It started when my screen orientation would lock and refuse to auto-orientate. (with JerryScript) (irritated my mom too, she mentioned it, I put JerryScript on hers...)

Then it got worse, in either BobZhome or Emu (I forget which, but both had issues) the accelerometer had terrible lag. Games were shot, and GoogleSky was jaggedy as s*** when I waved the phone.

Harmonia refused to recognize the accelerometer at all... I can't remember if I rebooted or not to give it another shot... Frustration, so I tried another one....

JerryScript seems to be my ROM of choice (but I changed the launcher as the one it comes with seems slow) and with it I've experienced normal accelerometer usage... but only for a time (hours?). Also, with JerryScript I can actually swipe away notifications.

Does anyone with an OV care about their accelerometer or is it just me? (this bug isn't listed with any of the ROMS, afaik.) I'm new to Droid (smartphones at all, really) got this for Christmas.

I've read loads... obviously, since I've gotten this far since Christmas, but I've reached my patience limit.

I thought I found my solution with an app that forces orientation, called Orientation Control. It works. But now my accelerometer doesn't.

After re-flashing ( a couple times ) JerryScript and after using GoogleSky; my left and right seem to be reversed... WTF. When I wave the phone left the sky goes the wrong direction.

So I'm not making any progress.... Arggh.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: For the love of God, what ROM for proper accelerometer?

Harmonia uses the stock accelerometer system, I won't say stock is perfect, but if Harmonia didn't work, then you probably had a bad flash or didn't wipe enough.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

OK, I'll flash Harmonia again and see if that works. Does it work only for a time though? I hate having to reboot.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

OK...
I...
wiped data/factory reset
wiped cache partition
formatted /boot /cache /data /system
wiped dalvik cache

Then flashed Harmonia 2.0...

Entered WiFi info and loaded up Market. I installed Google Sky... I wave my phone and see the same constellation....I point it north and can go all the way to south and see the same constellations.

Am I not already erasing everything I possibly can? I'm pretty sure I had Google Sky working earlier today at some point, :(

Edit: I do like the "raw" nature of Harmonia though.
Double Edit: And I can swipe notifications away. Nice. Also, about to install a labyrinth and see how that handles my accelerometer...
Triple Edit: I spoke too soon about the notification swipes. :(
Quad Edit: I can swipe away notifications with a "heavy" swipe. Labyrinth seems to run normal, GoogleSky still useless.

Last edited:

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Might be something that you aren't doing right. Ive tried ALL recent IHO roms and froyo and theyre just as responsive if not better than stock :p

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Might be something that you aren't doing right.

That's why I'm here. And that's why I listed my steps.

Edit: But good to know it may be possible for me.

Last edited:

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I've figured out that if I'm holding my OV in landscape mode my X-axis isn't functioning. Y seems to be fine though. I'm still experimenting with Harmonia... I've rebooted, but same problem.

Although, I'm able to play labyrinth fine...

Should I re-flash? I don't know what I should do different though...

I'm using CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5 and most recently tried flashing Harmonia 2.0.

Come to think of it, I'm going to try looking for another recovery. Although, this is the one that was listed in the sticky guide. Suggestions?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

See if all the rotation settings are checked in cm settings / display.

One other thing is to check permissions in the /ueventd.thunder.rc file for compass and accelerometer related permissions.

Last edited:

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I have NEVER been able to play games with the accelerometer since i bought this phone back in Feb.
Skymap is bad too.
And a while back the screen started to lag when it would switch orientations, but i formatted the crap out of it and its been fine since. But still no games. Oh well, I've long given up on that.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you overclocked at all? I'm overclocked at 806/600 interactive and Google sky works flawlessly on my phone

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I woke up this morning opened up Google sky and it was fine... Hmmm....

Maybe it needed to calibrate itself?

Another problem I noticed this morning is that even though my phone had been plugged in for for more than eight hours my battery was at 93. :(

My guess is it fully charged then failed to keep it topped off. Anyone? Or new thread?

The glitches refuse to stop. What else in my future?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Some of that is the compass' fault, and electronic compasses are notorious for being horrid.
Experts recommend taking a non-digital compass with you along with gps if you go out hiking and such because they are so unreliable.

Calibrating helps, but only so much.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok now it takes a noticeably longer time to auto orientate.

Why!?

What's the point of custom roms if it just introduces these problems..?

I bought this phone based on reviews and price, and assumed I'd be able to put custom rom on it. Wrong...

Are there any good non-cm7 roms that work for EVERYTHING?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I think the majority of us don't have any problems like you, these iho roms far exceed any other roms for our phones, you can try one of the old 2.2 roms, like harmonica or bumble bee. And if those aren't to your liking either, maybe you need a more expensive phone to try to live up to your genius phone expectations

Reactions: notown

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

My "genius phone expectation" is a working phone.

Like having 100% battery after overnight charge. Yeah, that would be genius.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My "genius phone expectation" is a working phone.

Like having 100% battery after overnight charge. Yeah, that would be genius.

I had that problem once when I first got my phone, don't let it get you so angry, it fixed it self the next day, I also calibrate my battery every time I flash a new rom, have you done that yet?

kaivorth

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

I like Mirages build. I also had an issue with the accelerameter. This ROM has been my favorite overall. Just said screw the launcher and got Go Launcher EX and my cell's been PERFECT since.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I like Mirages build. I also had an issue with the accelerameter. This ROM has been my favorite overall. Just said screw the launcher and got Go Launcher EX and my cell's been PERFECT since.

Do you have a link to the specific build you're using? It could be a big help for me. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol